Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins O-Line nickname possibilities for This Year......The Lumberjacks: Give me some alternatives.

fnkdctr(007)

Nicknames don't have to be earned, at least in the public eye. They can and are given out within the team.

Yes "The Hogs" was coined well before the public got wind of it.

Same for "The Smurfs", "The Fun Bunch", "The Capitol Punishment Crew", "The National Defense"

The common thread is that with these nicknames, the team came up with it first and then after they started winning games it either "leaked" to the public or the players straight out marketed the name. "The Hogs", "The Fun Bunch" and "The National Defense" in particular were owned and operated by the players of those respective positions.

So fans can come up with whatever they want. But nothing will stick unless first, the players produce and second, the players jump on board with the name.

For a fan to suggest that other fans to come up with a nickname for a part of the team (Oline) that has done squat other than two good preseason games is fine I guess but seems awfully premature. Let them kick butt in the regular season and then if no name has been leaked by the players themselves, go for it and come up with something. But right now in August? Pass.

Nicknames DO NOT have to be earned ... what the hell is that nonsense?

I'm pretty sure the Hogs were the Hogs before they one a super bowl right? i thnk they were named the hogs before they won a damn thing.

nobody waited for George Herman to hit 60 before they called him the Babe ...

The Over The Hill Gang was called that I'm sure before they did anything earth shattering ...

The Smurfs? they were small at first, not really that good, until after the nickname.

i'm sorry, but our generation SUCKS when it comes to nicknames cause we got it all wrong and frankly, nicknames are not for surbanites like us to come up with. we just don't have it in us. i got a great buddy from buffalo and ALL of his family and friends have nicknames ... got another buddy from Pittsburgh and all of his friends have nicknames. NOVA stiffs like you and me just don't get it. its a working man's thing, its a blue collar thing ... and frankly i'm jealous!

back in the day they had wilt the stilt, the kid, Double X, the glide, manos de pierda, the broadstreet bullies, etc.etc.

now we got A-rod and D-jax ... pitiful!

Okay...you don't ask for a nickname, and you don't look for a nickname to give....it normally just happens. So if you want to give nicknames out, why don't you go hang out at a frat house.

Let these guys play and develop a personality as a unit. Rest assured, with guys like Jammal Brown on this line, there is bound to be some goofy nickname that comes out. Don't go looking for one, or your just as bad as Jason Reid.

There, I said it.

Not to nitpick but it's actually "The harder they come the harder they fall, one and all."

You're on the right track, but the movie which spawned the song and soundtrack of the similar name, was "The harder they come." While the song was "The harder they come, the harder they fall." One and all is just a continuation of the lyrics, not part of the title.

"The bigger they come, the bigger they fall" was actually a Jimmy Cliff song that was, as you can guess, very, very similar to the harder version. I believe it is taken from the version of the song played at the dancehall for the first time when Ivanhoe thought he was going to instantly make it big then went off to the cannabis trade when Jose saw that he couldn't afford the drinks.

1048300_f520.jpg

On the nickname, we don't need to force that. Bugel came up with the name hogs, and if the OL deserves one later, the new name will come from where it's supposed to come from. Which is not here, at least for now.

Archived