Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You people irritate me. Front page threads.

Art

All that aside, Art, Reed Doughty really isn't very good on defense.

However, the silver lining is that our front seven were SO good that we were able to have a terrific game defensively, despite ol' Deaf 'n Slow being forced into action.

(Which is not forgotten. He's a backup, and as far as backups go, he's not bad. Good special teamer most of the time. Had a good ST tackle today.)

The positive vibes are here. But those of us (I say confidently) that have those thoughts of glory aren't spamming the board with them, since you made us such a nice thread here.

So, take your own advice, mi amigo. Enjoy the win. The kids will squawk, but we know.

Pour that brandy, and light that cigar.

~Bang

The Redskins just beat a division rival in a great home win for us.

It was imperfect, but, rather than starting threads complimenting the defense, calling out Davis for his excellence, thanking Cooley for showing up or really, fixating on the numerous positives, there are threads questioning whether Hightower underperformed, a get rid of Reed thread and a slam on Williams.

People.

Smile.

It's ok to.

There will be darker days. Don't put the clouds up in front of the sun for no reason.

We won.

Go yeah.

Try it.

You'll enjoy it.

Your 90,000 posts beg you to take your own advice. Enjoy the W.

This is how a mod, hell any user, should reply, not some ignorant tirade calling people idiots. Try posting this in the Doughty thread to spark some real discussion instead of complaining. I watched Doughty the entire second half and he was the initial player in on a tackle maybe twice, neither coming in a critical situation.

How is this even possible when the boxscore indicates he had 11 tackles total, 9 of which were solo?

Uh. Obviously, I am.

And, THIS is the first post that made me nearly hit ban. Just cause it's so worthless :).

Just because you have the hammer doesn't mean you need to use it. With great power, comes great restraint. Truth be told your thread was adversarial and you were looking for a huckleberry. You should be better than this. ONCE again, the teams that win look for areas of improvement.

Just because you have the hammer doesn't mean you need to use it. With great power, comes great restraint. Truth be told your thread was adversarial and you were looking for a huckleberry. You should be better than this. ONCE again, the teams that win look for areas of improvement.

Let's not break out Spiderman quotes. I didn't say I banned him. In fact, I rarely ban. I far prefer taunting.

We will look to improve everything we do for the rest of our time in the NFL. I am greatly fortunate nothing I'm speaking about has a single bit to do with that reality.

Let's not break out Spiderman quotes. I didn't say I banned him. In fact, I rarely ban. I far prefer taunting.

We will look to improve everything we do for the rest of our time in the NFL. I am greatly fortunate nothing I'm speaking about has a single bit to do with that reality.

You missed the Tombstone reference...Still a great day, we won by 14 despite terrible OL and safety play and the Cowboys lost. I don't smoke but if you do...put that in your pipe and smoke it.

HTTR!

AND the Cowboys lost. WOOOOOOOOOO. Not that any of them were really inexcusable drops, but I love our receiving corps and if they hadn't dropped a few today, Grossman's statline would have been insane. Moss, Armstrong, Gaffney and Davis are DIRTY. The Giants defensive line is always damn good (even with the injuries) so I'm thinking our run blocking will improve. Hopefully Trent Williams can get healthy asap because Ware looked scary (as usual) tonight. I'm so pumped - we not only won, but we put the game away in the 4th quarter and looked dominant for an entire half, while play even up ball for the rest of the game. Probably the best football I've ever seen from the Skins.

I think people are so used to the "rosie" outlook being destroyed even when up 6-2 on the season that we can't be comfortable with a solid win.

I agree with the OP. Just smile. We WON baby! Punched the G Men in the gut and proved to the world that we aren't the punching bags that they were expecting us to be.

We won in a solid fashion. I can't remember the last time we won in that way. Usually we eek one out, and then our losses are blow outs. This is a new day people. Be content, sleep well, and know that the Skins won a SOLID game today!

How is this even possible when the boxscore indicates he had 11 tackles total, 9 of which were solo?

Did you watch the 1st half? :doh:

What good is a tackle when the person you're responsible for is open 90% of the time. Yes he tackled him, I mean the guy does play defense in the NFL, that should be a given. Doughty apologist are grasping at straws. Show me a Reed Doughty highlight, and i'll show you 5 lowlights. Not every backup in the league sucks. Hell, none of the backups on ON OUR TEAM suck as much as Doughty. You rarely see Barnes or Westbrook give up plays at the rate Doughty does.

I have to agree with Art . Coming onto the board you would have thought we lost 54-0 or that we somehow lucked into a win . The defense dominated in the second half of the game ... the offensive line had its issues but was far from terrible, they struggled making lanes for Hightower and their were a few bad breakdowns in the passing game, BUT ...we are not going to see the 91 hogs again but there was a good number of plays where Rex had all the time he needed and the pocket was solid at key moments ....

Thing is I know there are a good number of regular posters who have been prolific in recent times of woe but wont come up and say good game or well played when our team actually looked good . Thats pretty bad . But then there are also people who following the win will only find negative things to talk about win or loose and it that is depressing .

Sure there is the discussion to be had how we get better from here but that debate should be a little more constructive than a call out for a bunch of players to be benched or cut in a knee jerk reactions 5 minutes after the game ...yeah good teams look for ways to get better ... but fans of good teams tend to be supportive and passionate about their teams ...

Thanks Art for this thread .... ES is more and more frustrating .... especially after a win ...

Archived