Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Yeah, how when and where.

Good point, though considering the earth hasn't been ravaged by nuclear fallout, you could still find plenty of raw materials out in the wilderness, and would be able to hunt.big game, and harvest crops.

I feel the beginnings of a "zombie apocalypse survival" thread LOL

Additional scientific background info would be good. I just want to know (as always do with slow zombies) how the heck they overran the country in the first place. From what I've seen from these Zombies a single well led Infantry company could wipe out every zombie in Atlanta.

Additional scientific background info would be good. I just want to know (as always do with slow zombies) how the heck they overran the country in the first place. From what I've seen from these Zombies a single well led Infantry company could wipe out every zombie in Atlanta.

Ever read WWZ?

• Sure, we were unprepared, our tools, our training, everything I just talked about, all one class-A, gold-standard cluster****, but the weapon that really failed wasn’t something that rolled off an assembly line. It’s as old as…I don’t know, I guess as old as war. It’s fear, dude, just fear and you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day... “Shock and Awe”? Perfect name, “Shock and Awe”! But what if the enemy can’t be shocked and awed? Not just won’t, but biologically can’t! That’s what happened that day outside New York City, that’s the failure that almost lost us the whole damn war. The fact that we couldn’t shock and awe Zack boomeranged right back in our faces and actually allowed Zack to shock and awe us! They’re not afraid! No matter what we do, no matter how many we kill, they will never, ever be afraid!

• For the first time in history, we faced an enemy that was actively waging total war. They had no limits of endurance. They would never negotiate, never surrender. They would fight until the very end because, unlike us, every single one of them, every second of every day, was devoted to consuming all life on Earth. That's the kind of enemy we had waiting for us beyond the Rockies. That's the kind of war we had to fight.

Never really bought WWZs explanation for how the Zacks got that far. Once zombies weaknesses were known it would not take much tactical tweaking to wipe them out. Even in WWZ it showed how they were wiped out  just believe that would have occured much sooner.

I have another thought. I figured after season 1 that they would all hit the road and head for another state, but as I began reading the credits and such, I realized that this seems to be a strictly Georgia based show.

But even then, could they actually end up in DC, like on location? I realize that with todays  technology they wouldn't actually have to be in DC to be in DC, but it would be pretty cool if they started filming here as well.

that everyone is a carrier would be a good place to start, that combined with they never stop.

I agree it should be simpler to eliminate them,but they are never eliminated as long as you live  :)

On top of that, the brains of these zombies should have already decomposed by now.  these should be walking skeletons...

Sometimes reality can only take you so far. I don't mind. The world should've already been destroyed by nuclear reactor meltdowns anyway, and a lot of the roads/lawns in neighborhoods should've been overtaken by growth.

Reminds me of when I tried to watch for my brother the first time. "Wait, this isn't right, thats not right, thats innaccurate, he couldn't have died that way." After awhile you just want to smother people like that with a pillow.

I have another thought. I figured after season 1 that they would all hit the road and head for another state, but as I began reading the credits and such, I realized that this seems to be a strictly Georgia based show.

But even then, could they actually end up in DC, like on location? I realize that with todays  technology they wouldn't actually have to be in DC to be in DC, but it would be pretty cool if they started filming here as well.

I don't think so for reasons that strictly deal with finances. This isn't 24 that gets a blank check for its show. This show has operated on a limited budget from the get go. Season 2 the farm was extremely cheap to use. The prison was milked for every scene they could manage, etc. I just don't seem them doing big elaborate set pieces that would be needed to portray DC realistically 

Well Richmond is usually used these days by film studios  for anything that calls for scenes in DC...so I would be thrilled to have that happen.  Logistically and for budget reasons Richmond makes more sense than filming in DC. 

I would have training camp and the Walking Dead on location.  :D

Burning the house down (Darryl's past) using a stack of money (Beth's spoiled childhood). Nice representation of both of them finally moving on from their past.

