Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calm Down Folks; We Are REBUILDING.

Diehard Otis

You dont just draft a qb to draft one.. You draft a guy u believe he is worth of the pick u r picking at. And that hasn't been the case so we build up the other parts of the team so when u do find that qb to draft he is in a good situation were he can succed. If we fell like we need to trade up in this years draft to get r guy then thats what we will do. And he will be in a decent situation with a good young defense

The best part is, these Redskins gain Experience. These experiences in the heat of competition will pay handsome dividends down the road. I'm pissed we lost, but I sure am happy with the direction we're sailing towards. The Skins will be fine.

Good post. It seems easy to forget where the holes are when we are winning because the teams we've faced couldn't expose them. But, we ARE moving in the right direction, I completely agree with you.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 05:17 PM ----------

you blame Snyder for the 6 years of "rebuilding" BEFORE he even became owner? lol :ols:

Yeah, people are so ready to throw blame at someone, they really don't think about what they are saying. They just want to blame him for everything that is wrong. When in fact, a lot of people forget the mess that Snyder inherited...in 1999. :doh: :ols:

No but I put the past in the past. These last two seasons have nothing to do with Snyder. Your first post looked alot better in 2009.

The past is why we are still rebuilding after all these years. Thats my point.

After Norv,rebuilding. shotty and spurrier,still rebuilding, after gibbs and zorn, yep,still rebuilding. Enter Shanny and guess what,yep theres that same word,rebuilding.

I give Snyder credit for what he's done recently and the credit is due.

Quick question why did we not draft Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round? Was he already off the board? i cant quite remember maybe the skins were gunning for him but thought he would fall?

Because he is slow in the pocket, can barely move and an overall bad person.

The 2012 draft is MUCH deeper at the QB spot

Because he is slow in the pocket, can barely move and an overall bad person.

Yes he is a bad person that is true but being slow in the pocket shouldent matter too much. Payton is slow in the pocket and so is Brady they are good Qbs. now im not saying ryan mallet is manning or brady because those are 2 future HoF Qbs but it just shows that you dont need to be super mobile to be a quality QB

but yes you make a good point

I disagree that we are rebuilding however I will say this. Last year we had the WORSE defense in the league (or close to it) and we fixed those issues in the draft. I still think we're a few players away along the D line and CB but we're vastly improved. I think this off season we will resolve our O line and QB situation. I want to see them get Boise States QB. He'd be an excellent fit for the Shannahan system. Very accurate.

The Redskins can't run the ball this year. That's a combination or O line and poor play calling. I think that will get better as the season goes on too.

20 years of rebuilding.......this team better be the fricking 8th Wonder of the World when we finish "rebuilding"!

This! I'm with you, we hear the same thing every year. When will we actually start winning? I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but this is getting ridiculous.

This! I'm with you, we hear the same thing every year. When will we actually start winning? I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but this is getting ridiculous.

You know what scared me? It was about a year ago when it dawned on me, that yeah the Saints didn't win a Super Bowl for 40 some years, and that could actually happen to us.......*sigh.....

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 06:47 PM ----------

lol...

the Redskins have never drafted a good QB... ever.

Should this be interpreted as, "thus we never will"?

you blame Snyder for the 6 years of "rebuilding" BEFORE he even became owner? lol :ols:
Apparently you did since you are blaming him for 8 years of "rebuilding" he had nothing to do with! :ols:

And why the hell not? The team was bascially rebuilt in 1999 when Snyder bought the team. Remember 1999? That's the last time we won the NFC East and were a bad snap on a FG away from the NFCCG, someplace we haven't been since 1991. Snyder comes in and starts playing Fantasy Football with the Redskins and completely destroys the chemistry we had that year. From Wikipedia:

on January 2, 2000, against the Dolphins. Running back Stephen Davis rushed for a club-record 1,405 yards (1,285 m) and quarterback Brad Johnson completed a club-record 316 passes and threw for more than 4,000 yards (3,700 m) in regular play that season.

2000 he fires Norv 13 games in and we finish 8-8. 2001 he hires and fires Marty. 2002 he hits Spurrier. 2 years later it's Gibbs' return. You see that pattern? Within 5 years of taking over as owner the team went from a championship-caliber team to the laughingstock of the NFL under Spurrier.

So you know what? He's damn right that we've been rebuilding for 20 years because of Snyder. Because Dan came in and started treating his shiny new toy like a childhood dream-team of has-beens and shiny new coaches instead of leaving a winning team alone. Yes, he's "learned" from his mistakes because he's kept his mouth shut for almost a year, but he cost this team a freaking decade because he came in like a kid on Christmas instead of like a grown ****ing man who realizes he doesn't know jack **** about football and hires competent people to run his money-making machines for him. So no, Snyder doesn't get a pass from '92-'98 just because he didn't own the team, because he completely blew up all that had been accomplished in that time to bring us back to respectability.

Archived