Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Of course, my favorite thing was Rick wasting no time with Tomas. I like Mad Slayer Rick. I always hate it when they drag out thew guy who needs to be killed right away because you know he's going to try to **** things up but normally you're made to wait through the whole movie or season before the inevitable and usually other people die that didn't need to die. Though I felt sorry for the actor, who seemed really cool on The Talking Dead.

Also, and I hate to get sucked into playing this part of the geek game, but isn't the blood as much a means of transmission too? And isn't there way too much blood spatter on a regular basis to be having everyone involved keep avoid getting any into their mouths, eyes, cuts etc.?

I mean, is it only zombie saliva that transmits it via the bites in this mythos? You get bit, you turn quick. Shouldn't people be getting turned occasionally just from splatter infection?

I was thinking the same thing, still good episode. Does one of the prisoners they let go end up being a rapist or something and that's why was sneaking up on what's her name while she practiced cutting?

First off, let's hear it for our boy T-Dog. FINALLY proving his worth with his riot shield badassery.

iron-e-singleton-t-dog-walking-dead-sick-season-3-amc.jpg

When Rick said "**** happens" and came down on dude's head with the blade, I let out a "holy ****!" - that one really caught me off guard. I'm glad he (and the rest of the group) aren't taking any **** this season.

As far as the Herschel injury/turning dilemma, I figured that they chopped off the leg in such a rapid fashion to prevent the spread of the infection. Eventhough everybody is a carrier of the virus, it's not the same as the live infection from a zombie being introduced to your system, which is why when he was out cold, the group said "still no fever"... they were anticipating the worst. But, looks like they hacked it off just in time. Hopefully he'll get a badass peg-leg.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

How many of you would have done the same as Rick regarding locking the guy in the exercise 'yard' left to be eaten alive as his fate? He was not as much of an aggressor as the other guy that Rick split his head in two with the machete.

I bet Rick wouldn't have done that if he didn't attempt to strike him with a baseball bat. Once he was an aggressor, his fate was sealed.

Rick is stepping up, he wasn't lying when he said he wold do whatever it takes to protect the group. Why the hate for Carl? He's come a long way from the last 2 seasons I think. Lori still sucks though. But good job on coming through in saving Herschel.

Rick is stepping up, he wasn't lying when he said he wold do whatever it takes to protect the group. Why the hate for Carl? He's come a long way from the last 2 seasons I think. Lori still sucks though. But good job on coming through in saving Herschel.

Hey at least she admits that she's a terrible wife and mother.

I do hope they show a little more insight into the devolution of Lori and Rick's relationship.

I was thinking the same thing, still good episode. Does one of the prisoners they let go end up being a rapist or something and that's why was sneaking up on what's her name while she practiced cutting?

My bet is that it's Merle. It makes sense if you think about it. Have Merle kidnap Carol and we end up having Daryl being forced to choose between his allegiance to the group and his brother.

Disclaimer: this is 100% my own personal speculation, no spoilers.

I gotta agree, Season 3 Carl is far far better.

Of course, my favorite thing was Rick wasting no time with Tomas. I like Mad Slayer Rick. I always hate it when they drag out thew guy who needs to be killed right away because you know he's going to try to **** things up but normally you're made to wait through the whole movie or season before the inevitable and usually other people die that didn't need to die. Though I felt sorry for the actor, who seemed really cool on The Talking Dead.

I don't know, Rick seems like he's turned into Shane... but with a murkier sense of morality and weaker communication skills.

Also, and I hate to get sucked into playing this part of the geek game, but isn't the blood as much a means of transmission too? And isn't there way too much blood spatter on a regular basis to be having everyone involved keep avoid getting any into their mouths, eyes, cuts etc.?

I mean, is it only zombie saliva that transmits it via the bites in this mythos? You get bit, you turn quick. Shouldn't people be getting turned occasionally just from splatter infection?

The zombies don't seen to have saliva and the show has completely abandoned anything relating to consistency on this issue (or anything). They studied the disease while at the CDC and watched it kill then reanimate a person. Now the kill part seems to have split off from the reanimation portion, sort of like NyQuil Day and Night. Perhaps the survivors have developed an immunity to the non-drowsy portion of the zombie super plague. What remains is similar to a Komodo dragon bite, in that it's teeming with bacteria thanks to the rotten flesh present in their mouths.

On the subject of consistency when Daryl said that sound attracts them I couldn't help but think about his chosen form of transportation. heh.

I think Rick and Daryl both knew that the leader prisoner dude had to go when he went all RAGE on that one dude who got scratched.

T-Dog is getting more speaking roles and more camera time! I see you big T-Deezy!

