Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Did anyone else wince at the "Im smarter than you line"?

I did and felt it was completely unnecessary.    I felt if they just let him bark the orders, that should suffice.   I thought they already clarified that he was brilliant being that he's a scientist with the cure.

those three just seem to be an odd group overall.  The big, dumb, goofy military guy (who knows if he was even a real military member).  Then you've got Dr. Eugene, who sports a mullet and supposedly can save mankind.  Dude also seems like an Aspie, not that there's anything wrong with that.  And then you've got the hot girl in short shorts, with pigtails, who is good with an AK-74u. 

the **** are they doing together?

those three just seem to be an odd group overall.  The big, dumb, goofy military guy (who knows if he was even a real military member).  Then you've got Dr. Eugene, who sports a mullet and supposedly can save mankind.  Dude also seems like an Aspie, not that there's anything wrong with that.  And then you've got the hot girl in short shorts, with pigtails, who is good with an AK-74u. 

the **** are they doing together?

Well I mean look at Rick's group. Former cop, a chick with a sword, an asian pizza boy, an old farmer/vet, etc. etc. Couldn't make up a more strange group of people working together then that if you tried.

I am liking the second half so far, although the Daryl/blonde chick(can never remember her name)parts are kinda boring. New group that wants to go to D.C. is interesting though I wonder if the Dr. really has any idea or is just a kook. I get the feeling he may just be some lonely weirdo who made up crap about having a potential cure so he could group up with people.

Exactly how old is Beth (yes, thats her name)?

I swear, she's looked the same age since season 2

born 8/85 so 18

not to be a dirty old man but her behind has improved

add

getting senile and slipped a decade there,she has aged well

born 8/85 so 18

not to be a dirty old man but her behind has improved

Lol I was going to say the same thing (not before i checked her age though). That back was looking a lil nice in that last episode. Can't believe shes even older than me. She looked like  she was 14 in season 2, and still looks pretty young (younger than her age, since she's still fairly young) now

Yeah that was weird, especially after that poor girl got chomped, then got a bullet put in her head, getting tossed by the Governor.  And I think either Daryl, Michonne, or Glenn is going to die.

Considering that the once mute, brooding, walker whispering samurai Michonne is showing some of her humanity, and letting the audience in on her past, I think she is currently in the lead by a few strokes.

Apparently the new showrunner is responding to criticism that Michonne was providing absolutely nothing to the show and was a total blank slate for everyone watching given the amount of screen time she was getting.  You can be brooding (see Darryl).  You can't be uninteresting.

Lol I was going to say the same thing (not before i checked her age though). That back was looking a lil nice in that last episode. Can't believe shes even older than me. She looked like  she was 14 in season 2, and still looks pretty young (younger than her age, since she's still fairly young) now

I feel less sleazy now for what this scene prompted

the-walking-dead-season-emily-kinney-201

Apparently the new showrunner is responding to criticism that Michonne was providing absolutely nothing to the show and was a total blank slate for everyone watching given the amount of screen time she was getting.  You can be brooding (see Darryl).  You can't be uninteresting.

I didn't really find her uninteresting. She was a deadly character, who was fiercely loyal to Andrea, and could kick ass, but you could tell that she was dealing with a lot of unresolved emotional trauma, everytime someone would bring up her chaining the walkers, or looking a  various toddler themed objects that would trigger a very emotional response.

All I wanted was some answers as to why she was the way she was, before she potentially got killed off. I view the show just like I would if this stuff happened in real life. I think you would come across plenty of people like that, rendered almost mute due to the amount of pain they've suffered along the way

I didn't really find her uninteresting. She was a deadly character, who was fiercely loyal to Andrea, and could kick ass, but you could tell that she was dealing with a lot of unresolved emotional trauma, everytime someone would bring up her chaining the walkers, or looking a  various toddler themed objects that would trigger a very emotional response.

All I wanted was some answers as to why she was the way she was, before she potentially got killed off. I view the show just like I would if this stuff happened in real life. I think you would come across plenty of people like that, rendered almost mute due to the amount of pain they've suffered along the way

First I should say that I partially agree with you and don't totally agree that Michonne needed to become Chatty Cathy to be interesting.  I'd read that her recent changes in behavior might be related to criticisms of that character and I relayed that information.

I'm sure you're right about the natural shell-shocked effect these events would have on most people.  I think her total lack of information or backstory or even genuine human emotion made her a difficult character for people to empathize with, though. 

First I should say that I partially agree with you and don't totally agree that Michonne needed to become Chatty Cathy to be interesting.  I'd read that her recent changes in behavior might be related to criticisms of that character and I relayed that information.

I'm sure you're right about the natural shell-shocked effect these events would have on most people.  I think her total lack of information or backstory or even genuine human emotion made her a difficult character for people to empathize with, though. 

Oh yeah, nah I wasn't aiming that at you, just giving my opinion. I realize not everybody is going to like the same things (in terms of overall viewership), so its all good. To me, the only completely useless character was probably T-Dog.

Guy lasted almost 3 full seasons yet they gave him almost no backstory, no private moments of reflection, no major contributions beyond shooting walkers, clashes with other characters (unless you count the one with Merle in Episode 2 of season 1), no nothing.

It was like he was barely even there.

I think the plot is building.  I'm weary of this sanctuary, I'm not sure I'd ride up to the front gate and present myself and crew.  I'd check it out for a day or two and see whats what.  Could be where the men in Rick's "home" were from.

Glenn is a knucklehead.  I get what he's doing and can't say I wouldn't want to do the same, but the whole shoot up the truck fiasco is his fault - and everyone just blew it off as "it happens".  I'd be furious.

Abraham, if he is prior service, knows better than to screw around in hostile territory without perimeter security.  Also, random hot latinas roaming the streets in cutoffs?  Girl, put some clothes on before you get cracked in the back of the head and drug off in a dark corner.  The odds are men vastly outnumber women in the wild...and men have needs.

I generally liked the episode,  but how in the hell do the writers keep getting away with the little things?  Rick basically slams the bathroom door, yet the bad guy doesn't hear it.   Carl magically has his other shoe back that was lost when trying to get away from the walker last week,etc.  Michonne and Carl are walking up to the house and the bad guy is distracted at the last moment leaving Rick with a clear get away. 

I don't remember Breaking Bad having lazy scripts or bad continuity.

The shoe is easily solved, Michonne brought it back and was showing it when Rick looked through the door's peephole at her. He told Carl it was for him.

I still can't fathom the TV show attempting to pull off the Negan storyline, especially so soon after the Governor, but you never know.

Are you talking about the dudes that were in the house with Rick?  I was under the impression that they were going to be the TV version of the Hunters.

Also, assuming that dude who got choked out isn't dead - he did see Rick.  We'll see how that plays out.

yeah, I thought it was clear he wasn't dead, but some recap articles and folks I know seem to be convinced he got killed over that bed.

He was choked out, and they showed him snoring.

Archived