Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teabagging as a form of hazing/bullying

ljs

or rub Icy Hot on his forehead

Use kids toothbrush as toliet paper

All joking aside, I don't know what kind of person your nephew is. If he told someone (your sis) then it is obviously affecting him. He was abused. This **** can have long lasting affects on people depending on how you handle these things. I don't know how "trauma" will affect him, but it has the potential to do some serious damage.

Thats what I told her. His father has primary custody, and if my sister goes to get him- she could get in trouble if it wasn't ok'd by the dad. Its a long story, but their divorce was really bad, and her ex is so much of an *******, that he would do everything in his power to either put her in jail, or try to get any of her visitations revoked. She has to play by those rules, and awful as it is.

It sucks not having any control over the situation. I know a guy from highschool who was sodomized with a broom handle by fellow wrestlers. He almost died from it. And I swear, if they do anything else to him, there will be hell to pay.

The fact that he's being assaulted and the father doesn't give a **** should be enough for your sister to get custody of him IMHO. Can't she call CPS and tell them what's happening and explain the custody situation and ask for some sort of permission to go and get him?

depends on your expectations for the trip,but letting a younger kid run around with high school jocks is a recipe for this kind of trouble.....and a bad idea

If my kid was stupid enough to participate I would adjust his priorities ....the same if I was in charge of the teens

Thats what I told her. His father has primary custody, and if my sister goes to get him- she could get in trouble if it wasn't ok'd by the dad. Its a long story, but their divorce was really bad, and her ex is so much of an *******, that he would do everything in his power to either put her in jail, or try to get any of her visitations revoked. She has to play by those rules, and awful as it is.

It sucks not having any control over the situation. I know a guy from highschool who was sodomized with a broom handle by fellow wrestlers. He almost died from it. And I swear, if they do anything else to him, there will be hell to pay.

Then you have to call the cops and then go get him. I agree with Destino, the court system is likely to overreact but if you can't get him out of there without police involvement, you have to call the police.

Because you need to go get him.

Inappropriate acts like this by teenagers are normal and part of growing up, imo. We needn't be so sensitive as to pretend this is more than teens being teens and start talking about assault or sexual assault and involving police. Yeah, it was almost certainly humiliating but so is 75% of teen life in general. Spin into teaching him ways to stand up for himself and move on, this isn't a big deal.

Inappropriate acts like this by teenagers are normal and part of growing up, imo. We needn't be so sensitive as to pretend this is more than teens being teens and start talking about assault or sexual assault and involving police. Yeah, it was almost certainly humiliating but so is 75% of teen life in general. Spin into teaching him ways to stand up for himself and move on, this isn't a big deal.

I generally agree with the sentiment. But being alone with a group of older boys who scare you for an extended period of time and an adult you can't trust is asking a lot from a 13 year old boy. This could mess with his head a bit.

I generally agree with the sentiment. But being alone with a group of older boys who scare you for an extended period of time and an adult you can't trust is asking a lot from a 13 year old boy. This could mess with his head a bit.

So can reading the newspaper, honestly. The only thing worse for the wear is his ego, learning to deal with bullies is a valuable life lesson because they never go away, only change tactics. Sending in the parents or the authorities will only serve to further ostracize him from his peers. If he stands up for himself and sets some boundaries he'll earn some respect and likely be laughing about it within a few weeks. We're so quick these days to run to someone else to solve interpersonal problems, dealing with *******s yourself is a lot more effective in the long run.

If we lived in a country where justice meant something I'd say call the police. Sadly in this instance it will land all those boys on the ridiculous sex offender registry and ruin their lives.
I had the same thought. This is a crime of some sort, but not,IMHO, worth causing them to end up on the registry,

Its not sexual assault, but it is assault. The fact that the kid's dad didn't think it was a big idea is pretty disturbing.

IMO.

Forcing facial contact with genitals against that person's will? Many States would classify that as sexual assault.

