Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Dumped-How do you deal?

boston skins fan

after this most recent breakup, with the girl i thought i would marry one day, i turned to music to get me through the rough times. working a ton helps too. i think the hardest part was the 3 hour flight last week to visit family knowing that the empty seat next to me was supposed to be have her sitting there. it was a constant 3 hour reminder of what had just ended a couple weeks prior.

i have had my share of benders over this time frame as well. getting off work at 8-9pm, sitting at the bar doing shots and drinking beer until 3-4am and passing out. repeat the next day. not that i am recommending it, but doing that for 2 weeks everyday kept her off my mind. work was busy enough i didnt have time to think of her, getting drunk with friends and making new friends at the bar stopped me from thinking about it then too.

i have had contact with her, but i am ok with it for now. i'd rather see her happy in the long run, than be selfish. who knows, maybe one day it will come back around, but there is no waiting for that.

Archived