Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rob ryan saying **** you to the redskins (unsubstantiated claim in title--MET)

bh32

I did notice.. had several ladies keep asking 'who is this santa claus lookin guy?'... They did air him on TV a whole lot.. enough for people to notice, obviously.

My dad, who isn't that familiar with football, kept laughing and calling him Kenny Rogers everytime he came on the screen.

I honestly love how both sides are getting this rivalry back on track.

I think the most damaging Cowboys mistake was saying we cheated, only to have NFL films debunk the notion. That will not bode well for them come November 20th.

As far as coaches flipping the bird to each other, I think that is as much a part of this rivalry as playing the game.

Not sure why any of us care about this... Not sure why Cowpuke fans think London Fletcher was classless for saying "This is our house!" when trying to pump up his team, either. It's for the benefit of their team, or their belief of a benefit to their team.

Ya' know I'd love to think if I was involved with the team at that level I'd be as dignified as Coach Gibbs or Coach Landry, God rest, was. But something tells me twice a year I'd be getting in trouble from the league for something I'd say about the 'Girls. It's human nature when emotions are running so high. Zero problem here if lard ass said that.

You'd take the George Allen approach! :thumbsup:

If in fact it is true.I could care less. Just shows how classy him and his entire family is.

Last preseason,his fatter(if possible) brother said "Redskins,**** them."during a team meeting that was highlighted on Hard Knocks.

No big deal. Coaches talk smack,players talk smack,fans talk even more smack.

The best way for the team to answer is to do it on the field the next time we play them. Give Rob Ryan a big middle finger on the score board.

Ya' know I'd love to think if I was involved with the team at that level I'd be as dignified as Coach Gibbs or Coach Landry, God rest, was. But something tells me twice a year I'd be getting in trouble from the league for something I'd say about the 'Girls. It's human nature when emotions are running so high. Zero problem here if lard ass said that.

We have a crosstown rivalry here, and let me tell you, the things these teams say about each other leading up to the game are NOT nice :ols:

It's a major dislike.

But, at the same time, you have to teach the human side to sports, too.

One of our linebackers hit their QB and knocked him out cold. The kid was seriously hurt. As the ambulance came on the field to get him, the home team (our rival) gathered to pray. Our players saw that and ran over, took a knee next to them, and prayed with them. The uniforms were intermingled. They stood directly next to each other. They supported each other. It was an incredible experience. The kid is doing better now, I hear. But even when two teams who hate each other say nasty things about each other, it's always more about the rivalry than it is personal. When push comes to shove, the human element prevails.

So we are going to give the fat @$$ a pass because he is Buddy Ryans son? The guy is a terrible DC and isn't even in the same league as his Dad or Brother. He is just a loud mouth that fits right in with a bunch Cowpies in Dallas. The next time we play them we will light them up and he won't be doing anything like that again.

Like a few other posters have said, I think it's AWESOME! The greatest rivalry in the NFL (and possibly in all sports), is still alive and kicking!

Admit it.... we all pump our fists when we read this about one of our own:

"We're standing there for the national anthem. When it's over, Joe (Bugel) looks over to the other sideline at Ernie Stautner, who's the Cowboys defensive line coach. Joe yells over to him and flips him off."

-Joe Jacoby

Link or pic up yet?

I would think if the evidence is provided that this would be a fine coming from a coach, but really why would anyone expect anything else from this guy. He is a slob on and off camera.

Why a fine? For living the rivalry? Didn't Bugel call over to the Cowboys DL coach years ago and flip him the bird prior to a game?

EDIT: Khun posted that EXACT event above. Nice. :ols:

There are numerous examples of the league fining players, coaches - even an owner for flipping the bird. Vick, some coach for the Titans and the owner of the Titans off the top off my head.

Players also aren't allowed to hit the QBs low or high anymore, or the WRs while they're making a catch. We don't even have kickoff returns anymore, for the love of god.

This is a insult to football fans in my opinion.

Bascially, just because the league decides to take action doesn't make it any less laughable.

Since when did free speech become a four letter word anyway? The things said about Tony Romo sits to pee on Monday Night were far more offensive to me than profanity, anyways. :D

The rivalry could use some pumping up. But until I see proof, it didn't happen.

I agree with both points.

I saw him celebrating after his D forced a fumble to clinch the game. He's animated and it annoys me, but probably just because we lost. I would like to see or hear proof that this happened.

If it did, I think it could help pump some more life into this rivalry. After the late-1990s and early-2000s, the past 5-6 years have brought a renewed spirit to the Cowboy games. We stole a few from them and laid a couple big beatings on them in the 2005-2007 seasons. Since then, they've generally had our number. The world is a better place when the teams don't like each other and both are playing for something. It's just gravy that one of the characters breathing life into the rivalry is Buddy's son. I hated his dad and I'm perfectly fine with having to hate Junior too.

Archived