Forcing facial contact with genitals against that person's will? Many States would classify that as sexual assault.

Yep, and if the boys in question are doing this at that age... what will they be forcing on women (or men) when they get older?

Tough one. As weird as it sounds, by the end of the trip they could all be friends again, but the more likely scenario is that he will stay on the outskirts of the group for the rest of the trip, and that if the boys get riled up again this weekend and want to cause some trouble, the nephew could be the target of that aggression again. depending on how he feels about the situation and how he is being treated currently, would help make my decision to go and get him. If he isn't having any fun, and is counting down the hours until he is home, then just go get him... If the boys have apologized and are accepting him into the group, then he may have just made some future friends. Thats the less likely scenario in my eyes though.

Either way, for the coach and the father of the boy to be condoning this astonishes me.

I don't think it's worth it to argue, because I definitely think it's awful, but I think sexual assault probably requires some sort of intent that wasn't involved here. I think it's justbplain assault and battery. But whatever I don't need to fightnyou on it.

Hoping you will give an update ljs.

I agree with Stew, if the was just playful (while still very wrong) then it might not be so damaging. If it was done out of dislike for your nephew, then thats a whole different story. I remember stuff like this happening when I was in middle school. Never had someones balls on my face though.

or rub Icy Hot on his forehead
Kinda painful, don't you think?

How about keeping a tube in his pocket, so he can just rub it on them if they try it again.....ok you know what I have no idea how to say it without making a crude joke. But at the point where they're already rubbing it on his forehead....

If you want to get back at them, how about blatantly spreading the rumor that the sexual deviants in question are actually homosexuals, and stigmatize them? I mean, if they did that to a girl, it would automatically be sexual harassment, right?

edit: because I don't think I can create a crude joke here unoffensively.

do what you want OP, but I would be getting the authorities involved ASAP. This is NOT hazing, this is flat out sexual assault like others have said. If you're worried that his peers are gonna make fun of him b/c he doesn't like balls in his face, you are worried about the wrong things. It's not like he's tattling for getting stuffed in a locker.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

also, if anyone is gonna get ostracized at school, it's gonna be the guilty parties once word gets around that they like to put their private parts on other boys.

I wouldn't say tea bagging is sexual assult' date=' but its definitely assault. Those kids need a beatdown, whether it is calling the cops, the dad finally doing something, or your son learning to bite..hard.[/quote']

tea bagging is an easy example of sexual assault and i don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. it involves the unwanted advances with sexual organs on another person. maybe the intent is not sexual assault, but that's exactly what it is.

I would ordinarily be as inclined as the next under 30 male to pass it off as a prank or something similar to make it seem lighthearted, but the fact that the kid was outnumbered, forcibly held down, and bloodied (read the OP, somebody busted the kid's nose) makes me much more inclined to say "call the cops" instead of "it's just a frat prank drunk guys play LOL!" I would hesitate to put these kids on a sex offender registry for the rest of their lives, but you have to do SOMETHING to put the fear of God into these boys. This escalated to something that needs real attention when blood was drawn on a vastly over-matched kid.

I would ordinarily be as inclined as the next under 30 male to pass it off as a prank or something similar to make it seem lighthearted, but the fact that the kid was outnumbered, forcibly held down, and bloodied (read the OP, somebody busted the kid's nose) makes me much more inclined to say "call the cops" instead of "it's just a frat prank drunk guys play LOL!" I would hesitate to put these kids on a sex offender registry for the rest of their lives, but you have to do SOMETHING to put the fear of God into these boys. This escalated to something that needs real attention when blood was drawn on a vastly over-matched kid.

Exactly. But even for all that, if the adult gave some indication that he was on top of the situation, I might be inclined to let him deal with it. But if that were my son, and if I didn't trust the adult to protect my son, I'd definitely go get him. No question about it. The lack of trusted adult supervision is what puts this way over the top.

I would do what I had to do to get him out of there. If that means you have to involve the cops, definitely call the cops.

Archived