Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Bodybuilders

Westbrook36

Not a chance.......the only people who don't laugh at these people in public are other body builders.

Wrong, the only people who don't laugh at these people in public are people who are open to and welcoming towards people who lead different lifestyles, no matter how screwed up their priorities might seem to be. but when have we as Americans, generally speaking, been a welcoming bunch?

Gotta get my protein shakes, dawg

Lol

And why do people insist on wearing UNDER ARMOR or NIKE or some sort of ATHLETIC WEAR

Man I just throw up some shirt and shorts and I'm good to go

Don't need any overpriced BRAND NAME gear to flaunt around no gym

I love this thread series. I'm looking forwqrd to the next installment

And for all of you pissing and moaning, what kind of original content have you put up? Take these threads for what they are for... Satire and viscous lampooning of demographics that need to be lampooned. Like women who put their funk nasty feet on the dashboard of their car and think its cute, tor instance :P

I think the funniest thing about body builders is that they are totally scared of any type of cardio workout because they are convinced they will lose muscle mass. the argument sounds completely ridiculous every time i hear it.

the people who are really in shape are the ones that can complete a moderate lifting regimen then go run 3 miles for a "cool down".

i don't want to even get started on the protein shakes and 1000 calorie smoothies...

No one likes bodybuilders. I was laying out at the pool yesterday and my chair happened to be next to a couple of Austrailian birds. Some guy came out to the pool and I will admit he was jacked. Probably a little too jacked if you know what I mean. Anyway, one of the girls says to her friend "Look at this guy walking out. He is disgusting. Why would anyone do that?"

I agree with you on this occasion. I never understood a lot of the guys out there I see who like to pretend they're in great shape because they're all muscled up. I've seen big muscled up guys get their asses kicked by someone who doesn't look quite as formidable. Hell, a lot of the guys who are really successful at things like the world's strongest man competitions are these big burly guys from out in the country who didn't get strong by lifting weights in a gym all day getting ripped. Sure they probably do it at some point to train, but there is strength from lifting and there is strength from working in the real world outside of a gym and the 2nd type has more applications from what I've seen.

I also don't get the super body builders who get these giant sized biceps. They think people are jealous of their awesome "bods" but most people feel sad for them. They have biceps which are large to the point of restricting their mobility. What is the point of that? To look cool? Ever see one of these cooooool guys walking down the street and their arms are constantly out to the side or at an angle or pushed forward because they did too much of one exercise or didn't stretch properly?

I dont get it.

Some of you guys sound jealous. You're kidding yourselves if you believe women do not like guys with muscles. It's programmed into their DNA. Women are attracted to guys that are physically appealing and tall. There are some things that help to compensate for the lackthereof such as superior intellect, sense of humor, social status, and wealth, but it's simply how they're wired. I would agree that they don't go for the bloated muscle-bound look, but they appreciate a well put together body on us just as we do on them.

my roomate is 6'5 230 and lifts like every day does the mma training blah blah bull ****. i never lift but yet ill still beat him in any sport other than mma. and im 5'11 170.

as kenny powers say i want to be the best in real sports not exercising.

AS FOR THE ABOVE ABOUT GIRLS

I GUARENTEE I CAN PULL ANY GIRL ANY ONE OF THOSE DUDES CAN. ITS NOT ABOUT LOOKS ITS ABOUT THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF.

My favorite bodybuilder archetype is the guy who's 5'2" and would naturally weigh about 105 lbs., but who's carrying an extra 60 or so pounds of bulging muscle. This is the guy who waddles around with his arms stuck out horizontally, who has to turn sideways to get through doors and who uses every movement as an opportunity to flex for his audience. These guys are like balloons waiting to be popped.

I don't have anything against weightlifters. That's cool and for those who are athletes and use weight training as part of their conditioning arsenal, I think it's great. I've done it myself in the past and was pleased with the results, especially as they related to playing sports. It's just that when I see one of these over-the-top overcompensating tools I laugh to myself at first, then kind of cringe at how pathetic the whole thing is.

Does anyone else also think there's more than a touch of homoeroticism connected to bodybuilding?

