Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Deangelo Hall cut back on his INT return? (Video)

skinsdomination09

Are you ****ing serious?! I'm one of the biggest critics on here when it comes to the 'skins, but to question why a guy "cut back" and STILL scored a TD is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. You know how hard it is to accomplish that feat on here? Wow, just wow.

Really? You could see both Mike and Haslett actually angered at first as to why he cut back. Then, DHall even states how the coaches and players gave him grief about it... so I think you've got your priorities all wrong. You moan and complain about much lesser, lol... I don't like the fact that he put a sure TD in jeopardy simply to showboat. He made a great play, and he stil got the TD so it's all good in the end, but still, wrong is wrong. I am extremely pleased with him otherwise.

Really? You could see both Mike and Haslett actually angered at first as to why he cut back. Then, DHall even states how the coaches and players gave him grief about it... so I think you've got your priorities all wrong. You moan and complain about much lesser, lol... I don't like the fact that he put a sure TD in jeopardy simply to showboat. He made a great play, and he stil got the TD so it's all good in the end, but still, wrong is wrong. I am extremely pleased with him otherwise.

What was the end result? Yeah, had he been tackled I could understand questioning why the cutback. But, like I said, complaining about this tells me that people are looking for something to be negative about. After all, we have seen better all-around play this preseaon then we have in a long, long time so some people have to find something to complain about I guess.

BTW. Yeah, I know preseason doesn't translate to regular season play. K?

It was weird. Found it odd that none of the announcers said anything either. He's DeAneglo Hall. He knows he's fast. He's way faster than either Boldin (who he looked back and saw was a bit behind him) and Flacco. Reminds of when Indianapolis blew the playoff game against Pittsburgh (and gifted them a Super Bowl) when one of their corners cut back into Ben Roethlisburger instead of simply running around him (like a corner cannot out run a big slow white QB)

Right after the INT Hall glances back to see who is close to him, and then turns back and as he moves forward sees Falcco cutting inside of Kerrigan and toward the sideline, going right for him. Hall likely figured Flacco would force him to the sideline where the Ravens behind him could catch up to him as he was being slowed by Flacco cutting in.

Hall probably figured he could easily juke Flacco and hit open field. While Flacco did get a hand on him, Hall was right that he could juke Flacco.

Are you ****ing serious?! I'm one of the biggest critics on here when it comes to the 'skins, but to question why a guy "cut back" and STILL scored a TD is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. You know how hard it is to accomplish that feat on here? Wow, just wow.

It unreal sometimes isn't it? Who needs the media pundits "hating on the team", "the fans" are far worse...oy!!!

It was weird. Found it odd that none of the announcers said anything either. He's DeAneglo Hall. He knows he's fast. He's way faster than either Boldin (who he looked back and saw was a bit behind him) and Flacco. Reminds of when Indianapolis blew the playoff game against Pittsburgh (and gifted them a Super Bowl) when one of their corners cut back into Ben Roethlisburger instead of simply running around him (like a corner cannot out run a big slow white QB)

And that's the issue. People say "who cares he scored. Whatever", but the issue is that sort of decision making shouldn't really be encouraged just because it happened to work this time.

But to DHall's credit, in a real game situation against Dallas he returned that fumble as quickly and directly as he could.

Hopefully the coaches use this as a teaching point with him. I trust Shanahan is detail oriented enough to make it so.

It unreal sometimes isn't it? Who needs the media pundits "hating on the team", "the fans" are far worse...oy!!!

This isnt complaining about Dhalls cutback it was inquring about it. I had wondered if I was the only one who thought he had a clear road to a TD. Nobody here is freaking out like you guys are saying....

That was a beautiful int.

No it is not.We have a DB intercepting a pass and running it back for a touchdown and we're CURIOUS WHY he did it in the way he did. Not angry. Not calling for his head. Not accusing him of being a bad sport.

just. CURIOUS.

sheesh

Of the 1696 players on the final rosters this year, 1696 will showboat if given the chance.

What was the end result? Yeah, had he been tackled I could understand questioning why the cutback. But, like I said, complaining about this tells me that people are looking for something to be negative about. After all, we have seen better all-around play this preseaon then we have in a long, long time so some people have to find something to complain about I guess.

BTW. Yeah, I know preseason doesn't translate to regular season play. K?

Dude, you're arguing with the wrong person. I'm considered one of the bigger homers on this board, and the last thing I'll do is complain about a player who does nothing but make plays for us like DHall. That being said, he messed up here and you over-reacted (as have countless other posters) to this thread. Dhall himself admitted he was catching grief for it... why is this so difficult? He was almost tackled just because he cutback for the sake of showboating. If he did get tackled, I'm sure so many complaining about this thread right now would be going crazy about it, lol.

I think the answer is...

He wanted to look flashy leading up to his "PrimeTimeNeonDeon" trot into the endzone. That's Dhall for you.

Not what you'd call a blue collar guy lmao. But hey, its preseason, and apparently he was ridiculed by his fellow players and the coaches, so it's fine. Not everybody is London Fletcher out there.

He cut back because he thought he should. but he cut toward players more than he would have if he just kept running in a straight line. He had to break a Flacco tackle to score, which I think he was lucky to have pulled off re the amount of ribbing he would have gotten.

I am just thrilled we have a corner that actually can trigger a debate over a cutback on a TD. You know, a playmaker. Sure he will get burned every now and then. Carlos would have too if we ever let him play tight man like that. He always dumped off WR's onto our FS and manned his short unoccupied zone.

Deangelo "Cutback" Hall, Bob "Jungle Death" Garrard. /fast times at ridgemont high reference.

call me when he takes an interception 50 yards for a TD.

Way to hate on one of our best players. Contrary to what you're implying, Fletcher is not only consistent, he's also a playmaker.

I like Hall and I don't agree with the nickname "MeAngello" people roast him for. I was just pointing out that Fletcher is a beast and modest. Hall isn't modest, but he's not self-centered either. He plays to win... and that means helping the team, not himself.

Way to hate on one of our best players. Contrary to what you're implying, Fletcher is not only consistent, he's also a playmaker.

I like Hall and I don't agree with the nickname "MeAngello" people roast him for. I was just pointing out that Fletcher is a beast and modest. Hall isn't modest, but he's not self-centered either. He plays to win... and that means helping the team, not himself.

i'm not hating on fletcher, i just said call me when he takes an INT 50 yards for a TD.

he's not going to. and fletcher isn't a playmaker. he is a tackling machine and i love him and everything he brings to this team, but there's a reason that guys like beason and willis go to the pro bowl ahead of him and it's not always such a grave injustice. he's getting old and he's not bringing dynamic playmaking every play.

like i said, i love fletcher, but you're overrating him, which is incredibly difficult for such an underrated guy.

Archived