Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Eagles is going to test the Redskins greatest weakness. Scoring.

Destino

While the Eagles are a deeply flawed team that struggles to play defense and makes many mistakes there is one things they can do. They can score points. They have scored more points than their opponents allow on average in 4 of their 5 games this season. The only time they didn't do that was against Buffalo today where they equaled it.

The Redskins are a team that's enjoyed great success but they've struggle mightily in one category, scoring. The offenses highest scoring effort came in the 22 points put up against the Cardinals. The redskins have mostly scored LESS than the opponents allow on average. The only game in which they scored more was against the giants... and without Kerrigan's TD then that game would also had resulted in scoring less than the Giants have allowed on average. Defenses do score in the NFL however so the bottom line is this:

Eagles: Have never scored less than their opponents allow on average.

Redskins: Have scored more than their opponents allow once in four tries.

I don't think the Eagles will score LESS than the Redskins allow on average (15.8). I think the skins will need to score more than the Eagles normally allow (26.4) to win. The skins are the team that will have to break a trend to win.

I hope the offense is up to it because if the skins win they could be the only team in the NFC East with a winning record.

I think you are 100% right. Phily is one of the most potent offenses in the league. The skins will have to do what the Bills did today-force turnovers no matter how bazaar and be relatively safe with the ball. Oh and put up points like you said of course.

With Grossman....you never know. Honestly, I'm sweatin this next one.

If your scared, say your scared.....................I'm scared, the eagles are gonna be hungrey, real hungrey thery're 1 - 4 and they wanna get that turned around soon, real soon. The Skins are gonna have to be on their toes and do everything, I mean everything right next Sunday. They're rested but maaaaaan they better not go out there to ****y.

Your dead on there. Our offensive needs to get it together if we're gonna have any chance against the Eagles or any other team. The offensive offense will let our defense,whos carrying our team right now, down if we cant step it up and find more ways to score. Our offense has struggled for so long no matter the coach or coordinator. Hopefully the Shannys can work it out finally now that we have more than 1 play maker.

The key to this game will be gashing them with the run, Rex hitting the 3 and 5's with the pass when he must, and scoring TOUCHDOWNS instead of Field Goals when in the red zone.

The Redskins are going to need to have long clock killing drives to win this game, and the Defense is going to have to stop the Eagles from getting the big play. If the Redskins force them to play a game of attrition...we will win. If we have to play a game of big plays...no way.

The Eagles scare the crap out of me.

We've been winning despite our flaws.

The Eagles flaws are front an center, they've been playing terrible and yet they've been in every game.

The Eagles have 2 weak areas on defense: run defense and LBs

If Kyle can stick to the ground game its the best thing we can do on offense and it attacks their weakness.

If we attack through the air hopefully Davis and Cooley vs their LBs will be match-up we attack.

On defense we need to hit Mike Vick.

We need to hit Mike Vick.

We need to hit Mike Vick.

Then maybe we have a chance.

But, if Kyle focuses on trying to play pitch and catch w/ Grossman and the WRs.......its the wrong answer.

Have you watched any of the Eagles games? We are going to run the ball down their throats all day long. They cannot stop the run. The only reason They were even in the Buffalo game is because Buffalo stopped running the ball.

Philly closed down the run somewhat late in the game. I hope we do run the ball down their throats, but that's not the kind of game Kyle likes to call. And the Skins will have to slip tackles better than they do a lot of the time.

GOOD points, and I am sure that no matter what if the Redskins score more than Eagles they will win.
You just might be on to something there.:D I like that idea.:cheers:
Really?! Lol
Kind of a John Madden moment there, huh? :ols:

Just some great insight into the game there, you always try and score more than the other guy.

While the Eagles are a deeply flawed team that struggles to play defense and makes many mistakes there is one things they can do. They can score points. They have scored more points than their opponents allow on average in 4 of their 5 games this season. The only time they didn't do that was against Buffalo today where they equaled it.

The Redskins are a team that's enjoyed great success but they've struggle mightily in one category, scoring. The offenses highest scoring effort came in the 22 points put up against the Cardinals. The redskins have mostly scored LESS than the opponents allow on average. The only game in which they scored more was against the giants... and without Kerrigan's TD then that game would also had resulted in scoring less than the Giants have allowed on average. Defenses do score in the NFL however so the bottom line is this:

Eagles: Have never scored less than their opponents allow on average.

Redskins: Have scored more than their opponents allow once in four tries.

I don't think the Eagles will score LESS than the Redskins allow on average (15.8). I think the skins will need to score more than the Eagles normally allow (26.4) to win. The skins are the team that will have to break a trend to win.

I hope the offense is up to it because if the skins win they could be the only team in the NFC East with a winning record.

Your logic seems flawed. If I'm following you, your point is:

1). The Eagles, every game this year, have scored more points than their opponents usually give up.

2). So far this year, the Skins have usually given up 15.8.

3). Therefore, the Skins will have to score more than 26.4.

I was going to start a tread titled "Can the Redskins beat the Eagles if the Eagles don't eat themselves?" but this thread more or less hits on my points so I will post my thoughts here:

Bottom line, the Eagles have been bit unlucky thus far... At least offensively.

Now don't get me wrong, they are not as good as many (myself included) thought they would be. The offensive line and defense in general have problems hat aren't just going to go away. Even if they beat us Sunday I won't necessarily think it means they are back on track and ready to roll. They have legitimate issues, period.

But that offense does move the ball at ease. Ridiculous turnovers, missed field goals, etc have kept them from posting huge point totals, but as the OP points out, they are more or beating each defense they play.

The Eagles greatest strength (playmakers and team speed) is our greatest weakness. I think we match up real well with the more physical teams like the Giants, Steelers, etc and not so much against the smaller, faster teams like Philly.

My early gut feeling on this game is not a good one. Since the opener, our QB has been good for two turnovers per game; and honestly, given his career trends, there is little reason to expect this to change. It was ok to let our defense win the Rams game for us, but if we out their backs against the wall versus Philly, I don't think the outcome will be positive.

One week out, so my final prediction could change, but right now, I see the trends correcting themselves a bit and Philly gets a W.

Archived