Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calm Down Folks; We Are REBUILDING.

Diehard Otis

Sensitive much about the age thing? ;) BTW, my pessism is not based on ONE loss as you suggest, but nice try. My pessism is based of 20 years of hearing that things are going to be different this year. We all knew there wasn't a franchise QB last year so they did nothing to fix the problem, we all knew there wasn't a franchise QB this year and they did nothing instead they tried to convince us that an unemployed QB was the hope of the franchise.

I'm so sorry that my pessism annoys you, but I have literally heard it ALL before. I don't think it is unreasonable to take a "prove it" mentality when it comes to our team, I've bought the kool aid so often and I'm tired of playing Dan Snyder's Charlie Brown.

I'm 37 so I have been through the last 20 years of crap as well but I do see a difference in this team and the way we are building and being emotional about one game doesn't make sense. Saying that we knew we didn't have a QB and we did nothing about it doesn't make sense to me either as its obvious the team didn't like their choices at QB in free agency or the draft based on value, money, or whatever so they bit the bullet and supported the 2 QB 's they have.What do you want then to do say

"Well were stuck with loser Rex and all the coaches thought the QB's in free agency were all journeyman that aren't much of an upgrade so we are sticking with what we have and we will do the best we can and then draft our franchise QB next year".

Come on, you know coaches cant be politically correct because if they did people would just jump down their throat saying they are throwing a season or something to that effect. This team is fine and probably a year away from truly being a good team but being naive as if you didn't know this team wasn't ready to be a champion this year seems a little silly if you have been watching football as long as you have.

Ok. typos aside, I thanked Snyder for being in this constant rebuild state and all of a sudden im the bad guy? I didnt run this team into the ground. You guys are funny. If the owner hadent run this team like a fantasy team since 99 we most likely wouldnt be rebuilding yet again. I suppose yall think that Zorn was a great idea as well? Oh he had no other choices? And why not? Maybe because of the way he ran this team? No coach wanted anything to do with him. I also gave Snyder credit for finally doin the right things recently. The firing of Vinny and hiring of Allen was the first step. I'm pretty sure Bruce brought Shanny in but Snyder has takin the step back that he needed to. Finally realizing he knows less than my daughter about football he gave operations over to 2 men that do. But it does not change the fact that he is responsible for his past actions and is responsible for us rebuilding this time as well. Its gonna take longer that 2 seasons to correct the mistakes made by the former front office. I know this as do we all.

Rebuilding??? Year two without a qb.

Normally teams rebuilding start to show life in year two.

Teams rebuilding draft a qb to get game experience in year 1 or 2... Not 3...

And they do not hire their idiot kids to run an NFL offense.

Shanny is just old and out if touch

This is justthe stArt if the unraveling... This team is finished for the year

Please tell me a quality QB (other than the #1 picks Newton and Bradford) that was worth acquiring this year OR last year? Name one please.

I'm waiting.

we will suck until we get a franchise QB. this should be everyones mandated signature.

The problem is that almost everyone will respond by saying .."but we need to fill other needs..." :doh: Where is our Andy Dalton? I want a goddamn franchise young gun.

Sensitive much about the age thing? ;) BTW, my pessism is not based on ONE loss as you suggest, but nice try. My pessism is based of 20 years of hearing that things are going to be different this year. We all knew there wasn't a franchise QB last year so they did nothing to fix the problem, we all knew there wasn't a franchise QB this year and they did nothing instead they tried to convince us that an unemployed QB was the hope of the franchise.

I'm so sorry that my pessism annoys you, but I have literally heard it ALL before. I don't think it is unreasonable to take a "prove it" mentality when it comes to our team, I've bought the kool aid so often and I'm tired of playing Dan Snyder's Charlie Brown.

Actually the age thing bothered me cuz you threw it out there like just cuz I'm younger I don't get it. Trust me I do. I guess being jaded makes you deny the fact that things are actually being done differently for the first time since Danny took over. He has finally put a GM in place and a proven HC dedicated to a true rebuild. A direction this team hasn't been headed in for a long time. I see an excellent draft an excellent off-season period. Also a complete culture change. Now you go on and be a pessimist. I can't really blame you I guess.

Also on the whole franchise qb thing, instead of wasting a pick on a qb last year they stacked our defense, kerrigan was a excellent pick and a huge reason our 3-4 is much improved, all our holes couldn't be fixed with just a qb. Our defense needed it first and thats what they did. But I guess it all in how you see things. Hail to the Redskins.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

Point of the matter is you have to be blind to not see the progress being made.

By the time we grab our "franchise QB", it will take another 2 years to develop him, by that time , Fletcher will be retired, majority of our defense will be into their 30's past their prime, and we'll start the "rebuilding" process again. And again. Spring into Summer, Fall into Winter. Seasons come and go, but the Redskins will always be mediocre...

By the time we grab our "franchise QB"' date=' it will take another 2 years to develop him, by that time , Fletcher will be retired, majority of our defense will be into their 30's past their prime, and we'll start the "rebuilding" process again. And again. Spring into Summer, Fall into Winter. Seasons come and go, but the Redskins will always be mediocre...[/quote']

The rebuilding starts after finding him. Not before. This is treading water. Nothing new. Move along.

