Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Bodybuilders

Westbrook36

Shaving their body, the unnatural obsession with being ridiculously tan, being greasy in general, either from intentionally rubbing oil over their bloated bodies or just sweating all the time because they are carrying 20-30 percent more weight than their frames allow.

I can respect power lifters because their goal is to simply get stronger and they only partake in basic movements; squats, deadlifts, and bench. "Bodybuilders" have no idea how the human body works, normally do biceps 2-3 times a week without recognizing the irony that their biceps would get bigger by simply doing more legs since your body grows in proportion to itself and you should focus on the largest muscles in your body. Also, I love the ones that forgo legs vice doing a few calf exercises every other workout. God, what a pitiful segment of society.

I can respect power lifters because their goal is to simply get stronger and they only partake in basic movements; squats, deadlifts, and bench. "Bodybuilders" have no idea how the human body works, normally do biceps 2-3 times a week without recognizing the irony that their biceps would get bigger by simply doing more legs since your body grows in proportion to itself and you should focus on the largest muscles in your body. Also, I love the ones that forgo legs vice doing a few calf exercises every other workout. God, what a pitiful segment of society.

This is actually a really good point. I powerlift. But most of the people who do those things aren't body builders, either. They're people who have no idea what they're doing. The pros who do biceps 2-3 times a week are usually juicing, so their bodies can handle it. The non pros don't realize that in addition to doing leg training, their bodies would grow with more rest and proper nutrition.

In my martial arts training for the Marines, I have grappled with tons of muscled up guys. They are so easy to tap. As long as you stay out of their power zone and don't give them opportunities to replicate lifting movements, you are fine. They tire out easy, don't have the needed endurance, and don't know how to function their bodies using complex movements which allow for their entire body to work in concert for one specific task.

There's some truth to this, but the last thing you want to do is end up under a muscled up guy's side control when you're rolling.

Man most of these people you guys are complaining about aren't even bodybuilders, they're just your usual clueless gym rat. I suggest some of you look up Layne Norton, a natural bodybuilder and record holding powerlifter who also happens to have a Phd and wrote his thesis on protein synthesis, or even Doug Miller who is a molecular biologist and pro natural bodybuilder out here in DC.

This is actually a really good point. I powerlift. But most of the people who do those things aren't body builders, either. They're people who have no idea what they're doing. The pros who do biceps 2-3 times a week are usually juicing, so their bodies can handle it. The non pros don't realize that in addition to doing leg training, their bodies would grow with more rest and proper nutrition.

Actually no its more beneficial, especially for natural bodybuilders to hit each body part at least twice a week. Protein synthesis ebbs in the worked muscle after 48 hours and when you don't have a bunch of roids creating an environment conducive to near constant positive nitrogen retention, working the same muscle twice a week is the best substitute. However those two sessions don't have to both be maximal and actually westside has a similar set-up, when you think about it. Conjugate periodization for the win.

Man most of these people you guys are complaining about aren't even bodybuilders, they're just your usual clueless gym rat. I suggest some of you look up Layne Norton, a natural bodybuilder and record holding powerlifter who also happens to have a Phd and wrote his thesis on protein synthesis, or even Doug Miller who is a molecular biologist and pro natural bodybuilder out here in DC.

Actually no its more beneficial, especially for natural bodybuilders to hit each body part at least twice a week. Protein synthesis ebbs in the worked muscle after 48 hours and when you don't have a bunch of roids creating an environment conducive to near constant positive nitrogen retention, working the same muscle twice a week is the best substitute. However those two sessions don't have to both be maximal and actually westside has a similar set-up, when you think about it. Conjugate periodization for the win.

Biceps are hit when you train back as well as indirectly in other exercises. You don't have to hit a small muscle group such as biceps twice a week.

I don't think so. No more than say, picking up men at a gay bar, bringing them home with you and having sex with them.

Back when I was getting youtube tips on proper weightlifting technique I noticed several videos of guys just standing in front of the mirror posing and flexing. The youtube comments were all "dude, you have a great body! what is your routine?"

Yah. Little bit gay. Just a little.

I was at a bar once with a bunch of people and some guy we went to high school with walked up to a guy I was with and exclaimed "oh your working out dawg?! you look swole" All while literally feeling this guys muscles (including pecs), it was awkward.

Biceps are hit when you train back as well as indirectly in other exercises. You don't have to hit a small muscle group such as biceps twice a week.

Most people I know see very little growth by just relying on the indirect stimulus through back work.

Check this article out by Lyle Mcdonald on frequency for mass gains, he can explain things much better than I can.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html

"And while it’s still common to emulate the training pattern of elite (read: drug using) bodybuilders and bomb and blast everything once per week, my experience (and that of many others) is simply that the majority of natural trainees (and even many drug users) simply don’t get optimal growth that way. This is one of those cases where the athletes seem to be succeeding in spite of the training rather than due to it.

Which brings us to my preferred training frequency for the majority of folks seeking optimal size gains: somewhere between once every 5th day and twice per week. I find that this yields about optimal results for most people (and recent research supports that recommendation anyhow), offsetting the cons of both the higher and lower training frequencies."

Most people I know see very little growth by just relying on the indirect stimulus through back work.

Check this article out by Lyle Mcdonald on frequency for mass gains, he can explain things much better than I can.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html

"And while it’s still common to emulate the training pattern of elite (read: drug using) bodybuilders and bomb and blast everything once per week, my experience (and that of many others) is simply that the majority of natural trainees (and even many drug users) simply don’t get optimal growth that way. This is one of those cases where the athletes seem to be succeeding in spite of the training rather than due to it.

Which brings us to my preferred training frequency for the majority of folks seeking optimal size gains: somewhere between once every 5th day and twice per week. I find that this yields about optimal results for most people (and recent research supports that recommendation anyhow), offsetting the cons of both the higher and lower training frequencies."

When it comes to all of this stuff nobody really knows what they are talking about. Some people say only do compound exercises, others say isolate, others preach push/pull, others praise 5X5. The point is there is no one right answer each body is different and you should try different routines and switch it up in order to experiment and see what works best for you.

When it comes to all of this stuff nobody really knows what they are talking about. Some people say only do compound exercises, others say isolate, others preach push/pull, others praise 5X5. The point is there is no one right answer each body is different and you should try different routines and switch it up in order to experiment and see what works best for you.

I know what you're trying to say and I agree that it is indeed very important that each person takes the time to find out what they're body does and doesn't respond to, but you should really take the time to read some of Lyle's articles on that site I posted. Fact is some people do really know what they're talking about and happen to have double-blind peer reviewed studies to back it up.

Archived