Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You people irritate me. Front page threads.

Art

Did you watch the 1st half? :doh:

Yes, yes I did.

What good is a tackle when the person you're responsible for is open 90% of the time.

What good is tackling a person? Its better than the alternative, which i've seen of plenty of Redskin defenders do time after time in the past.

Yes he tackled him, I mean the guy does play defense in the NFL, that should be a given. Doughty apologist are grasping at straws. Show me a Reed Doughty highlight, and i'll show you 5 lowlights. Not every backup in the league sucks. Hell, none of the backups on ON OUR TEAM suck as much as Doughty. You rarely see Barnes or Westbrook give up plays at the rate Doughty does.

Again, I think here lies the problem with most Redskins fans. The guy didn't have any highlights. He's not a superstar NFL player! How many have to say this before it sinks into peoples' heads. He went in as a backup, made some mistakes, but ultimately did his job. How do I know he did his job, because he's got more tackles than anybody else on the team. Its really not even close. Now unless the guys keeping score simply felt bad for the "slow, dumb, deaf white guy" (as some you prefer to call him), then ultimately he did his job as a backup, he screwed up like a backup occasionally does, and ultimately the Skins won the game. And in no way can the win be directly attributed to RD, nor if we had lost could it have been directly attributed to him either, every one on the entire team had their moments, both good and bad.

As per my original question which you ignored to answer. Unless you happened to see the only 2 tackles RD made where he wasn't the solo tackler, than your previous statement was a result of you either exaggerating/overreacting, or you're simply talking out of your ass, and I simply wanted to know which one it was.

I'll admit I was frustrated at the beginning of the game but calmed down through-out the game. From my perspective I want us to just kick the **** out of our opponents. A bit over emotional but wtf I'm a life long redskin fan.

I think it was more about those who went out of their way to start negative threads after a good and pretty complete win. Everyone gets the heat of the moment explective. I think Art just wanted a little more Hail to the Redskins versus Hell with the Redskins after a solid victory.

Yes, yes I did.

What good is tackling a person? Its better than the alternative, which i've seen of plenty of Redskin defenders do time after time in the past.

Again, I think here lies the problem with most Redskins fans. The guy didn't have any highlights. He's not a superstar NFL player! How many have to say this before it sinks into peoples' heads. He went in as a backup, made some mistakes, but ultimately did his job. How do I know he did his job, because he's got more tackles than anybody else on the team. Its really not even close. Now unless the guys keeping score simply felt bad for the "slow, dumb, deaf white guy" (as some you prefer to call him), then ultimately he did his job as a backup, he screwed up like a backup occasionally does, and ultimately the Skins won the game. And in no way can the win be directly attributed to RD, nor if we had lost could it have been directly attributed to him either, every one on the entire team had their moments, both good and bad.

As per my original question which you ignored to answer. Unless you happened to see the only 2 tackles RD made where he wasn't the solo tackler, than your previous statement was a result of you either exaggerating/overreacting, or you're simply talking out of your ass, and I simply wanted to know which one it was.

I can DIRECTLY atrribute both Giants TD scores to Reed Doughty. He lost contain on 1 and lost his ankles on another.

So you're going to completely ignore his actual gameplay and just rely on the stat sheet to tell you how "good" of a game he had? Cmon man, you're the one talking out your a**...

Like I stated earlier I watched Reed Doughty the entire second half in hopes that he would make a play. He did not, but to his credit he didn't look like a boy among men like he usually does. I have to believe the Haslett made some half time adjustments because Doughty hung around the LOS alot more then the 1st half. A quiet 2nd half doesn't negate rediculously a bad 1st half.

Name another back-up on this team that gets abused as much as Doughty? Did you see Barnes or Westbrook getting whipped because they dont start? How bout Nield or Keyaron Fox? HB Blades is the closest guy we had in terms of absolute suckage and he's no longer on the team. This isn't a case of me bashing a player due to one bad game. Doughty was terrible in 2007, 2008, 2010, terrible in this years pre-season, and terrible in the 1st game of 2011. Notice a pattern?

