Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Dumped-How do you deal?

boston skins fan

The girl I am currently convinced I am in love with, I took to the airport to fly out and see her first love who she thinks she may still and always be in love with. Nothing has ever happened with me in this girl, but we've admitted to being in love with each other, but that we should stay friends. I just talked to her for the first time a second ago and she told me how she thinks it's nothing and they are just going to remain friends and she doesn't like the way he touches her. Now there's a bitter sweet conversation.

The girl I am currently convinced I am in love with, I took to the airport to fly out and see her first love who she thinks she may still and always be in love with. Nothing has ever happened with me in this girl, but we've admitted to being in love with each other, but that we should stay friends. I just talked to her for the first time a second ago and she told me how she thinks it's nothing and they are just going to remain friends and she doesn't like the way he touches her. Now there's a bitter sweet conversation.

"we've admitted to being in love with each other, but that we should stay friends"

This means you aren't in love. Seriously.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 05:42 PM ----------

Last post of last page he just checked in

That's what prompted my post. He cried himself to sleep, feels 50% better, and is preparing for a test in october? Nope not buying it.

I know some guys throw away pics of their ex. I think guys should keep the pics, but just put them away for a time. After time passes and the ex's no longer depress you, the pics are easier to look at down the road. I saved pics of all my ex-girlfriends. Sometimes I pull them out and look at them. It actually makes me feel better seeing old lands I conquered lol.

This sounds really sad actually.

edit: And not sad in a "oh I can't believe I let her go" kind of way, but in a seriously living in the past kind of way. Find a girl that you are proud of now and you don't have to live off of your previous "accomplishments"

"we've admitted to being in love with each other, but that we should stay friends"

This means you aren't in love. Seriously.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 05:42 PM ----------

That's what prompted my post. He cried himself to sleep, feels 50% better, and is preparing for a test in october? Nope not buying it.

Maybe you're right. There is a lot more too it than you'd know, but hey, it's possible.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 02:06 PM ----------

Why is it, everytime I see this thread title about getting dumped, I'm immediately reminded of the colonic irrigation thread ?

Because you have issues. Serious, serious issues. :ols:

This sounds really sad actually.

edit: And not sad in a "oh I can't believe I let her go" kind of way, but in a seriously living in the past kind of way. Find a girl that you are proud of now and you don't have to live off of your previous "accomplishments"

I think you are looking too deep. I don't get real emotional about it. I think when you throw things away like that, you actually are trying too hard to get over pain. Heck, why have a camera or a way to take pictures if you're just gonna throw them away? Pretty dumb IMO.

I rarely look at the pics, but when I do, I'm not thinking "oh, I wish I had her back". It's more of "Yeah, I tapped that hot piece of booty". lol.

Keep in mind, I'm not married. I'm sure that will change if I ever get married.

Yea I got what you're saying. And I think it's sad. But hey, what ever makes you feel better about yourself.

Why keep any pictures? Why keep a picture of a beach trip? Why keep a picture of a trip to the mountains? Why keep a picture of a car you used to drive? It's all in the past? Why dwell in the past? In fact, burn your baby pictures. It was so long ago. If you keep any pictures, it is sad. Throw your camera away. Worst invention ever. lol whateva

Why keep any pictures? Why keep a picture of a beach trip? Why keep a picture of a trip to the mountains? Why keep a picture of a car you used to drive? It's all in the past? Why dwell in the past? In fact, burn your baby pictures. It was so long ago. If you keep any pictures, it is sad. Throw your camera away. Worst invention ever. lol whateva

I agree. I only keep pics of things I have ****ed as well.

I don't even know where to begin.

I think it would be best if I left this one alone. You won't like what I have to say.

Side note: Some of you guys within the first 30 or so posts that I read really gave some pitiful advice. There were some good ones however, I remember Die Hard, keeastman, and GACOLB's mostly. Although I wouldn't say I agree with all that they had to say either.

Good Luck man.

Maybe you're right. There is a lot more too it than you'd know, but hey, it's possible.

I have no doubt that it's complicated. Nothing is ever as simple as we'd like it to be and I too have had those connections that endure and haunt. I dont know how to define that but ive been there and its confusing. The difference is that love isn't so passive when it storms into your life. Love takes your world and yanks the rug out from under it. Your friends get alarmed over the change they see and you consider running them down with your car if they jeopardize this thing you've found.

Love is a *****.

Been through this **** before

1. use anything from sports to video games to working out.

2. find someone who's willing to listen if you need to vent or whatever. Avoid getting into a conversation about it with her friends. ITS A LOSE LOSE SITUATION.

3. If there's anyone you thought you had a potential interest in or something take a chance at them. Might be a good way to get over. Think of it as a new project lol.

4 Quite simply it takes time.

5. Don't bother to call her. There's nothing to gain from it. Spilling your feelings will get you no where. It just makes you feel like **** and look desperate.

6. Don't go alcohol. I know when I got over one I spent a fair amount of time at bars with some friends. The friends part of that is good but drinking won't solve crap. It just reminds you of why your there and also it hurts your wallet too. On that same note DON"T DRINK AT HOME BY YOURSELF. Last thing you should do is get into a drinking fit by yourself over a chick.

I don't know what the particulars are here with this girl, but I would say number one is taking care of yourself. Work out, eat right, do some internal enlightenment(reading is good). focus on being happy with yourself. Don't drink heavily, it won't change anything. Getting laid is short term, but will help. Time heals all wounds and the sooner you pick yourself up and move on the better for you.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

and remember this could have been you.....

tastelesscake14av3-1.jpg

maybe i missed it, but did the OP say how long he was dating this girl?

9 months. Way too short of a time to be wasting on this girl. That's not even long enough to have lasting feelings for someone. I thought he just got dumped after a long relationship. Move on, dude. I wouldn't waste 2 minutes of my time on this chic.

Dude, the saying "time heals all wounds" is one of the most true you will ever hear. Fast forward to age 40 and you will not give a **** about this chick, and you will probably find it difficult to even remember a meaningful conversation you had with her. Seriously, I know it's difficult to believe right now, but it's true. As far as dealing with it right now, I think everyone has their own methods, but exercise is one of the best.

I get over break-ups rather easily. At the end of the day.... she doesn't want to have an intimate relationship with you. So why the hell would you want to be with someone that isn't into you? Why empower another human being like that?

Be comfortable with yourself. And resume being who you were BEFORE your relationship... and don't ever lose yourself again. In the end, this is all about you.

Getting sloshed, banging chicks, yada yada... that's not the advice from people with sound mind. That's just the easiest cliche-driven desperate behavior that any human being can think of.

Now, there's nothing wrong with any of that... if that's who you were all along :) But otherwise, don't let other people change who you are and your behaviour. Again, why empower someone like that.

But if you want to end up being someone's *****ch.... let me know. I could use one :ols:

This is really good advice. Getting drunk really won't help. I do know that in my case, getting laid has helped a ton in my past. It does a couple of things for me. It helps me feel as though there is someone else out there. That I am still attractive enough that I can be wanted, even if you just get into a friends with benefits thing, it helps. The last thing it does is after the first time you have sex with someone else, it makes me feel like I am over that person.

I am just being honest in what worked for me in the past.

Archived