Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Eagles is going to test the Redskins greatest weakness. Scoring.

Destino

The other three QBs in the division have been good for two turnovers per game too. Look at Manning's career. And Manning had a TD pass today that should have been intercepted by the Seahawks (68 yards). But he still threw two picks and fumbled twice.

C'mon man, let's not get into a debate over which of the four teams in the division has the worst/least talented QB.... Those other guys have been turning it over as well, but their career bodies of work are superior.

This is the type of game where the 3-headed RB attack needs to utilized early and often. Grossman can't be forced to make too many plays otherwise the Eagles defense will become opportunistic and turn into the Eagles defense of old. They need to get going fast in this game otherwise the Eagles will do the very same thing and it could be an uphill battle all afternoon.

Run, run, and run again. If we can control the clock and score like that, the game is ours for the taking. If Kyle goes with his usual pass-happy calling...

By espn stats, the skins have run it 123 times, and passed 143. That's roughly 53% pass and 47% run. Over the 4 games.

Hardly pass happy.

The skins are much more balanced than they get credit for...

By espn stats, the skins have run it 123 times, and passed 143. That's roughly 53% pass and 47% run. Over the 4 games.

Hardly pass happy.

The skins are much more balanced than they get credit for...

Yep. Many Skins fans are delusional and think we're still in the 1980s and you can just run the Riggo Drill and 70 Chip it every play. You gotta be able to throw the ball to win in today's NFL folks.

I hope we don't call one passing play inside the red zone. We need to play smash mouth football and do not get away from the run.

As absurd as that sounds under most circumstances, I'm 100% fine with that. No field goals, just run on all 4 downs. Not only would it likely have better results than we've been seeing, the **** dick Eagles would never expect it, and we have the defense to do it. More often than not, they wont be able to drive 80-90 yards on us, and especially not more often than we would get into the end zone with all runs.

Knocking Vick out of the game is the only way I see the Skins winning. Their offense is potent/talented. If they didn't get in their own way they'd be prolific. The best bet is the running game working early and often..soften them up..time of possession domination, keep their O off the field, force turnovers, be more physical... . win an ugly one.

Your logic seems flawed. If I'm following you, your point is:

1). The Eagles, every game this year, have scored more points than their opponents usually give up.

2). So far this year, the Skins have usually given up 15.8.

3). Therefore, the Skins will have to score more than 26.4.

They scored 23 on a 49er team that averages 0.2 points less per game than we do. I think we'll need 28.

It's just really fortunate the way the rest of the NFCE is screwing up, especially on our bye. While it is an opportunity to jump on the division, we went another step ahead this week while the team sat at home. What I'm saying is, don't be devastated if the skins lose to philly.

As for the game I agree running properly is the way to go. But that doesn't just mean running 'heavily'. You know, we scream our heads off when they run on 3rd and 5 and fail..and scream our heads off if Rex throws incomplete on that down. Fact is, Rex to Gaffney or Moss or 3rd down has been money. For the most part. This 'run run run no matter what' thing is a little nuts lol, it's not like Rex is going to throw an interception so bad in lands in your lap on your couch at home. Let the man pass the ball. I'd rather beat the Eagles by scaring the **** out of them with the run, then scoring all over them with the pass; going run heavy when necessary. The eagles defense is clearly ****ed up right now, so keeping them reeling, keeping the guessing, keeping them stressed...that's the way to go. Telling them all they have to do is stop an all out running game by the Redskins would be too easy.

I expect Vick to break some runs but they won't be on purpose, they'll be him running for his life. I think a quarter of the season is enough to say really, the Redskins pass rush is nothing to **** about. So far, Arizona gashed us with draw plays for awhile, and otherwise, short dumpoffs over the blitz have gashed us. I don't think Vick makes these quick smart decisions with the football, and instead tries to scramble away like superman. He'll make plays on a couple, and he'll have Kerrigan up his ass on a couple. I think he'll get hit as he throws a bunch, and the result is a disrupted offense.

The offense will figure out how much to run blah blah whatever, I think it's most important to beat the **** out of Vick and get him all mad. I want his post game presser to be the maddest thing ever.

