Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are going to kick the **** out of the giants

zoony

I so think we are, too, but the last time someone made a thread about how we were going to destroy the Giants (Oldfan, back in 2009) the first game of the season and I believed it... well, we all know what happened. :(

Seriously, though... it's been so hard to temper expectations after seeing how well so many individuals played this preseason. Our secret weapon this time is Cofield. Can I get a book it?

How are they going to kick the **** out of the Giants if Brandon Jacobs runs all over the Redskins D?

I would love for it to happen but you KNOW that guy owns us. He legally owns the Redskins. Every time, they just give it to him and he barrages through. **** him.

The Giants D is suspect, but that Giants O has given the Redskins fits, especially Eli. A win is not ensured.

I may be homer through & through, but this is a VERY different D Line than they've ever seen from us...Cofield is gonna truck his ass....Jacobs getting tased, you heard it hear first...

I may be homer through & through, but this is a VERY different D Line than they've ever seen from us...Cofield is gonna truck his ass....Jacobs getting tased, you heard it hear first...

I agree. This DL is entirely different for the better. I'm personally looking forward seeing Ryan introducing himself to Brandon.

It's will be a close game. However, if history is taken into account. We haven't beaten the Giants, despite having them on the ropes, for atleast a couple of years.

how many players are still left from those teams though?

The Giants are the one team that has had the 'Skins number the last few years. They have beaten us pretty bad. At least the with the Cowboys/Eagles we have been able split with them most of the time regardless of how good they are and how bad the 'Skins are.

Beating them on opening day after looking so lousy the past couple of opening days against them, would go a long way in showing there is a new chapter being written in D.C.

The 2nd game versus the Giants in 2010 was actually respectable if you ask me. Even though it was a loss, the 'Skins didn't look like their usually hapless selves vs. the Gmen.

Hopefully we can pull this one out.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. The Giants have had our number the past several games. That said, I do think the Giants are going to face a much different Redskins team than they are used to playing as of late. I guess I won't be surprised either way in regards to a win or loss. If we do win and Grossman lights up the Giants, I will not be surprised.

A lot of people label Rex as a mediocre QB because of what he's done his whole career. They haven't really seen Rex improve and grow under Mike Shanahan. If fans of other teams followed Rex with the Skins closely, they would see a QB that can light it up at times. I won't be surprised at all if Grossman ends up with a career like Jake Plummer did. If Rex does light the Giants up, the Giant fans will probably over-react and panic about their D. They will say "our d is pathetic. I can't believe we let Rex, the worst QB in the league light us up like that". They shouldn't though. They are simply making Rex a much worse QB than he really is and don't know that Rex actually does pretty decent in this offense.

Is the missing word snot?

poopy, actually.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

Giants were 10-6 in 2010:

• In every loss, the opponent gained 100 or more yards rushing.
  • In 9 out of 10 wins, the opponent failed to gain 100 yards rushing.
  • Redskins first lost to Giants while rushing for 74 yards and passing for 264 yards (McNabb)
  • Redskins then lost to Giants while rushing for 67 yards and passing for 336 yards (Grossman)
  • First game rushers: James Davis (40 yards), Keiland Williams (29 yards)
  • Second game rushers: Torain (18 for 61 yards), Williams (1 for 4 yards)
  • Redskin 3rd down efficiency: 20% (first game), 25% (second game)

In short, the Giants want to stuff the run and force 3rd and long, which they defend very well.

Changing this pattern requires success running and passing on first down, led by Hightower and Grossman. First down will be where the game is won or lost.

Look for a combination of these offensive sets:

• 3 WR, no huddle, shotgun
  • 2 WR, 2 TE, behind center: runs and play-action passing

I would open with the no-huddle offense to keep the Giants off balance, then come back with the 2 TE offense on the second and third drives. Then switch back to no-huddle 3 WR again for drives 4 and 5. Aim to score 5 times in first half.

Normally I'm not a fan of the "winning teams have more running yards" stat no matter how it's used, because I think it is largely a self-fulfilling stat.

That said, I do agree with where you ended up- which is that effective running against the Giants 7 man front will be the key here. Once they bring that safety in the box I really don't see their corners being able to handle Moss and Gaffney and Armstrong... they just won't.

And with that said, I think we can and will run against this Giant's front 7. One thing we know about Rex- (all stupid sayings aside)- he WILL challenge a defense. He WILL throw the ball down the field if he sees single coverage or Armstrong lined up against Capt. Scrub (I think the Giants signed him Sunday) with no safety help.

I know the talk has gone back and forth but living in Florida I deal my fair share of NY fans and to be honest, more than just one have said that they are a bit nervous with the injuries they have now. Im thinking itll be close but the final score will be something like 28 - 17 Skins winning. HTTR!

Wait wait wait.... John Beck? Is he even starting? haha HILARIOIUS. Actually, Rex is starting. You fans dont even know who your starting QB is... haha.

At the time of the post, the starter had not been confirmed. Either one will do against your team at this point.

Archived