Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skip Bayles Once Again Proves He's An Idiot

DM72

Anyone who thinks a 48 year-old Jordan would not get destroyed by Lebron James is out of their mind.

Amen. Lets put it this way, if Jordan still had that kind of game, he'd still be playing.

Anyone who thinks a 48 year-old Jordan would not get destroyed by Lebron James is out of their mind.

I remember very late in his career, the last year of his career in fact, Jimmy Connors went up against Andre Agassi. Agassi was a top player at the time and may have been number one in the world. After the game, Agassi talked about how Connors HAD been great, but now he's just not a threat and basically he doesn't even need to do any prep against him. Well, the two met again a month later, Connors swept him in straight sets.

Over a marathon age matters, but in a single game if the coot is determined enough he can womp up on the youngster. It's not all that unommon. Thank about your Dad playing against you in sports when you were a teen and he was in his late thirties or forties. Bet your dad wasn't even a world class athlete or as stubborn as Jordan either.

I remember very late in his career, the last year of his career in fact, Jimmy Connors went up against Andre Agassi. Agassi was a top player at the time and may have been number one in the world. After the game, Agassi talked about how Connors HAD been great, but now he's just not a threat and basically he doesn't even need to do any prep against him. Well, the two met again a month later, Connors swept him in straight sets.

Over a marathon age matters, but in a single game if the coot is determined enough he can womp up on the youngster. It's not all that unommon. Thank about your Dad playing against you in sports when you were a teen and he was in his late thirties or forties. Bet your dad wasn't even a world class athlete or as stubborn as Jordan either.

Dude, that's apples and oranges. And please don't compare a dad beating his teenage son to a prime LeBron vs 48 year old Jordan. If you think Jordan would win, you're just as looney as Bayles.

Do some of you hate LeBron that much? No way would Jordan win now

I do hate Lebron that much. And no, Jordan wouldn't win.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 07:28 PM ----------

Remember this video from two years ago. MJ's still got the fadeaway going:

Love that he asks the defender which side he wants him to turn and shoot from and the guy still can't defend it.

Dude, that's apples and oranges. And please don't compare a dad beating his teenage son to a prime LeBron vs 48 year old Jordan. If you think Jordan would win, you're just as looney as Bayles.

Jimmy Connors was an old man. Andre Agassi was at the top of his game and in his twenties. Connors won.

Agassi was better in basketball than Lebron is in basketball. Agassi was no. 1 and won grand slams. Lebron ain't no. 1 by a long shot. Jordan is a helluva lot better a basketball player than Jimmy Connors.

Besides, we all know that Lebron would wilt. Speaking of which, Wilt (is he still alive?) would anhilate Lebron even today at their respective ages. Wilt might be able to do it if he was dead. Lebron is a productive of hype.

And just because I'm a Wizards fan and this was on the same Slam! page I got the MJ fadeaway vid from, here's Nick Young do an eastbay (between the legs) dunk off the backboard:

Maybe we can get him in the Dunk Contest whenever the next NBA season happens. I'm sure Blake Griffin will jump over a McDonalds Big Mac and still win the title though :(

Jimmy Connors was an old man. Andre Agassi was at the top of his game and in his twenties. Connors won.

Agassi was better in basketball than Lebron is in basketball. Agassi was no. 1 and won grand slams. Lebron ain't no. 1 by a long shot. Jordan is a helluva lot better a basketball player than Jimmy Connors.

Besides, we all know that Lebron would wilt. Speaking of which, Wilt (is he still alive?) would anhilate Lebron even today at their respective ages. Wilt might be able to do it if he was dead. Lebron is a productive of hype.

LOL. I believe you meant to say Agassi was bettet at "tennis" than LeBron is at basketball. But one there's a couple of things you're no realizing. Conners was older, but he was still active. That makes a.huge difference. And tennis is a much different sport than basketball. A prime LeBron will blow right past a 48 year old Jordan. And like him or not, LeBron can defend. You think a 48 year old Jordan can blow past and shoot over a prime LeBron?

James is 6'8 250 and probably faster than Jordan at the moment. He wouldn't need an outside shot to win a game of one on one as Jordan would not be able to stop him from simply moving to the basket at will. I am not a Lebron James fan by any stretch of the imagination but faster, bigger, stronger is hard to deal with in 5 on 5. In a 1 on 1 situation it is a huge advantage.

LOL. I believe you meant to say Agassi was bettet at "tennis" than LeBron was at basketball. But one there's a couple of things you're no realizing. Conners was older, but he was still active. That makes a.huge difference. And tennis is a much different sport than basketball. A prime LeBron will blow right past a 48 year old Jordan. And like him or not, LeBron can defend. You think a 48 year old Jordan can blow past and shoot over a prime LeBron?

