Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how would you feel if the redskins kept albert haynesworth

TheRealBigRich

Personally, he can rot on the bench for all I care. Or he can pull a Lavar & buy his way out. Still, I'd rather we sit his punk ass to rot & never play another snap in the NFL.

Same for me here!

And since I don't want to spend a DE roster spot for him, I'd say, let's have him play on ST only. He'll never want to do it, so you can deactivate him every sunday :)

After the recent report about Haynesworth's conduct during the past year, it's impossible to keep someone who acts like that on the active roster. It's poisonous to team unity.

To keep him out of free agency by making him a non-roster player keeps him as a distraction. It's best to cut him and go forward with a fresh group mindset.

He's a greatly overrated player anyway.

Meh...it doesnt really matter. I would prefer to get some sort of compensation to ship him out somewhere, but if he's around its not going to change my outlook on the Redskins at all. Just another 100 threads on ExtremeSkins....

Fixed it for you. :silly:

Back to topic though, he can rot on the inactive list for all I care.

If he isn't willing to play the right way in the scheme, let him go. We could use the roster spot for someone that wants to be here. At this point, the Haynesworth experiment has been such an epic failure, it doesn't matter if we don't get compensation for him or if he plays for another team. I can't worry about what fatass is doing. I think its time to end this and let him go. We paid him. Shanny has sent the message already that this isn't a bank anymore. I think with him gone, the rest of the team can get down to business. With such a short offseason, its imparative not to have any distractions. We need to do whats in the best interest of the Washington Redskins, not whats in the best interest of Albert Haynesworth.

---------- Post added June-12th-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

dumb the redskins are just so scared of him that he might return to the division. We are wasting a valuable roster spot where we could find the next great superstar

This. Time to move forward. Move on. Cut your losses and prepare for the season. Who the hell would be scared of this lazy POS?

Since it has been pointed out that we plan to keep him, either we try to get production out of him, or we're wasting a roster spot out of spite. At least at the end of last season they suspended him. Either he gets on the field and plays, or we suspend him for not performing. Not to mention, while we're worried about the $21 mil bonus he received last offseason, we're still paying him a salary for the next two seasons (no way they keep him once the contract becomes ridiculous after year 4).

I never understood how Haslett and Shanahan agreed to just play him on 3rd downs, and in nickel packages. Did he really say 'This is the only time I'm playing' and both of them said 'ok'? Doesn't make sense to me. Couldn't they have suspended him at that point for insubordination?

He needs to go at some point... But here's the thing... We're in a lockout. When it ends, someone is going to need a DT.Teams are going to act fast to sign FAs and 92 will be available. Someone very well MAY offer us something for him.

If we weren't in a lockout I would have wanted him gone three months ago.

He needs to go at some point... But here's the thing... We're in a lockout. When it ends, someone is going to need a DT.Teams are going to act fast to sign FAs and 92 will be available. Someone very well MAY offer us something for him.

If we weren't in a lockout I would have wanted him gone three months ago.

Everyone has been saying that since Shanahan came on board. No one is giving us probably higher than a 5th or 6th for Haynesworth. If they're spiteful enough to not try and make the relationship work, I don't think they'd trade him just to get rid of him. And that'd be assuming that the trade partner would be willing to take on his existing contract, which is in essence two years, with salaries of: $5.4 mil and $7.2 mil. With the wonderful job he and Shanahan have done of devaluing his worth, why would a team take that chance? He's shown himself to be uncoachable, and lacking motivation.

Personally, I am really tired of hearing about him. I would be ok if Shanny made him become a non story. I think the best way to do that is the first time AH comes up with a broken fingernail (probably a broken fingernail by reaching for food on the table at a team meal) to put him on the non football related injury list. This way he doesn't make all the money but doesn't play either. Then do the same thing next year, and the next year, and the next year.

I would be pretty upset, but at this point in the lockout and the short free agent period it appears we are stuck with him. Who would want him?? Perhaps we are better off keeping him, hoping he plays half way to his potential, then being able to get something for him. Here is a big WHAT IF, what if he plays like he cares and then our defense flourishes because of it? What if he is a major reason we have a winning record and in the playoff hunt? Suppose we are 5-3 half way through the season, how would Albert's image change with Redskins fans?

How much different would it be if the Redskins ran a 4-3 defense? Would Albert Haynesworth be a team player? He should have gotten suspended at the end of the year. It doesn't matter what type of defense the Redskins are running. Haynesworth has shown how unprofessional he is. He should have just been professional enough to do what the defensive coordinator asked of him.

How much different would it be if the Redskins ran a 4-3 defense? Would Albert Haynesworth be a team player?

His first season with us was in a 4-3. He didn't like it, no difference to the 3-4. With Albert it's not the scheme...

I say keep him if it helps your case in suing him for the money the Skins paid him.

They shouldn't waste a roster spot on someone that they want to file suit against. That would just be more media headaches, and like this season, would give the media something to focus on rather than focusing on the kids this team just drafted and how well they play.

If Haynesworth is with the team at the start of the season, I would be hopeful he'd been showing enough to: (1) bring some kind of value to whatever limited role he played in Haslett's defensive schemes, and (2) raise NFL perceptions of his value to another team.

At this point, I don't think Haynesworth can stay with the Skins -- there's too much history now for any long-term solution to be worked out. But I do think Albert can pull it together for a few games, at least long enogh to convince some NFL GMs that he can play well for the right coach and right scheme. So, to answer this thread's question --how I'd feel if Albert had emerged from the preseason and still was on the roster -- I'd be hopeful some team was becoming interested because there had been no new Haynesworth controversies that had erupted . . . yet.

Bottom Line: I really hope the Skins' FO doesn't lose its patience and simply release Haynesworth outright. Besides losing out on any compensation, I worry that he'd land with the Eagles, and make life tougher on the Skins.

At this point, the Skins' best leverage for convincing Haynesworth to 'buff up' his 2011 trade value -- is to suggest they'll be keeping him in some minor role, leaving him to languish in duties that erode his NFL stature/skills --and that they'd then release him late enough into the 2012 pre-season that he'd have trouble hooking on with another team for decent money. The Skins would also need to threaten that while Albert remained with the Skins, they'd be looking for any breach of contract activity that would allow their lawyers to regain some of the money they'd paid him. In short, the Skins need to create a situation that makes it worth for Haynesworth to try and make it possible to move himself on terms the Skins would like.

I say keep him if it helps your case in suing him for the money the Skins paid him.

I'm torn on this one. Taking money back from one A hole only to give it to a bigger A hole is not exactly my idea of justice. As for the topic I do not understand why the radio guys seem to think this is a possibility. I can't see any way this happens, no way they will go through this again. I've always been in favor of making a deal, any deal, to get something in return. If we cut him he just gets what he wants, then there is a very real possibility he ends up in the NFC East. And obviously he will be motivated to play in exactly 2 games all year.

am i the only one who remembers haynesworth when he stood up for D Hall twice? Once in Atlanta when an entire sideline (including coaches) surrounded Hall and Haynesworth stepped in to even things out.

and when Brandon Jacobs threw Hall and took a swing at him, but haynesworth yet again stepped in to help out.

he can be successful, and we can be successful. get some teammates behind him like he used to do for them. i say keep him, and play him.

Archived