Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are going to kick the **** out of the giants

zoony

The NY Post dissing Rex and the Redskins offense as soft.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/gilbride_must_give_jacobs_bradshaw_kj1KpF2BgtpwWRLlvy0yHN

Joke’s on Grossman

THIS won’t be coming out of the mouths of any of the Giants defenders tomorrow when they start talking about the Redskins, but they couldn’t have ordered up a softer attack to face in the opener. Not sure what the joke is, but when the punch line is “Rex Grossman,” you know it’s got to be funny.

Grossman, 31, enters his ninth NFL season having beaten out John Beck for the Redskins starting quarterback job after a summer-long competition that excited no one outside of the Beltway and, most likely, not many within. Skins coach Mike Shanahan said he “thought Rex won by an edge,” but what is the hope for a team when a lackluster performer such as Grossman is deemed the best option?

Sure, he started 16 games in 2006 and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl, but Grossman (40 career touchdown passes, 40 career interceptions) should be a backup. He started three games last season after Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb, continuing a revolving door policy at quarterback that has spun the Redskins dizzy. They have used 20 different starting quarterbacks in the last 18 seasons. Not surprisingly, there have been only five winning seasons in that span. The Redskins are an overwhelming choice to finish last in the NFC East this season.

Wow- I don't get this. With all the injuries the Giants have coming into this game and the Skins are still listed as 3 point underdogs at home. I mean come on- the Giants are going to be forced to start a rookie 6th rounder at LB this weekend, not to mention all the other players missing on defense. I'm surprised this spread isn't closer to even.

Wow- I don't get this. With all the injuries the Giants have coming into this game and the Skins are still listed as 3 point underdogs at home. I mean come on- the Giants are going to be forced to start a rookie 6th rounder at LB this weekend, not to mention all the other players missing on defense. I'm surprised this spread isn't closer to even.

Actually it would seem that the Redskins would be favored by 4-7. At home. The giants have lost their top possession receiver, starting te, and are starting 2 new on the OL including the LT, and we have their stud DT starting for us now. 1/2 their starting defense is out as well. Meanwhile we've added Hightower, Helu, Kerrigan, and only will be without Landry. Oh and Shanahan is 17-1 alltime in openers.

This is from a Giants websiteL: "Cornerback Terrell Thomas, who had five interceptions and four forced fumbles last season, tore an ACL and is out for the year. Cornerback Prince Amukamara, a first-round pick, fractured a bone in his left foot, and backup cornerback Bruce Johnson tore his Achilles'. Cornerback Brian Witherspoon(torn ACL), linebacker Johnathan Goff (torn ACL) and defensive tackle Marvin Austin (torn pectoral muscle) are out for the year, and defensive end Osi Umenyiora had knee surgery"

Oh and Justin Tuck hasn't practiced and Coughlin is saying he is now doubtful to play.

"Justin Tuck (neck) was limited in practice on Wednesday. Tom Coughlin didn't think he'd be able to go at all. CB Prince Amukamara (foot), LB Jonathan Goff (knee) and DE Osi Umenyiora (knee) all sat out of practice and will be out Sunday against Washington. Goff was lost for the season on Tuesday with a torn ACL"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/6691/giants-wednesday-injury-report

Yeah, I think I'd be betting on the Giants, right. I know its still any given sunday but the odds are heavily stacked in our favor, Landry playing or not. Their DB's were already swiss cheese and with a few of them out and their 3 best DL either out, or on our team now Grossman better blow them up early and often.

The Giants are all beat up with injuries and have some turmoil within the team. On the other hand we seem to be together as a unit and playing with confidence. After looking at some film of The Sex Cannon vs the Pukes and Giants last year, I feel he can do a good job. We are at home and need to start bringing a winning tradition to FedEx. We should win this game on Sunday. Tired of being pushed over, its time to push back. #Hail

The Giants have lots of injuries, it's true......but that's a team that scouts and drafts very, very well. Usually when a starter goes down, the replacement steps in and begins to make a name for himself. Let's not get too giddy about their injuries; let's just hope that our boys play their game and do what they're supposed to do. HTTR!

Hope the skins players catch this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/justin-tuck-giants-have-redskins-number/2011/09/07/gIQAvwQ1AK_blog.html#pagebreak

New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck believes his team has the Redskins’ number, and that facing Rex Grossman, whom the Giants played against in the 2010 finale, should only help.

“We just have your number right now,” Tuck told Redskins beat writers during a conference call Wednesday when broached with the subject of the Giants’ 9-1 record against the Redskins in their last 10 meetings. “I hope that continues, but I definitely see the Redskins as a team on the rise and you can see they’re hungry to get back to the prominence of old-time Redskins football. Hopefully we can continue to do that, but right now I feel like we have [their number] kinda like how Philly has ours.”

Hope the skins players catch this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/justin-tuck-giants-have-redskins-number/2011/09/07/gIQAvwQ1AK_blog.html#pagebreak

New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck believes his team has the Redskins’ number, and that facing Rex Grossman, whom the Giants played against in the 2010 finale, should only help.

“We just have your number right now,” Tuck told Redskins beat writers during a conference call Wednesday when broached with the subject of the Giants’ 9-1 record against the Redskins in their last 10 meetings. “I hope that continues, but I definitely see the Redskins as a team on the rise and you can see they’re hungry to get back to the prominence of old-time Redskins football. Hopefully we can continue to do that, but right now I feel like we have [their number] kinda like how Philly has ours.”

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. They do have our number but he also gave us a lot of respect.

I don't care if the Giants are putting out a bunch of high school JV players. Until we beat them they own us and NOTHING is guaranteed. If anything these injuries have me more nervous because it's games like this in the past where randon no names have come up and made a name against us.

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. They do have our number but he also gave us a lot of respect.

I don't care if the Giants are putting out a bunch of high school JV players. Until we beat them they own us and NOTHING is guaranteed. If anything these injuries have me more nervous because it's games like this in the past where randon no names have come up and made a name against us.

Tuck can say this I agree and agree its actually true. However, like most of us, I read whatever I can get my hands on each season before a game -- and yeah its rare for a player to PUBLICLY say they have the opponent's number. It would get me fired up but who knows.

I don't like the history, but as important as the past is...it's never as important as how you view your future! The 2011 Redskins view their future as a winning team and have played well together thus far. Past history cannot predict future results in a league that changes so much from year to year. The result of the recent past with the Giants have been because of the wrong attitude and philosophy previously employed. That's over. I wouldn't be putting any money on the Giants this weekend, but if you do, it's your own fault.

The Giants have our number until proven otherwise.

17-14 Gmen.

I was thinking the same thing. The Giants have owned us. Owned. Until we acutally do it, anyone predicting a blowout is getting a little too high on the horse here.

I see a 20-17 type game, where the Giants have a 35:00-25:00 TOP advantage. We still haven't proven we can stop Jacobs, Bradshaw, Nicks or Manningham.

I was thinking the same thing. The Giants have owned us. Owned. Until we acutally do it, anyone predicting a blowout is getting a little too high on the horse here.

I see a 20-17 type game, where the Giants have a 35:00-25:00 TOP advantage. We still haven't proven we can stop Jacobs, Bradshaw, Nicks or Manningham.

I hate seeing them run for 5-6 yards at a time. There is no way we can win if they do this.

Archived