Also liked the symbolism (show is littered with it, and occasional easter eggs, apparently) where Beth is just a young woman shopping for nice clothes for a moment, and dons the immaculate white sweater over the bright and sunny yellow shirt. And that brief moment of faux normalcy is almost immediately shattered by having zombie brains & blood splattered all over it.

Time to change again, as everything truly has changed, and it will never be as it was.

To this point and seemingly for some time into the likely future, even what structures (material and cognitive) survivors are able to cobble together after the plague are never anything but temporary.

What most of us, most of the time, experience typically as an abstract contemplation of how our lives could be turned upside down in terrible fashion by some random catastrophic event, is now a visceral reality that occurs with a regularity and of especially horrific nature, even when compared to the terrible nature of "normal" combat/warfare situations.

Grievous loss in this world is a staple. Instability in all things is a staple. The mental state of these survivors (beyond the will to survive) is a fascinating theme.

Jesse Pinkman drove straight to Georgia after the events of Breaking Bad. What he wasn't aware of at the time was that in the trunk of the car that he took from the Nazi's was a batch of the blue stuff. After discovering the contents of the trunk he tried desperately to stay away from that lifestyle but he couldn't bring himself to throw it out. To make money, he would sell the blue to a man that he met by the name of Merle Dixon (this explains how Merle had "blue" in his bag that we saw in season 2).

During one of their many parties, he ends up punching Merle for making fun of Brock's (who Jesse misses dearly) favorite cartoon about a talking dog. When Daryl jumps in, Jesse pulls a gun and puts it to Daryl's head and says: "I'm gonna kill you, ****." After a brief standoff, he punches Daryl in the gut which causes Daryl to puke. They all enjoy a laugh and that was the end of that.

:)

Also liked the symbolism (show is littered with it, and occasional easter eggs, apparently) where Beth is just a young woman shopping for nice clothes for a moment, and dons the immaculate white sweater over the bright and sunny yellow shirt. And that brief moment of faux normalcy is almost immediately shattered by having zombie brains & blood splattered all over it.

Time to change again, as everything truly has changed, and it will never be as it was.

To this point and seemingly for some time into the likely future, even what structures (material and cognitive) survivors are able to cobble together after the plague are never anything but temporary.

^

Nice observation. ;)

Such a great episode.....best one since the Clear episode when they found Morgan. Well written and like you said ,filled with symbolism.

^

Nice observation. ;)

Such a great episode.....best one since the Clear episode when they found Morgan. Well written and like you said ,filled with symbolism.

I wonder if he will show up again at some point. Just seems like he has plenty of chapters left on his story.

He was right though when he told Rick why he didn't want to come with him. At the end of the day, pain and suffering is inevitable

I'm getting nervous, man. Beth's kidnapping has set things up for him to rescue her and die heroically. I'll keep watching without him, but it sure as hell won't be the same. They definitely haven't been the same since Shane and Andrea (and even Dale) died, in terms of group psychology. I will admit though, that the producers have been messing with us since the prison finale, even before then, dropping the info that someone major is going to die.

I missed the first 20-25 minutes because I had to take care of some stuff over the phone, so I didn't get to see whatever that attack was that split up Maggie, Sasha (btw, did y'all see them on Talking Dead? Good grief) and Bob.

I wonder just who in the hell kidnapped Beth, and if it has anything to do with that group of psychos that surrounded Daryl. Things are heating up.

The car had a cross on the back of it, if I remember correctly.  Looked like the undertaker that was running that place set up a pretty elaborate trap to capture whoever was rolling through.

It would be hard to watch the show without Daryl, and maybe even Beth at this point.

Daryl sleeping in the coffin. DONOTLIKE foreshadowing. I don't know if I'll keep watching without him.

Yeah I looked at my wife and said...oh hell.  Good use of foreshadowing, now I'm worried.  I hate seeing Beth and Daryl out there alone.

Btw, who sang that opening song on last nights epsiode?  Great song.

Archived