Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rob ryan saying **** you to the redskins (unsubstantiated claim in title--MET)

bh32

Who cares? This is Redskins/Cowboys, its a rivalry
:applause:One of the youngest (if not the youngest) member in here.

I mean come on guys, do I really have to say it?

Sticks and stones...:)

I honestly love how both sides are getting this rivalry back on track.

I think the most damaging Cowboys mistake was saying we cheated, only to have NFL films debunk the notion. That will not bode well for them come November 20th.

As far as coaches flipping the bird to each other, I think that is as much a part of this rivalry as playing the game.

Like a few other posters have said, I think it's AWESOME! The greatest rivalry in the NFL (and possibly in all sports), is still alive and kicking!

Admit it.... we all pump our fists when we read this about one of our own:

"We're standing there for the national anthem. When it's over, Joe (Bugel) looks over to the other sideline at Ernie Stautner, who's the Cowboys defensive line coach. Joe yells over to him and flips him off."

-Joe Jacoby

I was gonna say all of this lol :yes:...Not bothered in the least, and in fact it put a smile on my face. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry is alive and well :yes:...

Speaking of classy.. Rex Grossman and a host of other Redskins players ran straight into the locker room before time had even expired without shaking hands.

You know what...good!

I want losses like this to piss this team off. I want them to be sick of being the wins that our divisional rivals accumulate or get to break slumps. It's time for the Redskins to realize that they can and should be a contender. Don't settle for moral victories just because you hung around on the road.

What do you guys think about Rob Ryan saying **** you redskins and flipping them the bird at the end of the game?

I would say par for the course! Sportsmanship and class don't seem to be high on the list of family traits when it comes to any of the Ryan's. They barely squeaked out a win at home when we played terrible, when we get them at FedEx and beat'em, I believe JH will have a lot more class than that. On the other hand, I kinda like this kind of stuff. I loved when their was a legitimate HATE between these two teams. That is one thing that made this rivalry great and has been missing for a long while now. Can you imagine Russ Grimm or Dexter Manley going over to their sidelines and hugging any of their players after a game? Bring on the the good ol' days when their was a real dislike for the other side. This is the stuff that results in the legendary "WE WANT DALLAS" moments! HTTR!

I definitely remember seeing Rob Ryan saying, "**** you" at our guys while they were getting off the field. I don't remember seeing the bird being flipped, though. It was a really quick shot like at the snap of the finger so I could of just missed that because I wasn't real focused at that time. I don't have DVR or else I'd go back and find a way to upload it.

I will tell ya what I think...I think him and his brother are all mouth. If he thinks they actually beat us haha. I think it was pretty clear to everyone else in the world that the skins beat themselves. We will see when its all said and done, and both fatboy mouth and jet mouth are at home watching the playoffs over a bowl of mommy's chunky beef vegtable.

You'd take the George Allen approach! :thumbsup:

You betcha' sweet ass I would. You'd be calling me George Jr. when all was said and done. :ols:

We have a crosstown rivalry here, and let me tell you, the things these teams say about each other leading up to the game are NOT nice :ols:

It's a major dislike.

But, at the same time, you have to teach the human side to sports, too.

One of our linebackers hit their QB and knocked him out cold. The kid was seriously hurt. As the ambulance came on the field to get him, the home team (our rival) gathered to pray. Our players saw that and ran over, took a knee next to them, and prayed with them. The uniforms were intermingled. They stood directly next to each other. They supported each other. It was an incredible experience. The kid is doing better now, I hear. But even when two teams who hate each other say nasty things about each other, it's always more about the rivalry than it is personal. When push comes to shove, the human element prevails.

Great story man, and real happy to hear the QB is recovering/ recovered OK.

And still waiting for actual proof from the OP. This thread is a complete failure without it.

Hail.

"Defense wins Championships."

Rob Ryan as a DC...

2004 Oakland Raiders: 5-11

2005 Oakland Raiders: 4-12

2006 Oakland Raiders: 2-14

2007 Oakland Raiders: 4-12

2008 Oakland Raiders: 5-11

2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11

2010 Cleveland Browns: 5-11

2011 Dallas Cowboys: 2-1

Total: 32-83

Yeah, he can talk all the **** he wants... :ols:

Rob Ryan as a DC...

2004 Oakland Raiders: 5-11

2005 Oakland Raiders: 4-12

2006 Oakland Raiders: 2-14

2007 Oakland Raiders: 4-12

2008 Oakland Raiders: 5-11

2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11

2010 Cleveland Browns: 5-11

2011 Dallas Cowboys: 2-1

lmao.. what an awesome record. i dont care what he says, every player and coach on every team say stuff like that all the time.. but just looking at his record makes me laugh

If in fact it is true.I could care less. Just shows how classy him and his entire family is.

Last preseason,his fatter(if possible) brother said "Redskins,**** them."during a team meeting that was highlighted on Hard Knocks.

No big deal. Coaches talk smack,players talk smack,fans talk even more smack.

The best way for the team to answer is to do it on the field the next time we play them. Give Rob Ryan a big middle finger on the score board.

That was actually Mike Westhoff, the special teams coach.

Rob Ryan as a DC... (NFL Total Defense Ranking, per nfl.com)

2004 Oakland Raiders: 5-11 (30)

2005 Oakland Raiders: 4-12 (27)

2006 Oakland Raiders: 2-14 (3)

2007 Oakland Raiders: 4-12 (22)

2008 Oakland Raiders: 5-11 (27)

2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11 (31)

2010 Cleveland Browns: 5-11 (22)

2011 Dallas Cowboys: 2-1 (5 so far...)

Team records are one thing but team overall defense ranking is something different.

Archived