The Redskins have a very, very good defense. A top 10 defense through five weeks of the season. That said, I'm not really that concerned with the Philadelphia Eagles ability to score. Our defense can keep the game close if it comes down to that. The abilities of Orakpo and Kerrigan will flush Michael Vick out of the pocket. He'll be sacked a lot. He might even be sacked by the likes of Barry Cofield and Adam Carriker. I am a little concerned that DeAngelo Hall has given up huge plays in pass coverage so far this season. But I think he'll probably get his first pick against his ole Hookie teammate next Sunday.

We will be extremely lucky to win this game. Philadelphia is probably the most dangerous team in the NFL right now: they're going to wake up at some point and when they do, it won't be pretty. We were strutting and jawing before last year's Monday night game against the Eagles, and we all know how that ended.

We need a balanced game plan and have got to be successful running between the tackles. To me, that means heavy doses of Torain. Gash their defense with the run, eat up clock, and keep Vick and DeSean off the field. Burn them with play-action, and exploit their LB weakness with involvement from our TEs.

Defensively, we have to get in Vick's face and keep their WRs scared of crossing the middle.

We will be extremely lucky to win this game. Philadelphia is probably the most dangerous team in the NFL right now: they're going to wake up at some point and when they do, it won't be pretty. We were strutting and jawing before last year's Monday night game against the Eagles, and we all know how that ended.

There's no denying that the Eagles are dangerous... but I actually don't think they'll ever completely snap out of the funk they've found themselves in. Their defensive play calling, coaching, and personnel is going to hold them back all season long and Vick is not good enough to carry the load by himself, especially when the offensive line is also in a state of disarray.

Yep. Many Skins fans are delusional and think we're still in the 1980s and you can just run the Riggo Drill and 70 Chip it every play. You gotta be able to throw the ball to win in today's NFL folks.

All well and good if you have a competent pro QB you can trust. We don't. Either starting or on the bench. For this team to keep being competitive, next Sunday and beyond; the ball needs to kept out of Rex's hands as much as possible. And when it is in his hands, it needs to be simple plays. This D can't be expected to carry a team that struggles to put up points like this one.

Sadly, the OC has an aversion to running the ball. He started off the year a lot more balanced, but the last two weeks he's slowly slipping back to the Kyle of old where 'running' is a dirty word. And when you ask Rex to throw the rock and put it on his shoulders, BAD things happen.

Hail.

The Eagles have major problems that will take some time to correct. For one, even though they've acquired some extremely talented players, they are not using those players in the ways that would maximize their skill sets. I think that Reid is done after this season, regardless of how everything pans out. That team has gone as far as it will ever go with him at the helm; it's time for them to move on. The decision to turn over all of that defensive talent to Juan Castillo remains a head scratcher.

To beat Philly, sure we need to pound the ball. But balance will be key. I wanna see a heavy dose of Davis and Cooley against those linebackers. Philly can gobble up yardage in a hurry, and one missed tackle or poor angle can really come back to burn you against those guys. We've got to be solid all around because, let's face it, they'll be desperate for a win.

Man, Cullen Jenkins must feel like a real idiot right now for leaving the Packers.

The Redskins will have 2 RBs over 100 yards rushing this game, and all top 3 RBs will have at least 40 yards. Just a hunch.

Hope so, and I'd love to see it. Which 2 if you were guessing?

Better yet, if you had your pick, seeing what we've seen so far from the Eagles D, who would you prefer to receive the majority of the carries and in what order?

A) Hightower

B) Torain

C) Helu

But remember, 33% for each is a boring answer :D

The thing that worries me the most is that although I do find the Eagles to be overrated, I don't find them to be as bad as a 1-4 record would indicate. The melted down against the 49ers, were an injured Vick away from probably beating Atlanta, and almost came back to at least tie Buffalo today.

While they might not meet expectations, I certainly believe one of these weeks they will "get it right" and at least improve enough to start winning some of these close games.

Now, with that said, there are plenty of reasons they are 1-4. I believe it starts with their defense which has been consistently bad every single week so far. That to me is where the plan of attack should begin. Run the ball early and often, keep their offense which has a lot of speed, off the field as much as possible.

I also agree that I don't think the 'Skins can against the Eagles in a 17-13 type game. This could be a week where the 'Skins need to drop a 30 spot to win.

The original post is 100% correct in my book. This is something I was telling my friend about today. We will have to score points in order to put this team away. I believe the game plan needs a heavy dose of the Torain Train and Fred Davis should be able to attack their LBs and safeties.

Archived