To say a backup player cant have highlights is foolish. Horton had a few highlights when he played for us. Kareem Moore has a had a few highlights, even Dejon Gomes has a a few preseaon highlights. Doughty doesn't even shine against backups. I would love for Reed to get his act together, but as of right now he's BY FAR our weakest link on defense, backups included.

I'm with Art. It feels like it's so long since we had a convincing win against a good opponent that I was really looking forward to the board's reaction. I didn't expect 100% positive posts, but was hoping the negative ones would at least be more constructive. Maybe it's because we've been teased too much over these last number of years. I know I was a little more subdued than normal after yesterday's win, but I definitely enjoyed it. They've had our number way too long.

How about at least taking your "I'm gonna **** about Doughty, dammit!" show to the right thread? That way it's easier for me to ignore you.

I'm sure there's an ignore button somewhere, good luck finding it.

I'm simply responding to people attacking my opinion, not to mention this thread was made with me in mind.

Lets get back to complaining about what others do on a messageboard!

I'm sure there's an ignore button somewhere, good luck finding it.

I'm simply responding to people attacking my opinion, not to mention this thread was made with me in mind.

Lets get back to complaining about what others do on a messageboard!

Wouldn't it be more enjoyable posting in a thread where people won't attack your opinion? Which wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have posted in a thread that was meant to be ****ing happy about a win and not look at all of the negatives.

It's actually real easy to find. Click on the person's name you want to ignore and select Ignore This Member.

this "we won so how dare you criticize anything they did" mentality is utterly ridiculous.

it's as equally dumb as "we lost so not a single part of the team could have played well"

it's one game, and if you are going to jump on the don't say anything negative about my team, regardless of how true it might be bandwagon, then i feel bad for you. it must suck being so naive.

lighten up. one can criticize something while being happy with the end result. the running game did suck. the offensive line did not play well. grossman looked good, but was by no means great; hell he even showed us a flash of the stuff that gave him his reputation as a turnover machine.

all that said the team played well, and actually played with a lead. tons to be happy about. just don't get carried away, and lets not berate people who want to also discuss the points of criticism...

Wouldn't it be more enjoyable posting in a thread where people won't attack your opinion? Which wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have posted in a thread that was meant to be ****ing happy about a win and not look at all of the negatives.

It's actually real easy to find. Click on the person's name you want to ignore and select Ignore This Member.

I hate to keep responding, but I'm pretty bored at work...

This isn't a thread that was meant to be happy. This is a thread complaining about complaining. Huge difference.

Ok, but you must also know it's possible to say 'Great!" We won, I'm delighted!!! But Trent Williams really needs to pick it up if he doesn't want to get Grossman killed at some point this season. He needs to at least get out of his stance every now and then in order to block someone'.

When people are idiots, they require someone to remind them it's ok not to be.

So true.

I'm glad you can because I don't want to go on an extended Vacation for reminding them. :D

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 07:58 AM ----------

Wouldn't it be more enjoyable posting in a thread where people won't attack your opinion?
Yes especially if that opinion does not have people rethinking the there are no stupid people just posts mantra :)

Ok, but you must also know it's possible to say 'Great!" We won, I'm delighted!!! But Trent Williams really needs to pick it up if he doesn't want to get Grossman killed at some point this season. He needs to at least get out of his stance every now and then in order to block someone'.

I've done some serious post whoring since last night and 95% of my posts are congratulating players.

Don't get it confused, I'm PROUD to be Redskins Fan. Throughout my entire fanhood (Skins won an Sb when I was 6, can't remember) I've been rooting for a bad squad regardless. You have any idea how hard it is growing up a skins fan surrounded by idiot cowboy fans? My loyalty to this team can not be questioned. I bleed burgany and gold.

LOL! Again, people are calling me an idiot. Please point out my idiotic statements. The slurp is strong in this thread.

