Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Romo Won't Play Monday Night...

tr1

With his his goddamn hat on backwards. Can someone please tell him he's not a hip-hopster, a 16 year old wanna be or a major league baseball starting catcher? That hat on backwards irritates me more than anything about him. Wear the damn hat RIGHT! The brim goes in the front.

You'll get along great with this guy!

funny-sun-shade-backwards-hat-hand-540x648.jpg

There's a difference between being a rival, and being obsessed. You're obsessed. You post more about the Cowboys than you do the Redskins. Negative things, of course, so that's all well and good. But come on. You'd rather find every little news story about the Cowboys and talk that to death, than talk about anything related to Redskins football.

It's really not much fun preaching to the choir.

;)

BTW, if your displeased with my 'obsession', just skip the thread.

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 11:46 AM ----------

I'm thinking the only reason Romo sits to pee went in during the second half was because of Dez's weak-ass failure to play with a bruised thigh. I'm sure there was a lot of talk around puke-park about Dez's failure to get on the field.

This whole episode has taken the spotlight off a guy who has not completed a full season, yet some regard as HOF material.

Dear lordie...

if he doesnt play, then kudos to his comeback effort against the 9ers. if he DOES play, I'm calling BS on the whole injury thing as some PR stunt to fix his choking rep & restore his leadership/confidence on the field.

If he doesn't play and the Redskins win, then him going back into the game last week would have been a huge mistake in the long run...especially if, as is now being speculated, Romo sits to pee didn't puncture his lung until after he went back in.

if he doesnt play, then kudos to his comeback effort against the 9ers. if he DOES play, I'm calling BS on the whole injury thing as some PR stunt to fix his choking rep & restore his leadership/confidence on the field.

How does needing to have your entire organization lie about a fake or over-exaggerated injury to cover for your failures HELP your confidence? Come on, man. That's not logical at all.

How does needing to have your entire organization lie about a fake or over-exaggerated injury to cover for your failures HELP your confidence? Come on, man. That's not logical at all.

Well. He WAS a goat. NOW hes a hero. Remember when Schilling came out and pitched with the 'bloody' sock? Sometimes they hype these things up. I dont have the facts, but if he does play, then I'm calling BS on the diagnosis of cracked ribs/punctured lung. Wouldnt surprise me if it was just a bruise of some sort.

It doesn't restore your confidence but it does restore confidence in you from others. But if he did in fact puncture a lung as a result of the cracked ribs it would astound me if he was able to play. It goes beyond whether he can stand the pain or not. It's a health issue. Ribs aren't an injury you can wrap so that the crack doesn't go into the lungs again. You can't prevent it from occuring again until it's healed. You just have to put the flak jacket on and hope for the best. I just have real hard time believing the Cowboys would be willing to risk that. Especially since their backup performed pretty well last year.

Well. He WAS a goat. NOW hes a hero. Remember when Schilling came out and pitched with the 'bloody' sock? Sometimes they hype these things up. I dont have the facts, but if he does play, then I'm calling BS on the diagnosis of cracked ribs/punctured lung. Wouldnt surprise me if it was just a bruise of some sort.

I'm just saying, if Romo sits to pee knows that all this was bull****...I'm not seeing how that helps his confidence, no matter what public perception might be.

This is getting way too close to some Arsenic tin-foil hat conspiracy **** for me.

I'm just saying, if Romo sits to pee knows that all this was bull****...I'm not seeing how that helps his confidence, no matter what public perception might be.

This is getting way too close to some Arsenic tin-foil hat conspiracy **** for me.

Not his confidence, his team's confidence in him. There is nothing that helps improve a tattered 'leadership' image more than 'sacrificing' yourself for the team. As I said, it's simple really, if he doesnt play then I'll believe the medical story, if he does play then I'm calling bull **** on it.

Not his confidence, his team's confidence in him. There is nothing that helps improve a tattered 'leadership' image more than 'sacrificing' yourself for the team. As I said, it's simple really, if he doesnt play then I'll believe the medical story, if he does play then I'm calling bull **** on it.

Fair enough. I really don't think he'll play, but you could be right.

And if your team needs a confidence injection THAT badly that you'd cook this up, week 2 of the season, when Romo sits to pee's been you "leader" (ha!) for a bunch of years now...there are much worse things going on in your locker room.

I know it's difficult for you not to take personal shots at me, but do try to stay on topic.

;)

I only wish you could understand the rivalry, alas, casual fans just don't.

I'm going out on a limb and stating that I've commented on 20 times the number of Redskins-related threads than you have. Granted, I don't have 25,000-Cowboy related posts so you win there.

I love Tr1 (platonically of course) and will defend him to the end. His constant Cowboys bashing is really one the best parts of this site. And I also agree generally with his proposition that it would be a real mistake for the Cowboys to start Romo sits to pee. I think they know that. They will be limiting their game plan by starting him, which they know as well. They'll need to keep blockers in; they'll be hesitate to have him execute 5 or 7 step drops, and with Orakpo, Kerrigan and Landry blitzing, they know that one good hit, and Romo sits to pee could be in bad shape. It's too early in the season for them to risk their franchise QB that way. If it were a playoff game, he'd probably start. Probably, not definitely. This is the third game of the season, and although it's a division game, they will have plenty of time to gain back ground if they drop one at home. This is all a smoke screen--no way he starts on Monday. I'm sure we are preparing to face Kitna, who is a very serviceable backup.

Watching "Inside the NFL", they showed a clip after Romo sits to pee's interview of how painful it was (or looked) for him to get out of the chair. It wasn't televised during the segment, but added later after a producer noted it and decided it was comment-worthy. He looked pretty bad. He also gave a classy interview.

As for other topics being discussed in here, I will refer people to the sticky thread at the top if that helps at all. Over the years I have written at fair length in ATN on these dynamics, trying to be fair to everyone and serve the site on a "what's best for the most" basis, under our rules and guidelines. I will note that discussing a poster's "style" or persona can be fair game when done properly.

It's been my experience that even veteran members are not always clear on what is and isn't within the parameters of our guidelines and that's ok. That's why there are mods, flaws and all. It has also been my experience that even veteran members do not always have the same perceptions of "what goes on here" on various matters, or possession of actual facts, as I or other staff might have, and that's ok too.

I advocate being mindful that you don't have to engage in conversations with any poster on ES. It's always your choice. I certainly find people here who, to me, offer nothing positive in discussion on virtually any topic. So I just ignore them. But I understand that most of us feel some investment in the site and so are moved at times to comment on matters of the site in general, like the overall nature or repetitive characteristics of a member's posting history. Just keep it within the rules and avoid over-extending off-topic distractions. :)

The rivalry is a big deal to me and though I have actually known my share of ok cowboy fans (and we have some solid cowboy fan posters here) it hurts to admit it, and for this week all I really care about is "**** dallas" and hope we make them suffer (not injury-wise, just every other possible way). :D

Archived