Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins O-Line nickname possibilities for This Year......The Lumberjacks: Give me some alternatives.

fnkdctr(007)

I don't even know where to begin. Your entire post is absurd. First of all, YES, nicknames must be earned or otherwise warranted. No one is saying they have to one (sic) a super bowl first, but they ought to play a few regular season games, don't you think? Every example you give fails to support your position.

And who says nicknames aren't for suburbanites? For that matter, who are you calling suburbanites?! (not that there's anything wrong with that).

in 1981 the skins offensive line was 12th in rushing, and gave up 30 sacks.

Buges called called his O-line he hogs during the 1982 training camp. what exaclty had they earned or warrented?

in fact the nickname itself HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PERFORMANCE.

it was a term of endearment and frankly an observation.

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:17 AM ----------

The ZONE RANGERS

THAT IS EFFING GOOD! lol

I'm not sure if group nick-names are actually earned, they just sorta happen - The "Hogs" came about by an off-hand comment by the coach. The smurfs got their nick-name by being short (I heard a rumor that one of them got painted blue after passing out at a party, and that's what really started it, but its unverified and from an unreliable source.)

I don't know where or how "The Posse" got their name.

Individual nick-names are usually earned in some manner, like the Diesel was a combination of a play on his last name and his running style, others come about for other reasons, like Elroy 'Crazy Legs' Hirsch.

We can change the fight song to this:...

Beat me to it.

Was going to go a bit subtler: "The lumberjacks? That's okay."

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 07:25 PM ----------

I'm not sure if group nick-names are actually earned, they just sorta happen - The "Hogs" came about by an off-hand comment by the coach.

Yeah, but Buges kinda liked giving nick names. "The Dirtbags" wasn't really earned. It was just Bugel's neurosis in the 2000s.

... like the Diesel was a combination of a play on his last name and his running style...

Gosh, I'm slow. Had totally missed the Big Rig[gins]/Diesel connections. /sigh

Archived