Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Bodybuilders

Westbrook36

Bodybuilders, for the most part, are just ****ing lazy. Let me explain.

Lifting weights is not hard. I used to be a big lifter and the actual act of working out is not hard. It's not like running or doing anything that tears into your anerobic capacity. When I lift 225 lbs, I just keep doing reps until I can't do any more and then my spotter retrieves the weight for me. The entire set didn't do anything to me. It was just work. Running, crossfit, biking is hard. It never gets easy, you just go faster (Greg Lemond).

Bodybuilders don't work hard and are generally lazy. They have all convinced themselves that walking for 2 hours at 1.5 mph is what is good for them.

I will not argue the science of cutting fat during a cut or whatever some of them go through. The problem is that most of them don't do shows, aren't serious about cutting and never see any real results. Their entire life is just being lazy slobs. They lift for 2 hours a day, stuff their fat ****ing faces with tons of chow under the pretense of "bulking up" before the "cut" that is never going to materialize. I have seen this 100s of times throughout the years. Another thing is how Bodybuilders always have to treat themselves under the pretense that its all part of the plan. After a workout, you can be sure they are going to throw down an 900 calorie chocolate shake with 60 grams of protein and chocolate/peanut butter/whipped cream or whatever else makes it seem like a dessert for them. Hey, they worked hard doing sets that didn't even make them break a sweat.

I was one of these guys at one time; it is easy. Put on 30 lbs in like 3-4 months; got strong....well strong at lifting weights. My actual fitness level ****ing sucked. Throwing down 3 shakes a day, eating like a pig. Couldn't run to the end of the block without passing out.

Most times, what happens is that during their "cut", they actually just stop eating like a pig and eat like a normal person and stop working out (they actually get more lazy) and lose muscle/fat in proportion to get down to a weight thats maybe 10 lbs more than where they started from. Then they begin the ridiculous process again.

You know what the difference is between a power lifter and 99 percent of "body builders"? The power lifters have stopped lieing to themselves. How many old body builders do you come across? Not many. They all eventually wise up and realize that it is a full time job to maintain a decreased level of overall functional fitness and that they entire process is stupid.

In my martial arts training for the Marines, I have grappled with tons of muscled up guys. They are so easy to tap. As long as you stay out of their power zone and don't give them opportunities to replicate lifting movements, you are fine. They tire out easy, don't have the needed endurance, and don't know how to function their bodies using complex movements which allow for their entire body to work in concert for one specific task.

I would like to add that I see them wearing shirts like "I'll mess with Texas" and **** too. Also a high percentage of them always have a mustache or a goatee like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Bodybuilders, for the most part, are just ****ing lazy. Let me explain.

Lifting weights is not hard. I used to be a big lifter and the actual act of working out is not hard. It's not like running or doing anything that tears into your anerobic capacity. When I lift 225 lbs, I just keep doing reps until I can't do any more and then my spotter retrieves the weight for me. The entire set didn't do anything to me. It was just work. Running, crossfit, biking is hard. It never gets easy, you just go faster (Greg Lemond).

Couldn't you just lift a heavier weight?

A good workout routine includes both weights and cardio. Those that only lift weights to me are the same as those that only do cardio. It is important to do both and unless you are a professional athlete you do not need to weight 230 pounds and be jacked, and actually even if you have low bf% that is still not a healthy weight to be at past a certain age.

So does that mean you hate Derek Poundstone too?

They play the same damn ad every commercial break on siriusxm. All Poundstone does is talk about soy and then talk about how he is the "World's Strongest Man" every commercial break

We get the point boss

Actually shockingly, I agree with him for the most part on this one. I used to be a fairly heavy lifter in college and I realized after awhile it was doing nothing for me. Yeah, I had showy muscles, but as he pointed out, it was just show, there was nothing really functional about them, and I did get tired fairly quickly doing other activities, such as jiu-jitsu. Not to mention, though I'm not really the show-off type, even if I was, there weren't exactly opportunities to do so. It's not like I live near the beach, and since I didn't run or anything...yeah.

Not to mention, when I graduated college and entered the workforce, I didn't have as much time or motivation to work out, and well...those muscles get saggy. And in an office environment, they're pretty worthless.

I'm much happier now that I've picked up running and some P90X, I've slimmed down a bunch and feel like what strength I have is more functional for everyday life. Yeah, I can't go around throwing up 225 pound bench presses anymore, but I feel a whole lot better then I used to. I don't hate bodybuilders though, only the ones that scream obnoxiously.

---------- Post added June-30th-2011 at 02:54 PM ----------

So does that mean you hate Derek Poundstone too?

They play the same damn ad every commercial break on siriusxm. All Poundstone does is talk about soy and then talk about how he is the "World's Strongest Man" every commercial break

We get the point boss

If all the old World's Strongest Man's they used to run on ESPN haven't lied to me, his claims would be disputed by Nordic gentlemen named Magnus, Sven, or variations thereof.

Bodybuilders are disgusting looking. I can't believe these very same people are comfortable with every muscle known in the human body bulging out as well as bowling balls in there arms. It's disgusting looking and I can't imagine how they look at themselves in the mirror and say "Yeah I look good".

Bodybuilders are disgusting looking. I can't believe these very same people are comfortable with every muscle known in the human body bulging out as well as bowling balls in there arms. It's disgusting looking and I can't imagine how they look at themselves in the mirror and say "Yeah I look good".

Try it out sometime and maybe you'll even like it :)

I was one of these guys at one time; it is easy.

You were one of the people who most would describe as, "doing it wrong." People who are serous about bodybuilding are some of the most motivated people I know. Their attention to detail alone is enough to make most others quit. Sounds like you were quite the weekend warrior!

Yeah, sand kicked in my face. :ols:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0&feature=player_embedded

Bodybuilders don't have the stamina to do anything except pick up heavy weights and put them down. Most are fat, don't do exercises correctly, and go to the gym for the social aspect of being a big guy in hopes of impressing newcomers. If ever confronted by a bodybuilder, I'd just run around him in circles tapping him as I passed him each time. He wouldn't be able to get out of his own way.

Listen, I certainly didn't make this thread to hurt the feelings of the half assed weight lifters in this forum. Listen, 240 lbs and always in need of a protein shake to sustain life is not a bad place to be at. You look good. Really, you do.

I'm 185 lbs of pure excitement, BG. This thread isn't about me, though. It's about your buddies chalking up their hands without knowing why they are doing it, grunting for attention in the gym, and eating 2000 calories a sitting (gotta get my protein, dawg).

I'm 185 lbs of pure excitement, BG. This thread isn't about me, though. It's about your buddies chalking up their hands without knowing why they are doing it, grunting for attention in the gym, and eating 2000 calories a sitting (gotta get my protein, dawg).

For what it's worth, I don't really know any body builders and I'm far from one. Just razzing ya. I probably agree that the body builder lifestyle is dumb and destructive, but it seemed like a good opportunity to crack wise.

I'm 185 lbs of pure excitement, BG. This thread isn't about me, though. It's about your buddies chalking up their hands without knowing why they are doing i

Grip on the bar so you don't drop it and get kicked out for making loud noises... ;)

grunting for attention in the gym

Tools do that.

and eating 2000 calories a sitting (gotta get my protein, dawg).

In a sitting? Holy cow. That's like 10k a day.

Archived