By the time we grab our "franchise QB"' date=' it will take another 2 years to develop him, by that time , Fletcher will be retired, majority of our defense will be into their 30's past their prime, and we'll start the "rebuilding" process again. And again. Spring into Summer, Fall into Winter. Seasons come and go, but the Redskins will always be mediocre...[/quote']

I don't agree with this. I think if you get a QB with the tools this offense and the young Qb can flourish in this system. And another thing is our best players on defense are no older than 26 years of age. Landry, Orackpo, Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Nield will be our core players add in a stud ILB and CB and you got a young core of defensive players.

Bitter, knee jerk reactions based on frustration over years of not winning make the fan base no better than Dan Snyder's reputation. The only saving grace is most of us have no power to make things worse.

Loss stinks, team may do worse than hoped, but this team DOES seem to be on a better course. Let Shanahan and Allen keep going. A play for a franchise QB is probably coming this offseason.... Let's use the rest of this season to practice OUR ability as fans to see the positive signs rather than jumping into the ocean of despair over past history. That's rooting like losers folks.

“What’s that? Ah, rebuilding? Don’t talk about – rebuilding? You kidding me? Rebuilding? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.”

I have learned one thing in my life as a Redskins fan and that is that we don't rebuild. And even when we are rebuilding we aren't rebuilding, then we are just expecting a playoffs spot with young talent.

Of course we know, well I knew we were Rebuilding. Thats why I was hoping we could beat Dallas, the midgets and the iggles at home and still LUCK into a Franchise QB with the youngins gaining experience .

Thats not going to be the case with the Colts, denver, and the fish doing their best to land the top guys at that position. We don't have a big physical fast franchise WR

Then we have to look at the fact that shanny's zone blocking run scheme has not done jack against NFC East teams Dallas, Giants and now the iggles.

Oh, I should've known this thread was coming.

Amazing how one game we go from first place in division hoping Rex doesn't screw up a chance to kill philly's season to back to rebuilding again. We are a beaten up football team, but not a bad one. Despite being down 20-0 at one point in this game, and even with 4 interceptions, we still almost came back and won. Philly didn't score in the second half.

So, enough of the rebuilding crap. Trent will play next week and we'll have to figure out how to run in either direction instead of primarily to the left. I terrified of giving rex another chance, because we can't lose to two 1-win teams in a row and expect to make a playoff run. Our division is weak, and we've proven that we go toe-toe with any of the 3 already.

Too many good teams in the NFC to be talking wildcard. Throw in Beck, limit the ints, and just beat up on people to win as many games as possible. Then, when the season is over, we can talk about rebuilding again and QB prospects.

My apologizes, but this loss was inexcusable the way it happened. So saying we're "rebuilding" to explain this BS in my eyes feels like a cop out...

This thread title is probably accurate, however, when you start out 3-1 it's hard to say we're "rebuilding", especially given the state of the rest of the division and league. Look at the Bengals, they're 4-2 and have a rookie starting at QB. Look at the 49ers, they have just one loss and barely and WR's with a very suspect QB. My point is, the NFL is pretty mediocre across the board except for maybe 2-3 teams. The NFC East is there to be taken and the Skins have enough talent to win it if they can figure out some things on offense over the next couple of weeks.

Here are my suggestions:

1). Let's go with Beck for awhile to see what he can do. We know what we have in Rex and Beck looks to be more mobile. He looked good yesterday.

2). The RB situation is suddenly muddled. We need to define roles for each of these 3 as best we can, assuming they are healthy. Who's our 3rd down back?

3). Austin needs to play more. I like his hands and he has good speed.

4). The Skins need a 3rd down option out of the backfield who the defense has to think about. Don't know if we have that guy on our roster....would it be too crazy to throw Banks in there like the Saints use Sproles on passing downs.

5). If Hankerson is ready, he should be put in some redzone packages just for his height and the option of throwing the jump ball. We need to see what he can do, especially since we picked him so high.

ARGH, Beck did NOT look good yesterday. He threw ducks. When a QB releases the ball and it comes out wobbling its a result of him being so 'scared' that he can't get a good grip on the ball.

I was playing in a flag football game where my linemen were getting destroyed and after the first 10 blitzes where I caught a snap and just barely got the ball out of my hands before getting 'sacked' it happened to me as well. I couldn't step into a throw and was nervous as hell. This after playing in high school and college. You'd think i'd be able to handle a flag football game and a little pressure but it was brutal. Beck did the same thing yesterday on his throw to Terrance Austin and on another pass.

Maybe you guys missed the first throw to torrain where beck scrambled left and threw back to his right. Torrain was wide open and he missed him badly. Or the pass to Fred Davis over the middle that was in the dirt. It looked like McNabb was back there again throwing at shoe laces. I don't want to pick apart every throw but Beck did not look comfortable out there at all. Rex, unfortunately will be the starter and is actually a little better right now than Beck. I don't know when or if Beck will ever be ready if he was that nervous out there.

No offense, but the "be patient" line is getting old. OK, you say be patient, then tell me who's gonna be the QB next year?

Who cares.

