Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Eagles is going to test the Redskins greatest weakness. Scoring.

Destino

everybody is saying that armstrong is our only deep threat, but why dont we ever put banks out wide? technically he is a wr. hes got speed to be a serious deep threat. may not run the best routes but his speed alone should scare defenses into pulling a safety for over the top help. if armstrong cant go, i say we use banks to go deep, at least use him as a decoy for running plays.

There's a line I've always liked, from the original series Star Trek.

The Enterprise is in pursuit of a fleeing spacecraft from a race they have not previously encountered. (The Gorn.) Kirk keeps ordering the Enterprise to higher speeds. The fleeing craft matches their speed. The third of fourth time he does this, Scotty speaks up from his position.

"Captain. We don't know anything about their technology. They may be faster than we are."

Kirk: "They'll have to prove it."

I think our approach to running the ball should be the same. "They might be able to stop the run." "They'll have to prove it." (And keep proving it.)

Man, that quote right there is almost good enough for me to start watching Star Trek...Almost.

From an article in The Post:

Davis started off the season by leading Washington in catches and receiving yards, but in the last two games hasn’t been much of a factor. Davis said the reduction in activity had more to do with the Redskins’ play selection than it did with how defenses are planning for him.

Kyle......COME ON MAN!

While everyone is the offense has to run, we need deep passes etc, I am thinking this game will be won by our D. I just don't think that OL of the Beagles can protect Vick with Rak and Ryan rushing. We have got to hit Vick hard and often and I believe come 3rd Quarter he will be making all kinds of errors. last year when we got blown out guys we didn't get to him, because we didn't have a pass rush. This time however should be different and for me this is the key.

While everyone is the offense has to run, we need deep passes etc, I am thinking this game will be won by our D. I just don't think that OL of the Beagles can protect Vick with Rak and Ryan rushing. We have got to hit Vick hard and often and I believe come 3rd Quarter he will be making all kinds of errors. last year when we got blown out guys we didn't get to him, because we didn't have a pass rush. This time however should be different and for me this is the key.

The problem with that is Vick is getting battered this year and yet the Eagles are still averaging 25 points per game. Unless Vick gets injured I don't see us keeping their score much below 21, even given that we're probably the best defense they'll have faced so far. The Skins offense really needs to step up for this one..

*Sigh* Fact of the matter is, we should not have won that Rams game. If they caught every dropped pass...well... t it woulda been ugly. You guys are talking about "scoring" as if it is a minor detail on the road to victory

THIS IS HUGE!!

We take 0 shots downfield, and allow the DB's to press us hard and zone the middle out. Lets implement Austin's speed and hands like BMore does Torry Smith. We need to only use the pass to exploit the Iggles trying to stuff the box to stop Torrain from...well... doing what Torrain has done since he got here.

That fade route to Moss in the Redzone is getting waaaaaaay old!

*Sigh* Fact of the matter is, we should not have won that Rams game. If they caught every dropped pass...well... t it woulda been ugly. You guys are talking about "scoring" as if it is a minor detail on the road to victory

Sorry but that ISN'T a "fact". We dominated the Rams, with or without their drops, and should have had the game put to bed way before the 4th quarter.

Sorry but that ISN'T a "fact". We dominated the Rams, with or without their drops, and should have had the game put to bed way before the 4th quarter.

You just contradicted yourself

Either we dominated them or we didn't put the game away before the 4th quarter. You can't have it both ways.

And no, we didn't dominate the Rams. They almost came back. If HALF of their drops are caught, they win the game

I'm guessing that Young Kyle knows how weak the Eagles running defense is, and he'll run the ball with who we have. I'm pretty sure dad has told him to pound them with a heavy dose of Torain/Helu/Hightower. :)

No. That requires logic and reasoning. Kyle still believes he can win with Rex chucking it 40+ times a game

Either we dominated them or we didn't put the game away before the 4th quarter. You can't have it both ways.

And no, we didn't dominate the Rams. They almost came back. If HALF of their drops are caught, they win the game

Now you are trying to have it both ways... you can't just call the What ifs? on the Rams. What if Santana catches that ball and runs for a TD instead of dropping it into Ram hands for an INT? What if we'd used Torain all game? What if we fell on those forced fumbles in the backfield?

Ok for your benefit, I shall rephrase what I said....we dominated the Rams for 3 quarters, and should have put them away before the 4th. Better?

And you want to go on "ifs"? You can have your opinion about their drops, but it sure isn't mine.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 07:08 PM ----------

Now you are trying to have it both ways... you can't just call the What ifs? on the Rams. What if Santana catches that ball and runs for a TD instead of dropping it into Ram hands for an INT? What if we'd used Torain all game? What if we fell on those forced fumbles in the backfield?

Thank you. The only "facts" are the ones in the scorebook.

It seems that our boys know exactly what they're getting into, and are not underestimating the Eagles. Good.

“The last time [the Eagles came] here, they embarrassed us,” cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. “We definitely know the weapons they have, the playmakers they have and the team speed they bring to the table.”

Said Armstrong: “You think about what happened to us last year at home and you know they’re capable of putting up a lot of points. We have to find a way to neutralize them and don’t mess up.”

‘Mess up’ is what the Redskins have done for several years against Philadelphia at FedEx. The Eagles are 8-2 as the visitors in the last decade, the two losses coming when they were reeling in 2005 when Terrell Owens was suspended the day before the game and, in 2008, when the Redskins won a narrow 10-7 game.

This time around, Philadelphia is – or should be – in complete desperation mode and the Redskins are expecting nothing less.

“We know they’re going to be motivated,” linebacker Brian Orakpo said. “They have a bye after our game and we know what type of team they are. We remember the Monday night game from last year and they have some weapons.”

