Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Romo Won't Play Monday Night...

tr1

I love how some reports are saying he played with a collapsed lung.

This is 100% false. If he had a collapsed lung, it would have showed up on xray. He would have been complaining about shortness of breath.

It was a small puncture. Only showed up on CT when he got back to Dallas. Can he play? Sure. If it's a small puncture, he'll barely have any symptoms other than those of the fractured rib. He doesn't need a chest tube. He doesn't need any intervention at all. But, I doubt he'll play. They'll want the tissue to heal. It isn't just about enduring the pain.

He didn't play with the collapsed lung but suffered a slight one after the game....the puncture caused a pnuemothorax (air trapped between chest wall and lung)....I just heard he was being fitted with a kevlar vest to protect him...omg if he plays he's gonna get hit...often and hard....HTTR

---------- Post added September-22nd-2011 at 08:53 AM ----------

Does it really matter? You guys are facing Rex Grossman anyway.

He's a turnover machine. Dallas should win by 20 no problem. ;)

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!! JOIN THE "**** IT I'M GOING DEEP CLUB" REX WILL UNLEASH THE DRAGON....lol...go REX....HTTR SKINS 24 - COWGIRLS 10

With his his goddamn hat on backwards. Can someone please tell him he's not a hip-hopster, a 16 year old wanna be or a major league baseball starting catcher? That hat on backwards irritates me more than anything about him. Wear the damn hat RIGHT! The brim goes in the front.
Bugs me too, man. So does the idiot that wears it ****ed to the side. And if you wear a hat with the sticker still on it. you are a ****ing moron. Period.

Bugs me too, man. So does the idiot that wears it ****ed to the side. And if you wear a hat with the sticker still on it. you are a ****ing moron. Period.

Not sure why you would care????? Seriously. If Tony Romo sits to pee or some 20 year-old kid wants to wear a hat crooked, with stickers, without stickers, upside down, inside out...or whaterver....why would you care???? Don't you have better things to do than judge other people?

Grow up, dude. You live your life. Let other people live theirs.

Somewhere, out there, there is some '****ing moron, as you called him, making fun of you for having a handle called 'Bubble Screen'. Let it go.

The Romo sits to pee injury is overshadowing the other injuries that could effect the QB more than the QB himself, Kitna or Romo sits to pee are going to play behind a sieve.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=93483E29-EF0B-1CA5-62E87F4C8A12F56B

Now that means rookie Bill Nagy, who was out last week with a neck injury, will have a chance to start and don't be surprised if rookie fourth-round pick David Arkin gets a few reps at guard this week as well. And whoever starts at left guard will probably have a rookie to his right as undrafted free agent Kevin Kowalski is getting ready to start in place of Phil Costa, whose sprained MCL injury could make him a game-time decision.

Then you've got starting receivers Miles Austin (hamstring) and Dez Bryant (thigh bruise) not practicing on Thursday as well as Felix Jones, who was held out with a dislocated shoulder. Even tight end Jason Witten is banged up with bruised ribs.

I have no idea how, or why, the Cowboys are favored by six when you consider the injury situation. I fully expect this one to be a really difficult game for Dallas and one that we just might lose.

The Cowboys will lose this one. I'm trying to take a step back and look at this without the burgundy shades on when making this prediction. Looking at injuries and how the two teams have played, the only thing that gives the Cowboys an upper-hand right now is home-field advantage. Every other category goes to the Skins at this point.

Redskins 24 Cowboys 13

I do not doubt for one second Tony Turnover will NOT play it's MNF- everybody will be watching,it's their home opener and it's REDSKINS vs Cowturds.

something seems to be missing from your logic here.

He's going to do his damndest to play, no doubt, for all of the above reasons. It all comes down to how great the risk is of further aggravating the injury, and whether he can move and throw at, say, 75% or above. Based on that video of him trying to get out of the chair, it's hard to see him playing, and I suspect what we're hearing today is some misinformation, to be followed up with him going through walkthroughs and "looking better than expected" Sat/Sun, gametime decision, and a late scratch following warmups on Monday.

How does a "punctured lung" fully heal in 4 days (breaking news on ESPN)? According to a couple sites I have checked out, minimum healing time is usually around 8 weeks....in the best of conditions....I call BS and its very aggravating to hear ESPN and others call Romo sits to pee a "warrior". Something fishy here....

Well we get 3 points for being at home and the other 3 points because Vegas odds are completely retarded sometimes.

You also have to factor in -

1) Home opener

2) Cowboys are desperate with their upcoming schedule. Lose on MNF and 1-4 is likely.

3) Redskins record in prime-time, especially MNF.

You also have to factor in -

1) Home opener

2) Cowboys are desperate with their upcoming schedule. Lose on MNF and 1-4 is likely.

3) Redskins record in prime-time, especially MNF.

Not to mention, it's not necessarily a prediction. They put the line where it needs to be to get equal betting on both sides, with the goal of getting it exactly equal.

Jason Garrett just had a press conference and NFL network carried it. Garrett sounded pretty mum on the situation. He didn't really say anything conclusive either way, but you'd think if there was hope for Romo sits to pee playing it would have been expressed a little bit.

It was mostly that Romo sits to pee can't just say he is ok to play, he has to actually show that he can function as a QB. And part of that is being able to take a hit and get back up.

To me it sounds like it is about 60-40 that he sits.

Archived