Here's your options.

Caterwaul and cry like a typical know nothing impatient fanboy..

Go jump on someone else's bandwagon

or be patient and allow the team more than 15 months to fix ten years worth of problems.

This isn't Jim Zorn or Steve Spurrier.

What else is there?

~Bang

Please tell me a quality QB (other than the #1 picks Newton and Bradford) that was worth acquiring this year OR last year? Name one please.

I'm waiting.

Dalton looks pretty good. Ponder looked pretty good last night.

I've said before, I kind of liked Alex Smith. I'd be curious what you could have gotten him for last year (49ers took a QB in the 2nd round).

And then there are a whole bunch of people we haven't seen play.

(Heck, I'd be curious as to what the 49ers would want right now for the 2nd round they took. Are they thinking about a real shot right now and would give him to you for a reasonable vet that would help right now?)

ARGH, Beck did NOT look good yesterday. He threw ducks. When a QB releases the ball and it comes out wobbling its a result of him being so 'scared' that he can't get a good grip on the ball.

He also hadn't taken a snap in practice in...how long? It's not like he had practiced with the 1st squad all week & was prepared to com in in the 4th qtr to play clean-up after a 4 INT performance by Grossman.

He also hadn't taken a snap in practice in...how long? It's not like he had practiced with the 1st squad all week & was prepared to com in in the 4th qtr to play clean-up after a 4 INT performance by Grossman.

I completely agree with you. He may not have been working with the 1st team since pre-season but he still shouldn't have thrown wobbling balls. I can completely understand if the timing isn't there for awhile but not something as basic as just gripping the football and throwing it. He was under a lot of pressure though to just step in and play so maybe that contributed. I hope that if he does in fact get another start this doesn't occur again.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

3-1 makes Redskin fans delusional. Any level headed fan would have predicted an Eagles win on Sunday. We aren't there yet folks.

I agree. Not only that but we haven't played very well on offense either. The eagles are NOT a bad team. They aren't the Rams. They DO have a lot of talent. Look back at the games they have lost against the Bills and 49ers. Both VERY good teams.

i dont have a problem with rebuilding. i have a problem with rebuilding when you dont have a qb to rebuild with. even if you do have a successful rebuild, you arent going to do anything without a legit qb.

im impatient i guess, but its been too long since we had a qb who knew what he was doing.

i dont have a problem with rebuilding. i have a problem with rebuilding when you dont have a qb to rebuild with. even if you do have a successful rebuild, you arent going to do anything without a legit qb.

im impatient i guess, but its been too long since we had a qb who knew what he was doing.

I agree they should get the best QB available in the draft next year and build around his strengths. I previously had been advocating Kellen Moore but after more research it seems that NO scout agrees :) How about Griffin from Baylor?

I completely agree with you. He may not have been working with the 1st team since pre-season but he still shouldn't have thrown wobbling balls. I can completely understand if the timing isn't there for awhile but not something as basic as just gripping the football and throwing it. He was under a lot of pressure though to just step in and play so maybe that contributed. I hope that if he does in fact get another start this doesn't occur again.

Yeah, I agree.I hope he gets that chance & I think that once he does, those wobbling passes will fix themselves.

I agree they should get the best QB available in the draft next year and build around his strengths. I previously had been advocating Kellen Moore but after more research it seems that NO scout agrees :) How about Griffin from Baylor?

if he declares, and im beginning to think he wont. i like tannehill personally, due to his upside and the high possibility that he will be available for us to get.

While I want a QB too, to pretend that is the only need this team had is short sighted (not you, but lots)

Lets say we use that first pick on Gabbert... no Kerrigan, none of the trade downs that brought us so many players to fill so many needs..

I don't think it's true that you MUST start at the QB position. rebuilding takes time, especially with a franchise as dysfunctional as this one has been. just looking at the previous five drafts, and the numbers of those guys who are already gone from here or out of the league.

That said, I guarantee you we have any and all scouts out looking at QBs.

In the four drafts before the Shanallen era began we made 33 draft picks.

21 of them are out of the NFL. Gone in less than five years.

Of the 12 remaining, a quarter of them play elsewhere.

(Just look at the 08 draft. what a disaster. 10 picks. 7 are out of the league. 1 is a backup in NY. 2 are still on the team, and that was just 3 years ago.

An 80% failure rate. I don't know that anyone has drafted worse than we have in this time span. FTR, I use this time span because four years after any given draft, you should be seeing contributions. We drafted 65% guys who are not good enough to survive 4 years in the NFL.)

That is as wasteful as it gets.

Impatience is one thing, but when you look at that you can hopefully understand the mountain in front of the FO at the beginning of last season.

~Bang

The key to rebuilding is to put pieces in place and then get a QB, our future QB is not on the roster this year and we are making do with what we have. I don't know who we will end up with in the draft but whoever it is better be prepared to come to a franchise that has a history of falling in love with the backup QB. We need OL depth, a top notch corner, a stud WR and a QB, I am being patient with Shanahan because we are starting to get some of those pieces we need I am just curious to see when he fills some of the obvious needs. You are never as bad as you think you are and you are never as good as some people say you are.

Archived