Said Hall: “They’re a dangerous team and a talented team. Anytime you put those two together, it makes for an explosive combination.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/news/Embarrassing-loss-eats-at-Redskins?blockID=575708&feedID=6355

This makes me feel better actually. I'm still nervous for the game, but I do feel better knowing that the guys remember last year very well, and are not underestimating the Eagles.

THIS IS HUGE!!

We take 0 shots downfield, and allow the DB's to press us hard and zone the middle out. Lets implement Austin's speed and hands like BMore does Torry Smith. We need to only use the pass to exploit the Iggles trying to stuff the box to stop Torrain from...well... doing what Torrain has done since he got here.

That fade route to Moss in the Redzone is getting waaaaaaay old!

Sorry, but you sound like a very un-educated football fan, let alone Skins fan.

You really don't look at talent and just say what you think sounds good.

Throw the ball deep? You have to have a QB who can get the ball there consistently. Rex is arm cannot do that. However he is good at those 20 yard passes, that you so call hate. Comparing Austin going deep like Smith? Seriously? Flacco's arm to Rex's?

I am not going to even talk about the ifs of the Rams game. That goes two ways.

But I will say this, if Kyle wants to contine to try an put teams away through the air (sometimes I am fine with it), he better beat in Rex's head that he better make sure the play is there. Otherwise, we will go from 3-1 to 3-4 very quickly.

Sorry, but you sound like a very un-educated football fan, let alone Skins fan.

You really don't look at talent and just say what you think sounds good.

Throw the ball deep? You have to have a QB who can get the ball there consistently. Rex is arm cannot do that. However he is good at those 20 yard passes, that you so call hate. Comparing Austin going deep like Smith? Seriously? Flacco's arm to Rex's?

I am not going to even talk about the ifs of the Rams game. That goes two ways.

But I will say this, if Kyle wants to contine to try an put teams away through the air (sometimes I am fine with it), he better beat in Rex's head that he better make sure the play is there. Otherwise, we will go from 3-1 to 3-4 very quickly.

He sounds very educated to me. Mainly because he's got open eyes and isn't drinking kool aid. We got very, very lucky. Moss missing one catch (which is pretty on par for him) pales in comparison to the amount of drops the Rams had.

The problem is that Kyle thinks that Rex is a good QB. Grossman has done the same thing for 9 YEARS in the NFL. He doesn't protect the football. He slings it up there and tries to make a big play. More often than not, he gets burned. Now he doesn't even have a receiver that can get open, deep down the field. The time for Kyle to "beat in Rex's head that he better make sure the play is there" is long, long gone.

I despise this chain of "logic"..."if" the Rams had caught all those passes--and the Skins still didn't catch all of THEIR dropped and tipped passes...

In these scenarios only the opposing team is allowed to eliminate their mistakes in order for the poster to make their point..."If the Rams played a perfect game and the Redskins weren't allowed to improve one iota" is what you're actually saying lol...

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

He sounds very educated to me. Mainly because he's got open eyes and isn't drinking kool aid. We got very, very lucky. Moss missing one catch (which is pretty on par for him) pales in comparison to the amount of drops the Rams had.

Um, the Rams WRs dropping a lot of passes is pretty on par for them...we didn't just catch them on a bad day.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:56 PM ----------

When is the last time the Skins beat the Eagles at home??

2008, it was 10-3.

*Sigh* Fact of the matter is, we should not have won that Rams game. If they caught every dropped pass...well... t it woulda been ugly.

*SIGH* If the rams had played perfect football they wouldn't be the rams. In fact they would be the greatest team ever to play the game. Mistakes are part of the game and the team that makes less of them often wins.

*SIGH* If the rams had played perfect football they wouldn't be the rams.

:ols: :applause:

Mistakes are part of the game and the team that makes less of them often wins.

And, the team that overcomes their own mistakes the best also wins. Whether some on here want to believe it or not, the Skins have greatly improved in the ability to overcome their mistakes.

*SIGH* If the rams had played perfect football they wouldn't be the rams. In fact they would be the greatest team ever to play the game. Mistakes are part of the game and the team that makes less of them often wins.

other teams' fans, even losing ones, say things like "If they'd caught those passes we'd have blown them out."

Why can't Skins fans be like that?

The problem is that Kyle thinks that Rex is a good QB. Grossman has done the same thing for 9 YEARS in the NFL. He doesn't protect the football. He slings it up there and tries to make a big play. More often than not, he gets burned. Now he doesn't even have a receiver that can get open, deep down the field. The time for Kyle to "beat in Rex's head that he better make sure the play is there" is long, long gone.

The educated part had nothing to do with the ifs. You chose to ignore my posts about "throwing the ball deep". That is a ridiculous statement to make when we all saw what Grossmans arm is worth on the Fred Davis wide open pass against the Cards.

Also, you think Moss's if is the only if? Really? What if Hightower had told Shanny that he has a bum shoulder? What if Armstrong had played? What if Rex could throw the ball further than 25 yards in the air accurately?

The WRs the Rams have suck. The QB we have is average at best. Everything balances out.

In the end, we won because we finally realized Hightower had a messed up shoulder. We won, because our D was better than there offense. We won, because we are a more dicsplined team.

I am not drinking any kool-aid. I am being real. Could the Rams have won? Sure. Could the Cards have won? Sure. Could we have beaten Dallas? Sure. But all those have what ifs. In the end, the winning team won for a reason. I am not saying we are better than the Rams/Cards or worse than the Cowboys. I think too many games are left to determine who is better. But on those days, we won for a reason.

Archived