Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Dumped-How do you deal?

boston skins fan

what you do is take a brown paper bag, fill it with poo, and place it on her doorstep. Then, light it on fire and ring her doorbell and run. You see, when she comes out to see who is there, she will see a flaming bag on her doorstep, and she will instinctively step on it to put it out. But what she won't know is that she's stepping in poo! Hilarious

On a serious note, there is no magic answer. But the best thing would be to funnel all of your rage and frustration into bettering yourself. Hit the weights hard, go jogging, and hit your job search extra-hard. Every time you start to slack off, think of how that ***** dumped you and use it as motivation to keep going.

On a serious note, there is no magic answer. But the best thing would be to funnel all of your rage and frustration into bettering yourself. Hit the weights hard, go jogging, and hit your job search extra-hard. Every time you start to slack off, think of how that ***** dumped you and use it as motivation to keep going.

This is seriously the best approach. Although, I do think putting a little time to wallow in your self pity is necessary, just get in and get out.

Getting dumped is hard. Here's a do and don't list of advice:

DO LIST

1) Motivate and push yourself to do something positive that you may have put off, such as going to the gym and getting into better shape, or perhaps learn to play a musical instrument. Whatever you've had in the back of your mind that you've put off, go for it.

2) Hang out with positive thinking friends, or friends who have gone through the same thing you are. Don't hang out with anyone who is going to shove shots of whiskey down your throat.

3) Since you don't have to worry about spending money on her, spend what you did with her on yourself. Go out and buy yourself something cool.

4) Keep yourself well dressed and groomed, even if you don't feel like it.

5) I mentioned this earlier, but working out and getting into better shape is great. If you already do, awesome. Keep it up.

6) Go outside and get some sun. Sunlight is good. It boosts serotonin in your brain, which is a natural anti-depressant.

THE DON'T LIST

1) No matter how much you want to, DON'T CALL HER. You will probably think at times "I need to let her know this. If I do, she'll come back." Don't rationalize to yourself like that. It usually makes things worse.

2) Don't sit around thinking about her.

3) Don't pick up any bad habits because you are depressed, such as drinking, smoking or over-eating. You don't won't to gain 50lbs.

4) You'll probably at times feel angry about this. If you run into anyone who knows her, don't talk about her. Don't ask about her. Do not lash out and say anything mean, even if she deserves it. If they tell you news that hurts you like "she's dating another guy", act like it doesn't bother you, even if your guts are ripping inside.

5) I would stay away from trying to make her jealous. Don't try to mess with a girl who's friends with your ex. It's best to find a new girl. It's a lot easier for girls to sleep with your guy friends than it is for a you to sleep with her friends, unless you are the "top dog" in your area.

I cry. Then I realize the best way to move on is to:

1) Get rid of everything that reminds you of them. Gifts, pics, facebook postings, emails, texts, phone numbers, etc.

2) Pick up a new hobby, or go back to something that you may have stopped once you started dating her. Join a rec sports league, take a class somewhere, teach yourself how to cook/paint/play the guitar, etc.

3) Hang out with your friends and family.

4) DO NOT CALL HER. Do not email her. Do not facebook stalk her (in fact, just unfriend her and bypass a ton of stress). And if she calls you, ignore it.

I'd suggest hacking into her email account, then sending threatening/disparaging messages to her boss and co-workers. Be sure to include some intimate details so she won't be able to say it was hacked (try to remember what she may have told you about her job, etc.).

I cry. Then I realize the best way to move on is to:

1) Get rid of everything that reminds you of them. Gifts, pics, facebook postings, emails, texts, phone numbers, etc.

2) Pick up a new hobby, or go back to something that you may have stopped once you started dating her. Join a rec sports league, take a class somewhere, teach yourself how to cook/paint/play the guitar, etc.

3) Hang out with your friends and family.

4) DO NOT CALL HER. Do not email her. Do not facebook stalk her (in fact, just unfriend her and bypass a ton of stress). And if she calls you, ignore it.

I know some guys throw away pics of their ex. I think guys should keep the pics, but just put them away for a time. After time passes and the ex's no longer depress you, the pics are easier to look at down the road. I saved pics of all my ex-girlfriends. Sometimes I pull them out and look at them. It actually makes me feel better seeing old lands I conquered lol.

1 - Play sports. When you are playing a sport you have to think of what's happening to avoid making a fool of yourself and/or injuring yourself severely. This also helps channel the aggression towards other men which might be happy and why should they get to be happy? (Note: this applies to real sports that require constant attention. Best to avoid golf and baseball or any other sport in which you could, if you wanted to, read a book while playing it.)

2 - Remind yourself that you are awesome. Many women can't tell the difference between self obsessed douchebaggery and confidence so if you can't have the latter because your life has turned into a lifetime movie display the former. If you send the signals out strongly enough some orange spray tan freak will pick up the sent and find you irresistible until she spots you crying in the morning.

I know some guys throw away pics of their ex. I think guys should keep the pics, but just put them away for a time. After time passes and the ex's no longer depress you, the pics are easier to look at down the road. I saved pics of all my ex-girlfriends. Sometimes I pull them out and look at them. It actually makes me feel better seeing old lands I conquered lol.