To be honest, I'm mostly goofing around, but I will say it's possible that old man Jordan could beat young pup James in a one on one game. Now, if it were best of seven, I'd go with Lebron, but for one game to 20 with the lights and cameras on, a crowd, and a month to prepare I think Jordan could get himself amped up enough to compete and win.

The advantage of youth is often in speed and endurance. So, in a series, I doubt Jordan keeps up, but if Jordan can get his shooters touch back in a single game... it could happen. We've certainly seen stranger.

Edit: And it's not very well known but Agassi was a helluva basketball player not only get he jump way over the net, he dribbled with a raquet.

One of the topics on this morning ESPN First Take was "Giving Michael Jordan a year to get into shape, who would win a one on one game between him and LeBron James?" Skip said Jordan woukd win. In their primes, I'm chosing Jordan everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, but in 2011, no 48 year old Jordan isn't beatin no LeBron James. IMO, Jordan probably couldn't hang with most role players.

That's just my opinion.

Yeah its pretty common knowledge that Skip can't stand James. And with good reason. But no way in hell does a 48 year old Jordan take James. The only way that would ever happen is if James just let him shoot jumpers without really guarding him. And even then, if Jordan missed, he likely wouldn't see the ball again. James would take him to the hole, easily.

But I'll just say, Skip is far from an idiot. I used to think that way back when I first started watching the show. But if you watch him alot, you'll see that he really does know his stuff. Every now and then he'll say crazy stuff just to get a rise out of people. Especially if its Ocho (who's a dick), James (no one likes), or TO (ditto).

I've grown to really like Skip. Hell, he pretty much dislikes everyone that I do.:ols:

---------- Post added July-23rd-2011 at 01:01 AM ----------

25 year old vs a 48 year old in a game of one on one?

I don't think Jordan would score a point

I hope you're kidding. He would score several of them.

I agree Bayless knows his stuff but something about his voice has this arrogance to it. I don't typically like watching him talk but he at least has an argument one way or the other. Typically I disagree with him though.

He's definitely arrogant. But "smug" is probably the correct word. But, trust me, if you watched him regularly you'd grow to like him. He's very entertaining.

Btw, Ryan Clark is on there every now and then. Really bright guy. And Lil' Wayne is on somtimes, too. Skip gives him props for knowing his sports. But actually, I think Skip's just being nice. Lil' Wayne is an idiot when it comes to sports.

But Robb Parker and Skip are a riot when they're on at the same time. Those two crack me up. Robb always says "poo-poo". lol Plus when Skip disagrees with him on something, Parker sounds almost as if he's gonna cry.

He's definitely arrogant. But "smug" is probably the correct word. But, trust me, if you watched him regularly you'd grow to like him. He's very entertaining.

Btw, Ryan Clark is on there every now and then. Really bright guy. And Lil' Wayne is on somtimes, too. Skip gives him props for knowing his sports. But actually, I think Skip's just being nice. Lil' Wayne is an idiot when it comes to sports.

But Robb Parker and Skip are a riot when they're on at the same time. Those two crack me up. Robb always says "poo-poo". lol Plus when Skip disagrees with him on something, Parker sounds almost as if he's gonna cry.

Good word, smug.

Yes, Lil' Wayne is an idiot most of the time.

The show is kinda cool if I know which one you're talking about. Skip does have funny expressions sometimes they are pretty phony though. I'd have a beer with him haha.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2011 at 12:53 AM ----------

And just because I'm a Wizards fan and this was on the same Slam! page I got the MJ fadeaway vid from, here's Nick Young do an eastbay (between the legs) dunk off the backboard:

Maybe we can get him in the Dunk Contest whenever the next NBA season happens. I'm sure Blake Griffin will jump over a McDonalds Big Mac and still win the title though :(

Dooooope dunk.

Good word, smug.

Yes, Lil' Wayne is an idiot most of the time.

The show is kinda cool if I know which one you're talking about. Skip does have funny expressions sometimes they are pretty phony though. I'd have a beer with him haha.

Robb Parker is the black guy on there that co-hosts with Skip most often. I think he used to be a writer for the Detroit Free Press. He and Skip going at it is pretty entertaining. And Ryan Clark, of course, is the former Redskins safety now with Pittsburgh. Didn't realize he was so bright.

The worst co-host on there is that Jennelle or Jamele or whatever her name is. The gal that usually wears braids. Can't stand listening to her.

Cool yeah I've tuned in a few times getting ready for work in the morning etc. seems cool I'll make sure to watch an episode all the way through if I can didn't know Clark was on there although I recall seeing his face on there now that you mention it.

Archived