Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Dumped-How do you deal?

boston skins fan

Redskin Nation i turn to you.

I just got my heart trampled on by the girl i was seeing and am having issues dealing with it. So it got me thinking of ways people deal with heart break. Ive been told to bury myself in work and go on a bender.

I was wondering how you guys deal with it and hopefully one of your suggestions helps me out.

Thank you again.

Sorry brotha, been there before.

Basically just do anything to take your mind off her. Exercise is always good, go run a few miles. Play basketball. Go to the mall and buy some ****. Do anything productive. Basically just do something that will keep you occupied so you don't think of that dump tramp. Last thing you should do is just sit around doing nothing feeling sad because that will make you go crazy.

Also don't go on a bender, it will be an unhappy drunk. Go try to pull a chick if anything and smash some new kitty.

Chill with your boys for a few days, maybe a bender for a night, but really these just delay it until it hits you. Goal is, saving that for an opportune moment (3 day weekend where you can lock yourself away for a night or a chick that is into pity sex). Time really does work the best.

Just say to yourself that you were too good for her anyways. And do everything to prove yourself right. Work out excessively, take on new hobbies, go to the bar, hang out with real friends, and adopt the mindset that all girls are whores. Never let one get into your heart and rip it out. Make them earn your trust.

Benders are always good.

If you want revenge, call up her best friend--a shoulder to lean on.....and bang her silly.

Time heals most wounds amigo. This too, shall pass.

What girls have you dated? Obviously one with ****ty friends if they'll sleep with their best friend's ex-boyfriend immediately after they break up.

Sorry brotha, been there before.

Basically just do anything to take your mind off her. Exercise is always good, go run a few miles. Play basketball. Go to the mall and buy some ****. Do anything productive. Basically just do something that will keep you occupied so you don't think of that dump tramp. Last thing you should do is just sit around doing nothing feeling sad because that will make you go crazy.

Also don't go on a bender, it will be an unhappy drunk. Go try to pull a chick if anything and smash some new kitty.

This is what ive been trying but im unemployed so i have alot of time to fill. this happened on monday and im having issues finding **** to do bymyself. Ive went golfing alone, wondered around the mall, went to NYC and wandered around aimlessly, but its hard to keep busy when i have no job to go to to become a workaholic for a few weeks.

If you want revenge, call up her best friend--a shoulder to lean on.....and bang her silly.

This will be kinda hard since her best friend is her cousin. and shes married to my cousin.

Benders are always good.

Time heals most wounds amigo. This too, shall pass.

What girls have you dated? Obviously one with ****ty friends if they'll sleep with their best friend's ex-boyfriend immediately after they break up.

Just change the strategy slightly - call up on of YOUR female friends, and lean on her, and the empathy that is in inherent in chicks will play big on your favor, and might even score you some strange, or at the very least provide some comfort.

1.) Learn from it (what you could of done better or what to avoid in a woman from now on)

2.) Do NOT stew

3.) Invest more time in a hobby. If you don't have one, find one

4.) If you can't seem to get over her, write about it. Whether it's a poem or just a wall of text, just write how you feel. It's can be very effective.

You are 25. You still have a lot to learn. And that's a great thing.

This is what ive been trying but im unemployed so i have alot of time to fill. this happened on monday and im having issues finding **** to do bymyself. Ive went golfing alone, wondered around the mall, went to NYC and wandered around aimlessly, but its hard to keep busy when i have no job to go to to become a workaholic for a few weeks.

I don't understand how an unemployed person can golf, go to the mall, and wander around NYC. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I need to get on this Obama bandwagon.

How about working out? And certainly you saw some cute girls while wandering through the city.

There's not really any good way to deal with breaking up, especially if the relationship was serious or long term. Most of the time you've seen it coming for a while but it still sucks. Drugs and alcohol don't really help. They may make you feel wild or free in the short term but they can also make you feel even more pathetic.

I think the best thing to do in the end is focus on core things of your personality that you liked before you started dating, stay away from things you shared with your ex-girlfriend. Hobbies are definitely a good idea--something to fascinate you and take your mind off of what just happened.

