Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Eagles is going to test the Redskins greatest weakness. Scoring.

Destino

Dear Rex,

Please play like this on Sunday:

I will be singing Eye of the Tiger all the way through as well.

Also, fun fact: Rex led the NFL that year (tied with Peyton Manning) for most games with a passer rating over 100. While this obviously contributes to Rex's reputation as inconsistent (bunch of horrible passer ratings as well), it's funny how the good part of the stat is never brought up, and never taken into account when judging Rex. Folks remember what they want to remember.

There's another factor of the Skins that may well be challenged, too.

Our ability to actually come up with the ball, when opposing players drop or throw it.

Let's face it: If the Skins had managed not to "refuse delivery" of every gift opposing teams have tried to give us, last 10 years, we'd be the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Now, it's the Rex Grossman game of the year...If Rex just takes what he's given, they will steadily move the ball into the redzone. They will win the possession game through the run game and short range passing.

I agree the Redskins defense as a unit is very underrated. But to your point..I just don't have faith in Rex..that's the problem. I like this team a lot and how they are improving, it's coming together and I love it...but Rex I'm afraid will be the downfall, I think they've won in spite of him. Love the defense, the young infusion...wish we had another big time receiver opposite Santana. Fred needs to have another career game.

I agree the Redskins defense as a unit is very underrated. But to your point..I just don't have faith in Rex..that's the problem. I like this team a lot and how they are improving, it's coming together and I love it...but Rex I'm afraid will be the downfall, I think they've won in spite of him. Love the defense, the young infusion...wish we had another big time receiver opposite Santana. Fred needs to have another career game.

I think this game is primed for a plan to rush and dump off just as it's worked for 4 others this year vs Philly. No reason to expect that the personnel that they have will improve dramatically enough to fix the problem in the middle of the field. They really need more experience and leadership at the LB'er spots. Rex has had some big games bro! I know we all kind of hold our breath when he drops back or gets pressure, but really it's no worse than half the other QB's and no better than the other half. We just hold our breath because we're true fans and have our worries. He's due for a good consistent performance against a weak team vs. what the Skins do best. This is prime for some payback and not a trap!

I think this game is primed for a plan to rush and dump off just as it's worked for 4 others this year vs Philly. No reason to expect that the personnel that they have will improve dramatically enough to fix the problem in the middle of the field. This is prime for some payback and not a trap!

I hope you are right fellow extemer! Hail. I'd love to see that happen. Hope Cooley finds those soft spots and picks them apart too. You are right..we are invested..and we worry. A win would be huge.

• 2 weeks later...
*SIGH* If the rams had played perfect football they wouldn't be the rams. In fact they would be the greatest team ever to play the game. Mistakes are part of the game and the team that makes less of them often wins.

Totally missed my point there cupcake... What I was trying to get at was that the Rams' miscues were all their fau7lt. The dropped passes were on the shoulders of crappy DB angles and blown coverages. Our D is tremendously sub par, and the sweeping majority of the plays agains us are void of a burgandy uniform making contact, at least for about 3 seconds.

Totally missed my point there cupcake... What I was trying to get at was that the Rams' miscues were all their fau7lt. The dropped passes were on the shoulders of crappy DB angles and blown coverages. Our D is tremendously sub par, and the sweeping majority of the plays agains us are void of a burgandy uniform making contact, at least for about 3 seconds.

I understood your point, sport... watch a football game from time to time and you'll see that mistakes are part of the game. Teams commit stupid penalties by themselves, fall down, drop passes, miss field goals, etc etc etc. The teams that very rarely do these things tend to be the better teams in the league So like I said, if the Rams never made mistakes they wouldn't be the Rams. The Redskins made a lot of mistakes as well.

I understood your point, sport... watch a football game from time to time and you'll see that mistakes are part of the game. Teams commit stupid penalties by themselves, fall down, drop passes, miss field goals, etc etc etc. The teams that very rarely do these things tend to be the better teams in the league So like I said, if the Rams never made mistakes they wouldn't be the Rams. The Redskins made a lot of mistakes as well.

Hey there bunnyfreckles........ your sig is stupid!!

Archived