I'm happy; I'm smiling - the Washington Redskins BEAT a Division rival and a not so long ago Superbowl Champion. This team is a work in progress, Shanny seems to have gotten the team focused - AND, how many times in the past years have players actually voted NO for Victory "Day OFF" Monday? This team voted NO.......... and they are in the "House" preparing for next week. Perfect, NO - Better, YES. There is NO perfect team in the NFL; even the Patriots got "you know who" :)

What's not to enjoy? Happy Monday and week EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was imperfect, but, rather than starting threads complimenting the defense, calling out Davis for his excellence, thanking Cooley for showing up or really, fixating on the numerous positives, there are threads questioning whether Hightower underperformed, a get rid of Reed thread and a slam on Williams.

It was a great win for us. I am happy that to get that Giant monkey off our back. Davis looked great. I personally do not consider Cooley playing a big positive. I would have much rather seen him sit. His play was avg at best. He seemed to lack the ability to seperate and he did not block well but I guess it was good to see him play.

But lets not be blind to facts. If the Giants were not as beat up as they were and we played at this level the outcome could have been very different. The Giants were missing key pieces. They are not the same team that has owned us in the recent past. All that said we are not the same team either. There were enough positives for us to get a win but there were also a lot of glaring negatives which a better team could have exploited.

Hightower played well enough to get it done but he was far from perfect and IMHO not as explosive as I would have liked to see against a beat up Giants front 7. Overall his stats were good but I personally expected more from him.

Doughty was horrible. His play in the first showed everyone left on the schedule how to expose him in coverage not that they didn't already know how to do that. I give the coaching staff a lot of credit for protecting him in the second half. What pisses me off more than Doughty's poor play is that Landry can't get his sorry ass healthy enough to get on the field. Reed deserves to be called out. He did not play well and without the adjustments by Hasslett his poor play could have single handedly cost us the game.

Williams is lucky that Tuck did not play. Williams was schooled several times. His footwork was terrible. He simply looked stiff. There is nothing fluid about his play. He was consistently beat out to the outside and he knew it. It got so bad he over compensated and whiffed on an outside/inside move which IIRC resulted in a sack. He is not showing progress and IMHO not showing the level of consistency we have every right to demand considering his draft position, his pay and the importance of the LT spot.

Again we as fans are allowed to voice our pleasure or displeasure with the teams performance. As others have pointed out this is a message board and we are here to talk about the team and not everything even after a great win like yesterdays is going to be positive.

When people are idiots, they require someone to remind them it's ok not to be.

IMHO this also applies to you.... LOL I think a lot of the issues being brought up are spot on and if they are not addressed they will be exposed leaving us with Ls instead of Ws.

this "we won so how dare you criticize anything they did" mentality is utterly ridiculous.

it's as equally dumb as "we lost so not a single part of the team could have played well"

it's one game, and if you are going to jump on the don't say anything negative about my team, regardless of how true it might be bandwagon, then i feel bad for you. it must suck being so naive.

lighten up. one can criticize something while being happy with the end result. the running game did suck. the offensive line did not play well. grossman looked good, but was by no means great; hell he even showed us a flash of the stuff that gave him his reputation as a turnover machine.

all that said the team played well, and actually played with a lead. tons to be happy about. just don't get carried away, and lets not berate people who want to also discuss the points of criticism...

Again, this is one of the pointless moronic responses that say something not at all contained here.

No one has remotely suggested that because we won, every element of the team played well and is above improvement. In fact, one shared common position we all have is that in every win and every loss some element of the team can play in a superior fashion to what it just produced. This thread was a reminder that for a bad team that had been handled by the opponent like rag dolls for three years, that it is ok to just let out a little yelp of joy and enjoy the moment, because we are a team that has precious few moments to enjoy. That you entirely missed the point to be critical of a point no one made likely reflects you have nothing actually to contribute, yet, like Fred, could find no way to keep your mouth shut.

Try the latter in the future when a concept surpasses your understanding. It'll be better for both of us.

Again, this is one of the pointless moronic responses that say something not at all contained here....................................... That you entirely missed the point to be critical of a point no one made likely reflects you have nothing actually to contribute, yet, like Fred, could find no way to keep your mouth shut.

Try the latter in the future when a concept surpasses your understanding. It'll be better for both of us.

I just luvvit when Art gets all sensitive and poetic :ols:

Archived