My favorite bodybuilder archetype is the guy who's 5'2" and would naturally weigh about 105 lbs., but who's carrying an extra 60 or so pounds of bulging muscle. This is the guy who waddles around with his arms stuck out horizontally, who has to turn sideways to get through doors and who uses every movement as an opportunity to flex for his audience. These guys are like balloons waiting to be popped.

I don't have anything against weightlifters. That's cool and for those who are athletes and use weight training as part of their conditioning arsenal, I think it's great. I've done it myself in the past and was pleased with the results, especially as they related to playing sports. It's just that when I see one of these over-the-top overcompensating tools I laugh to myself at first, then kind of cringe at how pathetic the whole thing is.

Does anyone else also think there's more than a touch of homoeroticism connected to bodybuilding?

lol I used to work with that guy, he was seriously about 5'4" tops, and was as wide as he was "tall". He also drove a huge pickup truck. It wasn't hard to see what he was trying to compensate for.

Anyone who takes pictures of their shirtless body, and even worse, posted them on a message board for other men to look at, no doubt. Check the Workout threads for candidates. :ols:

Some of you guys sound jealous. You're kidding yourselves if you believe women do not like guys with muscles. It's programmed into their DNA. Women are attracted to guys that are physically appealing and tall. There are some things that help to compensate for the lackthereof such as superior intellect, sense of humor, social status, and wealth, but it's simply how they're wired. I would agree that they don't go for the bloated muscle-bound look, but they appreciate a well put together body on us just as we do on them.

The only women that like guys with muscles or take muscles into consideration are girls that are named Tara or Tanya and work gigs like waitressing, stripping, bartending, etc. and go to nightclubs on the weekends. Most girls like if a guy is in shape but doesn't like muscled up guys. Well, unless they are trashy.

If I offended any of your wives/girlfriends, I apologize.

The only women that like guys with muscles or take muscles into consideration are girls that are named Tara or Tanya and work gigs like waitressing, stripping, bartending, etc. and go to nightclubs on the weekends. Most girls like if a guy is in shape but doesn't like muscled up guys. Well, unless they are trashy.

If I offended any of your wives/girlfriends, I apologize.

Your protein rant was hilarious. A lot of these people today taking all these supplements like testosterone or creatine or protein shakes or whatever. Me, I just run the cardio and run the free weights. I'm not a pro athlete, I don't use what the pros use. No protein shakes for me.

Sometimes I wonder if there's anything wrong with just working out normally without expensive "trendy" Under Armor gear and protein shakes. Can't a man just work out anymore

Anyone who takes pictures of their shirtless body, and even worse, posted them on a message board for other men to look at, no doubt. Check the Workout threads for candidates. :ols:

Eh. I've done it. I'm not a body builder, though. When you go from being a chubby **** to looking good, it's a point of pride. But to each their own.

I will say this, some of you are clueless. And no, I'm not a bodybuilder.

lol I used to work with that guy, he was seriously about 5'4" tops, and was as wide as he was "tall". He also drove a huge pickup truck. It wasn't hard to see what he was trying to compensate for.

Steroids will turn your weiner into a ****tail frank after all... :silly:

Have you seen him around at all? I worked with that guy for a few years, then he left. He came back not long ago, only now the muscles have turned to gut and flab. Not a pretty picture.

I forgot to mention another feature of this archetype: their pencil-thin legs. For some reason the Napoleonic bodybuilder focuses almost exclusively on his upper body. He tends to end up looking like a meat triangle perched on two pencils and topped with a maraschino cherry.

FAT power-lifters are the guys that crack me up the most. Do 1-2 reps, rest for 10 minutes...hog the rack, and go back and do more....

that's the routine.

There is a guy who does this at my communities gym. I hate him so much. He sweats like a mother and doesn't even clean up the machines he's using. Also hogs everything around him.

There is a guy who does this at my communities gym. I hate him so much. He sweats like a mother and doesn't even clean up the machines he's using. Also hogs everything around him.

The thing that gets me are the dudes that do like 10 sets on the bench or do only biceps for 45 straight minutes. You are not doing anything it is so stupid.

I don't think so. No more than say, picking up men at a gay bar, bringing them home with you and having sex with them.

Back when I was getting youtube tips on proper weightlifting technique I noticed several videos of guys just standing in front of the mirror posing and flexing. The youtube comments were all "dude, you have a great body! what is your routine?"

Yah. Little bit gay. Just a little.

Archived