Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game ball...turd ball

OxonHillSkinsFan89

Everyone on team pretty much gets game ball except Doughty, Trent (Gano squeezes in with solid Kick-offs, and most of the WR's made up for their drops)

Turds clearly to Doughty and Trent. Doughty is obviously not a starter in this league. Trent's play is disturbing, makes me think we may haveto start looking in the draft for a new LT

Gameballs:

Grossman

Hightower(paced us early, and his tackle on the DT who recovered the fumble saved a TD)

Moss

Gaffney

Armstrong

Davis

Kerrigan

Nield

Orakpo(no sacks but he blocked the FG)

Fletcher

Rocca(great punts, won the field position battle there)

Turds:

Entire OL

Doughty

Gano

Guys, Doughty isn't a good backup. He belongs on special teams. I keep seeing he isn't a starter but we know that. Its obvious the guy isn't a starter but he isn't a good backup. The Giants put 14 points on our team and he was indirectly responsible for both TDs. He played a role in the plays that led to them but he can't take full blame for two different scoring drives. However, each TD falls on his shoulders because he blew assignments.

You supposed to step in and make sure things don't break when your a backup. Thank God for solid backups like Fred Davis.

Game ball, same as everyone already said:

Rex

Kerrigan

Neild

Defense (minus Doughty)

Sav

Turd ball:

Doughty

Gano (although I liked the line drive into the crowd on that kickoff)

OL

Running play calling (did anyone else notice we ran almost ONLY on the left side of the line?)

Receivers (how many open drops did they have which would have gone for a 1st or a LONG play, 5, 6?)

Turdball has to be Trent. We know what we have in Reed Doughty; he isn't even a starter. Trent is a #4 pick and a supposed franchise left tackle--he damn better start playing like one. The 3rd down Pierre-Paul rush in the 4th quarter was the most embarrassing tackle play I've ever seen. He might as well have not left his stance (which is something he ironically did at his first NFL practice, lol).

Game ball goes to Rex. Not only did he play very well, but I think the players really see him as a leader. Moving forward with tempered optimism.

Gee. I came in here expecting to advise the OP to change the thread title to "Game ball other than Kerrigan:" I figured that the praise for him would be so gushing that nobody else got mentioned.

Instead, it seems like about 1/4 of the posters even mentioned him?

I was gonna say that I thought the DL deserved props, too. (Although I would have been more profuse if I didn't feel like we still got run over.)

Hightower. (Although I kept wondering why we weren't rotating RBs, there.)

This. Why do people expect more from a BACKUP safety? He had a few decent plays in run support, but he's NOT known for his coverage skills. And how anyone can say the back-up safety's performance was worse than the FIRST ROUND right tackle who imitated a turnstile? Trent Williams should spend less time worrying about his jewelry and more time trying not to embarrass himself. He was a joke today.

Because people seem to want starting-caliber backups at every position.

Would yall say Cofield played okay today? He didn't get a rush but he seemed to hold his ground? Am I correct that that's what we're asking him to do? It did seem like he was getting stood up by just one guy. Just not sure if he played bad or average? Anybody care to offer an opinion?

I'm gonna pull out a game ball for the cornerbacks to go against the common names already mentioned. Anytime you can go a game and not scream your CB's names, I take it their doing their job.

---------- Post added September-11th-2011 at 08:24 PM ----------

and I'm betting big Trent Williams rebounds for a great game next week. He had some up-and-down weeks last year. He'll be fine, we've seen him play at a high level.

Anyone who thinks Doughty's struggles are anything compared to how awful the Oline was today is just wrong. Both of the giants starting defensive ends were out, and we stole the best DTackle, and yet they were still able to give Grossman fits. Williams was especially bad, but only because we have such an investment in him.

Game Ball: Hightower. How he didn't go insane because of Kyle's insistance in running that damn slow developing outside run. How about putting in a couple of dives or pitchouts like they did near the end of the game? Thanks Kyle for his 3.2 YPC average.

Game Ball: Mike Shanahan. He had the balls to put vets like Sellers and Stalworth on the inactive list and go with players like Neild and Paulson.

Golden Feather: Chris Neild. The young man reminds me of old number 65, Dave Butz.

Crossed Tomahawks: Grossman. In this system he can do well, but I fear there are going to be 2 INT days as well.

Cold Bugger on a paper plate: Reed Doughty. No offense sir, but you should have been cut. He is slow, has Carlos hands, and needs to ride the line to have any effect. He plays with heart however.

Flopping Fish: Silverback Williams. Did you see him laying on the field after getting beat? He needs to go to the PGPD District III station and file an assault report over what happened to him.

Go easy on Gano, we knew what we had when we decided to keep him. I name him "50/50".

Flopping Fish: Silverback Williams. Did you see him laying on the field after getting beat? He needs to go to the PGPD District III station and file an assault report over what happened to him.

LOL.

Yeah he was pretty bad overall and horrible in pass blocking. I'm hoping he isn't going to turn out to be the new Haynesworth. He was taking a nap out there on at least one play that I saw.

The DL needs to get some of the credit for our pass rush though, and the Giants didn't run all over us like they usually do. There were a few 3rd and 4th down stops that in the past would have lost us the game.

Archived