Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Deangelo Hall cut back on his INT return? (Video)

skinsdomination09

You have to keep in mind things often times look different down on the field than they do from a high sideline shot. Things are happening damn fast down there.

I think this is your explanation. He probably just saw a bunch of purple jerseys, not realizing it was Flacco that had the best angle, and thus did not immediately make the connection that there was no way he could be caught. So he cut back.

I questioned it right as it happened too, and I thought he was trying to cut off Boldin's angle. If it's showboating I just hope it doesn't hurt us in a game.

It has to be said though, I'll take questioning a cutback on a pick six over cussing stone hands for dropping yet another easy int any day!!!

This. Why don't we start dissecting Terrence Austin's TD or Hightower's?

It's a score. We're complaining about a touchdown. :doh:

If he keeps trying stupid things like this, he's going to cost us a touchdown, cost himself an injury, or turn the ball back over at some point. The middle of a play is no time to play around.

Are you ****ing serious?! I'm one of the biggest critics on here when it comes to the 'skins, but to question why a guy "cut back" and STILL scored a TD is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. You know how hard it is to accomplish that feat on here? Wow, just wow.

Really? Can we merge this with "Why our offense sucks in the Redzone" threads, had he gotten tackled, we would have got some much needed Red Zone reps. It's PRESEASON we need to figure this out!!!!

Thanks D-Hall for trying to help our offense

DHall said post-game on CSN that he got a lot of grief (presumably from other players or the coaches) about the cutback.

His justification: he's "addicted" to the cut back. He's been doing it that way since high school.

And then the real reason came out of his mouth: if it works, it gives him more time to dance into the end zone like "Prime Time do"

So, yeah, it's showboating. I hope the coaches kick his butt if he does that in a real game.

He said the exact same thing in preseason last year. So yeah, he's just obsessed with showboating.

Kelli Johnson even asked in that recent postgame interview, in a dumbfounded way, "Getting the touchdown is the most important thing though...right??"

Here is the postgame interview link. Scroll down....it's the one with DHall, OJ, and Rak.

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/video_redskins#

Are you ****ing serious?! I'm one of the biggest critics on here when it comes to the 'skins, but to question why a guy "cut back" and STILL scored a TD is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. You know how hard it is to accomplish that feat on here? Wow, just wow.

Its just a question. You're taking it way out of control. I was curious why he did because hes obviously one of the fastest corners in the NFL and he could have easilly run straight in for a TD.

Im not criticizing his return Im just curious if I was the only one who was suprised he cut back. Its called analyzing a play. And if you aren't willing to see that happen on these forums then get off.

Whoa, why is everyone blasting the OP for asking a question? A pretty good question, in my opinion. I wasn't sure why he did it at the time and still can't figure it out after watching the replay.

He was just looking if anyone had any insight, sheesh...

Wow guys, chill out. It's a legitimate query. And especially this:

DHall said post-game on CSN that he got a lot of grief (presumably from other players or the coaches) about the cutback.

His justification: he's "addicted" to the cut back. He's been doing it that way since high school.

And then the real reason came out of his mouth: if it works, it gives him more time to dance into the end zone like "Prime Time do"

So, yeah, it's showboating. I hope the coaches kick his butt if he does that in a real game.

shows that it's worthy of discussion. I'm thrilled he still scored. But he still cut back into a swarm of purple. Glad he managed to escape.

Yeah man watch the interview and keep in mind he has said it in interviews before....he "wants to cut back so he'll have more time to dance like Prime"

I'm with the majority here...he didn't need to cut back on that play.

I wouldn't be the least bit concerned if he just did it and didn't say why but I remembered him saying it last year. Then repeating it again this year.

Am I losing sleep? No. But I think it's a valid concern considering our redzone woes. He may have another 5-6 chances to score this year.

I questioned it right as it happened too, and I thought he was trying to cut off Boldin's angle. If it's showboating I just hope it doesn't hurt us in a game.

It has to be said though, I'll take questioning a cutback on a pick six over cussing stone hands for dropping yet another easy int any day!!!

this , he thought Boldin was going to catch him

Let's review here. We have a DB intercepting a pass and running it back for a touchdown and we're worried about how he did it. Is that right?

We have a DB intercepting a pass and not taking "what appears to us as being the easiest path to the endzone." I don't think the OP was saying DHall sucks, but he was simply asking a question.

Bad teams miss opportunities and make things harder for themselves.

Good teams exploit opportunities and make things easier for themselves.

Let's review here. We have a DB intercepting a pass and running it back for a touchdown and we're worried about how he did it. Is that right?

No it is not.We have a DB intercepting a pass and running it back for a touchdown and we're CURIOUS WHY he did it in the way he did. Not angry. Not calling for his head. Not accusing him of being a bad sport.

just. CURIOUS.

sheesh

You could see that Boldin had slowed down, but DH23 didn't see that. When he glanced back at Boldin, he was still pursuing at full speed. Hall had Flacco beat easily, but he probably thought he was gonna get caught from behind (in addition to wanting to showboat a little).

Archived