Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skip Bayles Once Again Proves He's An Idiot

DM72

One of the topics on this morning ESPN First Take was "Giving Michael Jordan a year to get into shape, who would win a one on one game between him and LeBron James?" Skip said Jordan woukd win. In their primes, I'm chosing Jordan everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, but in 2011, no 48 year old Jordan isn't beatin no LeBron James. IMO, Jordan probably couldn't hang with most role players.

That's just my opinion.

Do some of you hate LeBron that much? No way would Jordan win now.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

One on one, Lebron would win off of athleticism and youth. In a team game, Jordon would win because of his experience and basketball knowledge.

48 year old Jordan wouldn't lead no one to a championship.

Im not a Wizards fan, so i dont have the hatred most do for LeBron. I do, however, think he is a douchebag to a certain extent.

In a one on one game, I think Jordan would have a decent chance. He's a better outside shooter and 1000% more clutch.

I'm tempted to pick Jordan for those two reasons. Hell, I'm 5'9" and in a high school b-ball camp I once won the one-on-one tournament simply because I was on fire shooting. I'd either shoot on the check or take one or two dribbles and pull up. So, Jordan has that chance plus the fact that he's much more clutch. Overall though, I think youth would win out. I'd be rooting for MJ though.

Being serious, in a short game. Let's say to 20 points, Jordan could hang. In a long game that lasts a half hour or more you would think youth would win. Then again, I saw Lebron playing against ten year olds and all he did was lay some bricks and commit an offensive foul.

48 year old Jordan wouldn't lead no one to a championship.

Sweet double negative. Looks like Jordan's leading everyone to championship. Awesome!

In all seriousness, I think Jordan would at least make a game of it. LeBron might win on athleticism and youth, but the old man would leave LeBron stunned once or twice.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 05:07 PM ----------

A 48-year old underwear pitchman...

That can still dunk.

You guys are forgetting that the athleticism MJ lost was only gained in old man strength. It's hard to go against someone with old man strength, and especially in one on one, all you need is a good fall away shot (check) and long range shot (check) to keep a more athletic person off balance.

Archived