Yeah, that usually works out well until your future wife finds those pics while cleaning out the closet and starts asking questions.

Yeah, that usually works out well until your future wife finds those pics while cleaning out the closet and starts asking questions.

lol, once you're married, then yeah, it may not be a good idea. Usually the guys who just got dumped aren't gettin married anytime soon....unless they get drunk in Vegas.

Some good advice...and some really bad advice..

1) Allow yourself to mourn...for a little bit.

2) Think of all the bad stuff. Look -there will be PLENTY of time to remember the good times. But we have a nasty habit of remembering ONLY the good times. you guys broke up..there were bad things. Make a list of everything that was wrong and think about it.

3) remember that thing you wanted to do that she hated (Sit on the couch all weekend for a zombie movie marthon...Go out with that friend of yours she hated....dinner with the ex GF that you pormised her you were never talking to again...) what ever it was...go do it. Do it and don't feel guilty

4) Unfriend her on FB...along with all her friends. Seriosuly - I know you want to see where she is and with who...nothing good comes out of it. Unfriend her now.

You get mad, you try to rationalize, then you eventually with time realize life moves on and you can't let old relationships waste your time after the assumed grieving period.

Just do stuff to get your mind off them and the moment you are ready to date again, do it. Go to the bar, chat up with as many as you can, and get the swag back. God I hate that word....swag.

I spent nearly two years drinking enough to kill a horse on a daily basis after my divorce. I looked worse, felt worse, WAS worse.

One morning, I woke up and decided things had to change. I dropped nearly 70 pounds, started running and lifting, and get this...I look better, feel better, AM better.

Take a few days and feel sorry for yourself if you need to. That's understandable. But then pick yourself up, dust yourself off, control what you can control, and get back out there.

Best of luck. I know it sucks right now. But it DOES get better!!!

Let me tell you what you don't want to do.

You don't want to think of your ex on a date with a great looking guy. Much better looking than you. And you don't want to picture her having fun with him - laughing in a nice restaurant. The kind of restaurant you can't afford to go to.

You don't want to picture her sitting there wearing that outfit that she looks so great in. You don't want to think of her hair. Hey...did she lose weight? And did her boobs always look that great?

She seems really happy, doesn't she? She never looked that happy with you. And who is this guy? How did she meet him? How long have they known each other. Wait...that name...you recognize it. She's mentioned him before. How long has she wanted to go out with him? Was she cheating on you with him? Was she just waiting for him to be available before jettisoning your sorry ass?

And why is she smiling so much? Stop smiling.

Wait a minute...they're leaving. His hand is on the small of her back. That's awfully familiar of him, isn't it? They are getting in the same car? Where are they going? Why are thy going inside together? Why are they kissing now?

Hey......HEY....HEY!!!!! When did she learn to do THAT?!?! She never did that with you. Good Lord. Look at that thing. It makes you look like a three-year-old, doesn't it? Well...it's not the size of the....Holy Jumping Cat Fish! She has to be faking. No one is that loud. Especially not her. Another one? Already?!?! Well, I bet his stamina is not...Christ, what time is it? This has been going on forever. You have to get some sleep.

What do you mean? The best sex ever? She said that to you once. But she's not thinking about you right now. All she is thinking about is that...that...thing in her hand. Again.

Yea....don't do that.

Let me tell you what you don't want to do.

You don't want to think of your ex on a date with a great looking guy. Much better looking than you. And you don't want to picture her having fun with him - laughing in a nice restaurant. The kind of restaurant you can't afford to go to.

You don't want to picture her sitting there wearing that outfit that she looks so great in. You don't want to think of her hair. Hey...did she lose weight? And did her boobs always look that great?

She seems really happy' date=' doesn't she? She never looked that happy with you. And who is this guy? How did she meet him? How long have they known each other. Wait...that name...you recognize it. She's mentioned him before. How long has she wanted to go out with him? Was she cheating on you with him? Was she just waiting for him to be available before jettisoning your sorry ass?

And why is she smiling so much? Stop smiling.

Wait a minute...they're leaving. His hand is on the small of her back. That's awfully familiar of him, isn't it? They are getting in the same car? Where are they going? Why are thy going inside together? Why are they kissing now?

Hey......HEY....HEY!!!!! When did she learn to do THAT?!?! She never did that with you. Good Lord. Look at that thing. It makes you look like a three-year-old, doesn't it? Well...it's not the size of the....Holy Jumping Cat Fish! She has to be faking. No one is that loud. Especially not her. Another one? Already?!?! Well, I bet his stamina is not...Christ, what time is it? This has been going on forever. You have to get some sleep.

What do you mean? The best sex ever? She said that to you once. But she's not thinking about you right now. All she is thinking about is that...that...thing in her hand. Again.

Yea....don't do that.[/quote']

I found that quite arousing. Thanks.

Just to let you guys know i went to bed last night and cried myself to sleep. I woke up and all was about 50% better then it was last night. I have a fully booked weekend but the hardest part will be sunday when i have a family BBQ and her cousin will be there. and i know shes gonna dig. But after all should be better. I am gonna bury myself in my books since i have a huge exam in october and keep my self busy. Thanks all for your help and support

Archived