Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I have this weird sense that the post I made on the previous page sharing what the writer said about the reasons they didn't get to the prison until they did (and that they might show more of that in nurture episode), was somehow missed by a few of you guys.

I have this weird sense that the post I made on the previous page sharing what the writer said about the reasons they didn't get to the prison until they did (and that they might show more of that in nurture episode), was somehow missed by a few of you guys.

no I saw it and it made sense! I just wanted clarification on what twa meant

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 12:50 PM ----------

[/color]

on talking dead (which is not considered spoiler material) the writer said the herds were moving in and out and back and forth around the prison and that whole area and the group had to move in avoidance patterns.

some stuff is likely seen in each episode that becomes clearer in flashbacks in future episodes (my speculation).

Now after watching the episode again it seemed like they were tracking the herds on the map also and mapping out towns they haven't gone through yet.

Thirty seconds and am already not impressed with these "convicts".

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Suck that ****, Kevin Smith.

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 09:10 PM ----------

That's a nice Latino accent.

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

It was nice while the writing was good.

Why chase away additional survivors? Seems like a great strategy if the goal is to die off completely. Consider that they've encountered people enjoying limited safety twice, once in the city and once on the farm. Both featured larger groups cooperating.

That was a solid, if unspectacular, episode. I don't quite understand why Hersh didn't turn last week. How is the trauma of a zombie bite is sufficient to turn one into a Walker, but having your leg chopped off with an ax is not? I dislike Lori more and more. Finally, I want to see zombies dine on Carl like they're a bunch of fat camp escapees at Golden Corral.

You turn into a walker by being bitten and having the disease/fever transmitted to you or by dying, in which case it activates once you die. Apparently by cutting off the leg, they kept the infection from spreading to the rest of his body.

You turn into a walker by being bitten and having the disease/fever transmitted to you or by dying, in which case it activates once you die. Apparently by cutting off the leg, they kept the infection from spreading to the rest of his body.

They're all already infected. So why does a bite turn those already infected, but a leg hacking doesn't?

They're all already infected. So why does a bite turn those already infected, but a leg hacking doesn't?

Imagine the bacteria that develops in a zombie's rotting flesh. It can't be good to have that enter your body. Hacking the leg off limits the spread and gives your body a chance to survive.

So why didn't they just try to patch up Hershel? They made clear in season 1 you don't need to die to turn.

Because like I said you turn 1 of 2 ways.

1.) You get bit/scratched. A fever takes over your body, you die. You come back turned.

2.) You die of natural (or in shanes case unnatural) causes. You come back turned.

By cutting off the leg they avoided the infection spreading to the rest of his body and causing the fatal "fever". If they would have left the leg attached and just patched it up he would have developed the fever, died, and came back anyway.

So why didn't they just try to patch up Hershel? They made clear in season 1 you don't need to die to turn.

Right. You get bit, you turn. But if you fall off a cliff, you turn. I guess they thought the bite turned you, perhaps it's just fatal due to the toxins and you die and turn.

Of course, my favorite thing was Rick wasting no time with Tomas. I like Mad Slayer Rick. I always hate it when they drag out thew guy who needs to be killed right away because you know he's going to try to **** things up but normally you're made to wait through the whole movie or season before the inevitable and usually other people die that didn't need to die. Though I felt sorry for the actor, who seemed really cool on The Talking Dead.

Also, and I hate to get sucked into playing this part of the geek game, but isn't the blood as much a means of transmission too? And isn't there way too much blood spatter on a regular basis to be having everyone involved keep avoid getting any into their mouths, eyes, cuts etc.?

I mean, is it only zombie saliva that transmits it via the bites in this mythos? You get bit, you turn quick. Shouldn't people be getting turned occasionally just from splatter infection?

Archived