Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how would you feel if the redskins kept albert haynesworth

TheRealBigRich

Shanhan embarrassed him pretty good last year with the conditioning tests and suspension. Albert then added to it with his "sleep on the job" performance against Philly.

I'm no longer in the same mood towards Haynesworth as I was last year. Last year I wanted to keep him and let him rot. This year, now that he's been humiliated by Shanahan, we can get rid of this trash. I'd still like to get a decent draft pick for him but I'm not quite as hung up on that as I once was.

I wouldn't feel good at all. I maintained all last offseason that having Albert around would be a disaster at worst and a nagging distraction at best. Of course I was right as it turned out to be somewhere in between.

The time to cut this joker loose - at any cost - was over a year ago. It's long overdue. He has to go, nothing good comes of him hanging around. If they can't get anything for him, fine.

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 11:33 AM ----------

Personally, I am really tired of hearing about him. I would be ok if Shanny made him become a non story. I think the best way to do that is the first time AH comes up with a broken fingernail (probably a broken fingernail by reaching for food on the table at a team meal) to put him on the non football related injury list. This way he doesn't make all the money but doesn't play either. Then do the same thing next year, and the next year, and the next year.

Gee that's a great idea. Actually it's not.

He'd still be a distraction, he'd still be hanging around. Skins fans need to stop being so petty and consult the age-old axiom about cutting off one's nose to spite their face. He's got to go, or he hurts the Skins. "Teaching him a lesson" is a ridiculous goal - this isn't grade school.

What Shanahan failed to grasp is you can't shame a player that simply isn't all that committed to playing football.

Haynesworth is in the NFL because he had a skill he could get paid for. Now that he has the money there is little motivation for him to put himself through the grind.

I believe unlike some others that Haynesworth was and would continue to be a problem whether the team went to a 3-4 or stayed in a 4-3.

Remember 2009? Haynesworth came to camp 25 pounds over-weight and had to take oxygen on the field.

And that was way before Shanahan showed up with Haslett.

Haynesworth's wife told the media that Albert was erratic and had become self-destructive.

The Redskins should have believed her.

If he'll play to his ability, then fine, by all means keep him... but there is absolutely no way to tell if he'll play.

a good analogy would be..

Haynesworth is to the 'Skins as constipation is to me... You sit on the porcelain expecting to produce, you know its there, but instead it just sits there and hurts your stomach, takes up room. and in this case, it should just hit the bowl

If he'll play to his ability, then fine, by all means keep him... but there is absolutely no way to tell if he'll play.

a good analogy would be..

Haynesworth is to the 'Skins as constipation is to me... You sit on the porcelain expecting to produce, you know its there, but instead it just sits there and hurts your stomach, takes up room. and in this case, it should just hit the bowl

What a foul analogy! LOL

am i the only one who remembers haynesworth when he stood up for D Hall twice? Once in Atlanta when an entire sideline (including coaches) surrounded Hall and Haynesworth stepped in to even things out.

and when Brandon Jacobs threw Hall and took a swing at him, but haynesworth yet again stepped in to help out.

he can be successful, and we can be successful. get some teammates behind him like he used to do for them. i say keep him, and play him.

I'm sure OJ loved puppies too.

Just sayin'.

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 04:32 PM ----------

What Shanahan failed to grasp is you can't shame a player that simply isn't all that committed to playing football.

Haynesworth is in the NFL because he had a skill he could get paid for. Now that he has the money there is little motivation for him to put himself through the grind.

I believe unlike some others that Haynesworth was and would continue to be a problem whether the team went to a 3-4 or stayed in a 4-3.

Remember 2009? Haynesworth came to camp 25 pounds over-weight and had to take oxygen on the field.

And that was way before Shanahan showed up with Haslett.

Haynesworth's wife told the media that Albert was erratic and had become self-destructive.

The Redskins should have believed her.

+1

I can't believe there are postrers here who actually want to go down this road again. That is unbelievable to me. He was a punk in Tennessee and as mentioned long before Shanny and the 3-4 arrived in DC. Why in the world would anyone here expect things to change.

He is a bad guy. He will always be a bad guy. On and off the field. This will not change.

What DC/team would want him, he only going to do what he wants to when he wants to do it? I can't see any other team even wanting him after he is cut and don't see any kind of trade value for him, he will still want the big contract and he's not going to but forth any effort once he has it. I think he screwed himself last year, esp. laying on the ground watching the football game. Point is, if he had done this for another team last year, would you want to bring him to yours?

The best time for AH is get his fat/lazy butt in gear for the skins this year and maybe someone would take some interest on him in 12, other than that, IMO he is probably done for.

That SOB is the exact opposite of what Shanahan is claiming to want in a player. Keeping him around threatens the credibility of the new regime. So I would feel that I'd been lied to.

-fm

I wouldn't look at it as opposite what Shanny claims or a credibility issue. Shanahan is well known for putting any problem players in the doghouse, if he feels he can't get good trade value.

I think Shanny's doing two things: 1. Making an example of Haynesworth. 2. Part of "making an example" is that while Haynesworth gets 3-4 mil to do nothing, it's probably less than he would have made with another team if Shanny had cut him last year. And Haynesworth's career is being ruined. Again, the money is relative, Haynesworth had money problems BEFORE the lockout, with a bank already taking legal action about a loan they gave Fat Boy.

Archived