Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Deangelo Hall cut back on his INT return? (Video)

skinsdomination09

How would a cutback be showboating? Sorry, but he was probably thinking in the moment. It obviously wasn't that dumb if he still scored.

I don't know, maybe trying to be fancy for no reason. It didn't seem necessary and doing so almost cost him the TD.

why did our playmaking CB (the one who won us two games last year because of his playmaking ability) cut back across a lumbering QB towards the side of the field where the WR trailing him that he can't see isn't cutting him towards the sideline to score a TD on a team that has gone 1 for 6 or whatever it is in the redzone thusfar in the preseason?

i don't know, that's right up there with JFK. maybe oliver stone will pick up this story as well.

DHall said post-game on CSN that he got a lot of grief (presumably from other players or the coaches) about the cutback.

His justification: he's "addicted" to the cut back. He's been doing it that way since high school.

And then the real reason came out of his mouth: if it works, it gives him more time to dance into the end zone like "Prime Time do"

So, yeah, it's showboating. I hope the coaches kick his butt if he does that in a real game.

Sean Taylor did the same thing in the Dallas game back in '07. After picking up the loose ball from the blocked field goal by Troy Vincent, he was running back up field and probably had a clear shot to the end zone had he stayed to the left of his blockers, but then decided to cut back towards the middle of the field. This resulted in a field goal (untimed because time had run out but there was a face masking penalty against Dallas) which Nick Novak barely -- and I mean barely - put through the uprights, just inside the right post. Ahhh, the memories!

Sean Taylor did the same thing in the Dallas game back in '07. After picking up the loose ball from the blocked field goal by Troy Vincent, he was running back up field and probably had a clear shot to the end zone had he stayed to the left of his blockers, but then decided to cut back towards the middle of the field. This resulted in a field goal (untimed because time had run out but there was a face masking penalty against Dallas) which Nick Novak barely -- and I mean barely - put through the uprights, just inside the right post. Ahhh, the memories!

yeah I always thought that too, probably would've scored if he just followed the blockers

Sigh. Really? Okay. To answer you question,probably thought Flacco was going to cut him off before getting into the endzone.

Sigh? Sounds like a reasonable question to me, and something i was wondering myself...especially if he was trying to showboat...wait a second....what do we have here...?

DHall said post-game on CSN that he got a lot of grief (presumably from other players or the coaches) about the cutback.

His justification: he's "addicted" to the cut back. He's been doing it that way since high school.

And then the real reason came out of his mouth: if it works, it gives him more time to dance into the end zone like "Prime Time do"

So, yeah, it's showboating. I hope the coaches kick his butt if he does that in a real game.

Straight from the horses mouth...he WAS trying to showboat...and something we don't need from our starting corner. I dont care about showboating in the endzone after a score, but trying to showboat before a score is no beuno...and a worthy topic for discussion....is it not?

Archived