Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per Twitter: Jarvis Jenkins Torn ACL

'Skins_&_'Stons

Isnt Daniels on the Patriots now?

Also, has any spokesman/coach confirmed the ACL tear or is it just his twitter? As much as Twitter is America's go-to source for news these days, theres always the hope that there was some miscommunication somewhere....

That's Andre Carter.

Jarvis99jenkins jarvis jenkins

I'm gonna work harder than I've ever worked to get back I love this game too much #HTTR

Can someone tweet him back and wish him well from the ES posters?

Thanks, get well JJ we really are looking forward to you coming back in top form.

I know, i was thinking about getting someone as a rotational player. sorry i didn't make that clear.

Oh, my bad...should have caught that.

I think we can get pretty creative with the personnel that we have. Overall though, this gives Golston or someone like that a chance to hang on for another year. I do love that, overall, starters from the past are being pushed down the depth chart.

I told my wife last night that it was likely a tear. The way he limped off with tears in his eyes, i had a good feeling that he was done. I was hoping for the best, but it is what it is. hopefully he will be ready for offseason workouts next season. :(

After seeing the replay and the way they worked him over, I was pretty sure it was some kind of tear. I was hoping it was the PCL or MCL not the ACL, but I've seen too many of these injuries lately to have more than hope he would be okay. He'll get it worked on, rehab it, and hopefully can be back in time for next season. That's really when we need him moer I think. Does anyone really think we go deep in the playoffs this year? I don't think anyone but extreme homers even think that we have a shot. Get wel jenkins, enjoy IR, and lets bring the next guy up. Who would that be?

I don't think Jenkins would have tweeted that if it wasn't okay to do so.

absolutely SUCKS for him and the skins, man am I sorry to see this. I hate injuries with a passion, no matter what teams they happen to. And especially ones that happen to the players like Jarvis, that just work, work, work their tail off and do all the things you want them to do and more..........He was more then just a player, his work ethic runs off and his attitude effects those around him in a positive way! Bummer man, F-ing Bummer.

The best part is that I had completely forgotten about Carriker. Who had been stepping it up last year.

Man. Talk about a silver lining!

I know...I'm writing this a lot today, but the improvement in our depth is actually staggering (assuming we can put stock in these exhibition games)...

Long-time starters/contributors are relegated to second half time in preseason games: Sellers, Bryant, Golston, Blades, Carriker (didn't play, but wasn't starting), Torrain (didn't play, but won't start), etc. Also, young guys are pushing vets all over the place for playing time. We have competition at WR, probably TE, LB (I think Rocky will be a backup pretty soon), etc.

I was also impressed with Scott last night. He got a push from the DE position, so we could play him or Golston in a rotation.

what hurts the most is it slows down the kids growth and development as a nfl player

that said, DE might be a position in which Allen will look to make one of those trades he has been referring to

in the balance, if we were going to lose one of the cogs on defense, DE is a position which a team can recover and move on with the least disruption, especially when you consider jenkins is a rookie who was going to be a rotational player at most this season

I hope the FO is able to work some magic and find someone who can be a decent rotation guy before the season starts

Oh, my bad...should have caught that.

I think we can get pretty creative with the personnel that we have. Overall though, this gives Golston or someone like that a chance to hang on for another year. I do love that, overall, starters from the past are being pushed down the depth chart.

I know this may not be the popular thought, but i would prefer Scott of Golston. Scott made plays when JJ went out. Golston was getting pushed around like crazy. I like Golston because he's a hard worker and a character guy. Just don't think his skill set fits this scheme.

How about a RB for a DE? Trade Torrain?

The more I saw the replay and esp you got to look at Jenkins when he walked off..he was crying. Big boys like that don't cry unless they tear something?

Anyone know if its a complete tear because that would suck....Why or why does this always happen to us?

I know that, but damn LKB, the man didn't even get to play in a meaningful game yet. He was playing sooooo good. Already thinking about when he comes back.

Eh. It's football. I assume every year that the team is going to lose one big contributor on offense and one big contributor on defense. It's annoying when it happens this early, but that's why you need depth.

I know this may not be the popular thought, but i would prefer Scott of Golston. Scott made plays when JJ went out. Golston was getting pushed around like crazy. I like Golston because he's a hard worker and a character guy. Just don't think his skill set fits this scheme.

No argument here...but I would assume they'll keep 4 (Scott being the 3rd). Maybe I'm forgetting someone?

I told my wife last night that it was likely a tear. The way he limped off with tears in his eyes, i had a good feeling that he was done. I was hoping for the best, but it is what it is. hopefully he will be ready for offseason workouts next season. :(

watching them test it closely, it was either a tear or a "loose ligament" which some were reporting it as that.

What happens in some cases, is that in that ACL test they do with the knee, and they get all that play that screams "tear" it turns out to be completely in tact but sprained, and all that play is caused by loose ligaments, which few people have, but they do have......in some cases, people have extremely "tight" ligaments and they tear really easy...thats why sometimes you will see just the slightest bend in a knee that was injured, and you would say to yourself, well that is just a sprain no way its torn, then it comes out to be a complete tear.........

I perform those test on my athletes and when they are in pain and its loose on the test, its 99.5% of the time torn. And the ACL its either torn or not, unlike some other ligaments, including the MCL, where they can have a partial tear in it and it can heal without surgery......that is never the case with the ACL (just some useless information i thought id share)

I think now could be a propitious time to test the filters to see how they're working.

Well ****. This ****ing sucks for the kid. I was looking forward to watching him play. Not nearly as much as he wanted to be out there playing I'm sure. ****. I feel bad for the young man.

:mad: :(

Dammit!! I had a feeling he was going to force his way into a starting role at some point during the season based on what I saw in him. This blows because I'm wondering if he'll be as effective in 2012 after this injury. We may have to wait till 2013 to really see what he's capable of. I'll be praying for the dude.

Archived