I don't understand how an unemployed person can golf, go to the mall, and wander around NYC. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I need to get on this Obama bandwagon.

How about working out? And certainly you saw some cute girls while wandering through the city.

I got layed off in mass and moved to ny suburbs with my parents. The mass unemployment is one of the highest amount in the country. So i have money for bill and some left over to have some fun

Dude I'm in the same boat with you. I've been doing a lot of working out and outdoors stuff like biking my neighborhood and trials. Also just talk to somebody about it who you trust or is close to you and just get every thing off your chest from feeling sorry for youself to cussing her out. Its worked for me. Get well brutha.

It will suck for a little while no matter what man, but the best thing you can do is turn to your friends. Good friends can make things better fast. Get out and live your life, try some new stuff, go out with your friends, enjoy yourself. Life is short, make the most of it and you'll end up meeting another girl in no time. Good luck brother.

Crash a wedding.

Go to a bar and go ugly early, that way you get the best of the uglies. It's freeing.

:ols: Easily the funniest thing I have seen today. Thank you Chip. I needed that.

I got layed off in mass and moved to ny suburbs with my parents. The mass unemployment is one of the highest amount in the country. So i have money for bill and some left over to have some fun

No offense to you. But this is a large part of what's wrong with this country.

Thanks for patronizing McD to deflect from the fact your suggestion is obviously male fantasy land crap. And any girl that would sleep with her best friend's ex immediately after they break up is a straight up skank. Its dirty enough sleeping with your friend's ex ten years after the fact.

Walk on by.

It's hard, it sucks, but if you do you won't regret your actions in ten years.

You go the revenge route, you go the bender route.. you'll likely do things that you'll hate later. These people will go away, but that won't.

I've never seen the bender do anyone any good. All it does is make the people with you turn into your nursemaids while you piss yourself drunk.

You won't have fun, and you won't feel better afterward.

Bottom line:

It will get better. Bank on that. So let it get better, stick your chin out and walk on by.

~Bang

McD5 no offense taken ive been lookin for a year now and still nothing. Im a civil engineer and there is no work out there construction and infastructure work is down still. Im now on pace to get a job with the railroad to clean trains for a year just to get my foot in the door with the hope to transfer in the engineering dept. Thats a 25000 paycut. I think this one stings a lil more because i am unemployed and have nothing going for me right now besided football season.

I feel that, I was unemployed for quite some time too. It's not about becoming a workaholic though, just doing anything productive and positive. Go to an AA meeting even if you don't drink. Talk to people. And yes, friends are great to lean on, I can't believe I forgot that. Look for a job. It'll be cool man.

In the long run it's just a girl and she couldn't have been that great company or else you'd still be together. **** I think daily about this one girl who I loved I won't lie but then I just think screw it more time to explore and find myself. I am not like most guys though haha. If it's meant to be it will happen. Sex will come again with someone even hotter.

And don't listen to McD5 that guy thinks he is the coolest dude.

Crash a wedding.

Go to a bar and go ugly early, that way you get the best of the uglies. It's freeing.

McD5 no offense taken ive been lookin for a year now and still nothing. Im a civil engineer and there is no work out there construction and infastructure work is down still. Im now on pace to get a job with the railroad to clean trains for a year just to get my foot in the door with the hope to transfer in the engineering dept. Thats a 25000 paycut. I think this one stings a lil more because i am unemployed and have nothing going for me right now besided football season.

Like I said, it's nothing against you. I empathize with your situation--especially for engineers. There are many in your same situation. I'm just saying that the system is messed up.

Keep your head up, and get outside and try to have some fun.

I'm a female, so I don't know how much this will help....but when my college boyfriend and I broke up, I kept my schedule as normal as possible and filled my spare time hanging out with family and friends, playing tennis, and reading books. It helped to cry and talk to women in my family I respected like my mom and aunt and soak in their wise advice. Hanging out with family, though, really helped me the most. Sorry you are going through this, we've all been there at some point in our lives, most of us many times.

Archived