Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Kudos for Grossman's presser

Leonard Washington

I thought there would be a thread on this but I saw Grossman's press conference on the Comcast postgame show and I was impressed. He was clearly emotional and looked like he was ready to cry at any moment. He explained his rationale for every INT and took the blame for each.

I know that doesn't change anything but I think it showed character and leadership. :applause:

Also later on Davis was interviewed and took the blame for two of Grossman's INTs. :applause: Gafney didn't support Grossman on his INT however. :hammer:

Again, doesn't change the score or excuse anything but I like character of this team.:point2sky

Who cares what a backup QB has to say?

Stormin Mormon certainly isn't crying, and neither are the fans. Happy trails Rex. I wanted Beck from day 1 anyways, so I can't say I'm upset to see you benched.

I feel bad for the guy, but you just can't wing the ball into heavy coverage like that and expect to keep your job as an NFL QB.

Whatever. Fred Davis was double-covered on at least one of those interceptions. He's not freaking Randy Moss.

I'll give you that but one of them Davis ran the wrong route.

Grossman was almost crying cause he knows he'll never start in the NFL again.

:rotflmao: That could be true, but I like his style. The "f-it I'm going deep" mentality is a badass way to get bounced out the NFL.

I think Davis is our key to this season. He seems to be the easiest target for our QB. I also feel like Hankerson could make an awesome combo with Davis whenever he is ready to play. I wish that was tonight.

I feel bad for Rex but if you don't do your job, you lose it no matter how much you care about it.

Grossman on 1st pick: He was trying to take a chance down field, thought it should've been downed at 2. "Didn't think that was a big deal."

how about i single single handedly lost this game. our defense saved my ass time and time again and i let them down. you cannot give a team like this that many chances and expect to win.

i am responsible for all the interceptions.

so no, he gets no kudos for almost crying at a press conference and blaming 2 of his INTs on other people.

After that performance, he should be crying. He should refund the Skins his game check and put in some work. He's most likely still the starting QB next week. If a terrible game and benching shows him that he needs to work harder, than good. Cry me a river Grossman, just get your head out of you butt.

I didn't watch it, but it was critiqued by Sheehan and Galdi as bad, and that Rex DID blame Fred Davis for one of the INTs, which Sheehan said you just don't do that when you are the QB. I didn't watch it but this thread got my attention because the 980 radio people (both guys who preferred Rex in the preseason) thought Rex looked bad. I recorded it so I'll judge for myself. One way or another IMO its irrelevant though to the bottom line. Sheehan said he thinks Rex should have taken more responsibility for the loss, didn't seem like a leader

OP you are trying to feel sorry for this guy cause he shed a few fake sympathy tears for the cameras. He is a garbage QB, he played like Rex Grossman. He will forever be known as a garbage QB, and any QBs that come into the league that play like garbage, will be known as Rex Grossman. I hope he was crying and ****, cause that just makes him look like the ***** he is.

So you guys giving Rex hell, would it had been better had he shown up with beer,drunk and laughing about it?

No, but i dont understand why you would try to feel sorry for a guy who single handedly lost you the game. The NFL really is turning it a ***** league with all these bogus flags and now posters giving "kudos" to a terrible player who cried at a press conference after a loss.

Enough already about Rexy the DITZY!

Rex has been provided numerous ooportunities to redeem himself as a legit starting NFL QB, and each time he has failed miserably. He is a liability on the field, and has the worst TD/Interception ratio! Every game, he averages 1 if not more turnovers.

It's John Beck's time now. And, if he fails, time to activate Jonathan Crompton from the PS. Jonathan is a young prospect. Has good mobility, sound fundamentals, and a great/accurate arm.

Archived