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 11:39 AM ----------

I

On the subject of consistency when Daryl said that sound attracts them I couldn't help but think about his chosen form of transportation. heh.

Pretty funny, I didn't even think about that :ols:

My bet is that it's Merle. It makes sense if you think about it. Have Merle kidnap Carol and we end up having Daryl being forced to choose between his allegiance to the group and his brother.

Disclaimer: this is 100% my own personal speculation, no spoilers.

If you watch the previews for next week closely I believe you see a certain someone at the end.

I know, right!?!?!?

My wife and I say that every time it happens on the show. The least stealth form of transportation known. The only benefit is its size when maneuvering through the abandoned cars on the highway as well as mpg of gas.

He's still an moody idiot putting people in danger? He went off alone in search of medical supplies and very easily could have died and left a path open for the things that did him in to kill everyone else while they were prepared. The adults aren't all staying in formation and working in groups for the heck of it, but to hold disaster off as long as possible. Only a matter of time before the moody prince goes exploring again and gets followed back.

Can anyone verify something for me... ?

Between the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3, it's been 3 months, correct?

it looked like it was late October or November when season 2 ended and they made it through the winter so I'm guessing its around April now. So I'd say probably more like 4-5 months

I don't know, Rick seems like he's turned into Shane... but with a murkier sense of morality and weaker communication skills.

Yeah, but it's that morality play I like. Rick was more the "shining knight" kind of lawman pre-apocalypse and while his "inner Galahad" is still there (as Lori's character is deliberately directed by the script to note in their exchange) he's being hardened and dehumanized (the major metaphor for the series anyway), and bent and twisted (to what full degree we have yet to know, nor is the process done), as combat, particularly the very savage up-close and personal variety, often does to such folk.

Shane (as written) was likely a self-serving comparatively simplistic ass (and a dangerous one) before, and just became even more dangerous and sociopath-indulgent after.

The zombies don't seen to have saliva and the show has completely abandoned anything relating to consistency on this issue (or anything). They studied the disease while at the CDC and watched it kill then reanimate a person. Now the kill part seems to have split off from the reanimation portion, sort of like NyQuil Day and Night. Perhaps the survivors have developed an immunity to the non-drowsy portion of the zombie super plague. What remains is similar to a Komodo dragon bite, in that it's teeming with bacteria thanks to the rotten flesh present in their mouths.

Agreed on all the inconsistency (and this is hardly the only zombie world full of it) or illogical "disease" angles. And even though apparently the zombie guide to survival recommends motorcycles, I think in this case in particular, it's very funny. Still love the show no matter how many thins make me go "what?"

He's still an moody idiot putting people in danger? He went off alone in search of medical supplies and very easily could have died and left a path open for the things that did him in to kill everyone else while they were prepared. The adults aren't all staying in formation and working in groups for the heck of it, but to hold disaster off as long as possible. Only a matter of time before the moody prince goes exploring again and gets followed back.

I see what you are saying. But they cleared out most of the cell block so wouldn't it be safer for him to go to the infirmary? And while I'm thinking about it....why did all the grown up people not try and make it to the infirmary? I mean Herschel gets his leg amputated wouldn't that maybe be one of the first things that should have been done instead of leaving it to Carl to do it?

i think its probably the bald chic. i think he was the one watching her while she was trying to practice a C section on the zombie. I also have this feeling that the nervous felon that always had his hands tucked away is the real leader of that group.

i think its probably the bald chic. i think he was the one watching her while she was trying to practice a C section on the zombie. I also have this feeling that the nervous felon that always had his hands tucked away is the real leader of that group.

Mustache man? No prisoner is as innocent as he seems.

The prisoner interaction was weird. It didn't really accomplish much except to show us that Rick will kill someone if tempted, but we know that already don't we? The two prisoners they left in the other cell block seem harmless to me, and maybe once the camp is able to move they go check on them. It just seemed like the conflict with them was just to fill time. They could have easily went to get food from the cafeteria without having anyone alive to delay.

I see what you are saying. But they cleared out most of the cell block so wouldn't it be safer for him to go to the infirmary? And while I'm thinking about it....why did all the grown up people not try and make it to the infirmary? I mean Herschel gets his leg amputated wouldn't that maybe be one of the first things that should have been done instead of leaving it to Carl to do it?

They hadn't found it yet. Carl wandered off on his own into unknown territory that had not been cleared, exploring. That's essentially the only thing his character does.

Carl:

1- look moody

2- wander off into zombie territory after being told not to.

3- come back and announce brightly that he found some zombies while wandering around

4- get angry and bitter when this is not received we'll by patents.

5- repeat

Archived