Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how would you feel if the redskins kept albert haynesworth

TheRealBigRich

I was listening to the radio earlier today and they were talking about what if the redskins kept fat al. A lot of the callers were saying what they would do if Albert was still on the team and that made me want to ask. I know I would still love the skins but it would be harder to but that's just me. So the question is what would you do if he was still here first game of the year?

Meh...it doesnt really matter. I would prefer to get some sort of compensation to ship him out somewhere, but if he's around its not going to change my outlook on the Redskins at all. Just another thread in the fabric....

It doesn't matter if he is or not because by the time the season starts he will be of no use to the team or any trade value. I would keep him and cut him at the last cut so he doesn't have any chance to get on with another team to be productive. If he is here after that then let him just ride the bench so his value will be less after they do let him go.

Well....I don't think it's possible that Shanny trots him out there again unless he's back to Titan form. Let me clarify that...contract year form.

I don't see this happening, but hey....I wouldn't mind it. If not, he sits on the bench/inactive. Again....I really don't mind, he can rot there if he doesn't want to give the effort. Its up to him.

This is the last regime's mess, no matter what the outcome......its going to be cleaned up, and that's at least a step in the right direction.

Honestly, if they can get him to play, who the hell wouldn't love it? I'd say keep him, bench him and fine him till we get the amount of money back of that check he took ($21 mil I believe?). Then trade him OUT OF THE DIVISION.

Personally, he can rot on the bench for all I care. Or he can pull a Lavar & buy his way out. Still, I'd rather we sit his punk ass to rot & never play another snap in the NFL.

Eventually, he is going to wind up with no money, as well as being all alone. And he will have no one to blame but himself.

Eventually, he is going to wind up with no money, as well as being all alone. And he will have no one to blame but himself.

This ultimately how the story will end. He will be as financially broke as he is morally. He’s the biggest POS to ever wear the BnG....BAR NONE.

I hope he is on the roster and never plays a game again.
But if you do take that check, I’m just not gonna cut you and let you go out and go to another football team and get another payday

We get a pick or he rots.

Personally - I'd like for Al to show up and ball. But it really doesn't look like he has the fire for the game.

Personally, he can rot on the bench for all I care. Or he can pull a Lavar & buy his way out. Still, I'd rather we sit his punk ass to rot & never play another snap in the NFL.

Ok, so what's the deal with him and his huge contract as far as other teams are concerned? I don't hear much talk about that. Does any trading team have to take the remainder of his insane contract, number for number? Can they change the contract (make it less) during the trading process, or they have to sign him, then redo a new contract once he's on the team? Boy, that would be nice and embarrassing to see a team take him and say "Al, we're chopping your contract to a fourth, you're making way less money now." His reaction would be priceless, I'm sure. I'd like to see that.

And I just realized even a fourth of his contract is still a lot, and more than he's worth. geez :doh:. considering his actions lately, I would think he'd have to take a HELL of a paycut. Rotting Al on the bench would be perfectly fine with me tho, and seems pretty likely, I guess.

I say keep him, dont let him off the hook. I would hope that maybe someday he will realize that he isnt going to get his way, and would play, "which we all know when he decideds to play he is very good". If he dosent come around, and remains unwilling to be a team player let him sit on the bench like a big baby. He is ruining his own name by doing this, it will go down in history that he got a big contract and became worthless.

Agreed....if he is still on the team I'd like to see the coaching staff have him wearing sweats and a hoodie EVERY Sunday afternoon watching the rest of the guys play ball. Just have him inactive for all 16 games.

Archived