Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Jim Haslett describes Albert Haynesworth in a nutshell: “He doesn’t want to do anything

authentic

It was suggested a 4th round pick was on the table. If that's the case, Mike should have pulled the trigger and it was a dumb move.
The theory in the press and fans then was: Don't let a player take a big payday from one team, then deliberately not perform and get a trade to another team where he gets another payday.

I agree. Sure Fat Albert's getting 3-4 mil per year for doing nothing. It's less than he would have gotten if he had worked honestly, and his football career is being ruined. I just wish the Skins could not pay him and still hold on to his rights.

Fat Albert and his agent are probably rooting for no new or continuing CBA.

Let Haynesworthless rot on the bench, and get further in debt with lawsuits, banks, etc. If he's not already broke, even with income you or I would be set for life with, Fat Albert will be broke soon.

The theory in the press and fans then was: Don't let a player take a big payday from one team, then deliberately not perform and get a trade to another team where he gets another payday.

The only concern should have been what is in the best interest of the team and not some penis measuring contest between AH and Mike. That's my only concern. If we missed an opportunity to add somebody that is willing to contribute and play as a result of childish, egotistic nonsense, I don't think this course of action was very judicious.

The only concern should have been what is in the best interest of the team and not some penis measuring contest between AH and Mike. That's my only concern. If we missed an opportunity to add somebody that is willing to contribute and play as a result of childish, egotistic nonsense, I don't think this course of action was very judicious.
It's not penis measuring. It's about letting a piece of crap player agree to take a huge lump sum up front and try to skip town.

And if he does that, then the media (and us on ES) are all over the Shanahans for "rolling over" and letting that fat piece of turd get exactly what he wanted. Wouldn't have been any different than if Zorn were still here.

Is there anyone out there who'd still sign him all over again? Frankly, with all of the red flags staring them in the face the second he became a free agent, the team is getting just what it deserves over him. I feel sorry for the new coaching staff brought in, having to deal with him when, most likely, they wouldn't want him in the first place.

You dont need to be fast to get away from Haynesworth

If you're standing in his way in the buffet line, you do!

I understand the point you make - but think a little longer term. The message being sent to the whole squad and future free agents is you will be held accountable for your effort and performance. Dont think you can take a big check and then pout or just not perform your way into a trade and out of town weeks after cashing your money. If you are getting paid we expect you to perform and conform.

In the short term not trading Haynesworth hurts us but not caving in to him helps longer term as part of the culture of performance, accountability and team Shanny is trying to build.

Not surprised by this but some of you on here have me lost.

We can only have so many people on the team and those of you wanting to sit his ass on the bench to rot all do understand that if we were to do that it likely means a more deserving player won't make the roster?

Why are some of you wanting us to go into next season down a guy because you want to keep Albert here?

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

That's a damn shame. Haynesworth is a diva and a knucklehead. If Bruce and Mike are unable to move Haynesworth, then they have no other option than to keep him. Fat Albert is just taking up space.

Disagree completely with the bolded part.

You know they can cut him right?

If you pretend to care about the dumb contract that Snyder gave Albert (It's not your money) remember that most of that came off the cap book last year in the uncapped season. The cost to cut him won't hurt us that much.

And at some point this team just needs to move on from this disaster and get it in the rear view. Or we could hold onto him and watch his value slip that same slope that Snyder took 6 Flags stock. That went down, never came back to anything. An investor would have been much better off selling that stock for a small loss then to watch the investment go down the drain to nothing. Alberts the same way to me. If you think he can turn it around and become productive once again you keep him. I don't think for a second that Albert after everything has gone down here will ever put the effort into it to turn his career around. If you think he can turn it around then could you explain why you think that? I don't doubt that new surroundings could motivate Hanyesworth but as for us getting the benefit of him playing well that ships sailed imo

He doesn't like the 34 defense, he had a problem with the 43 Greg Blache ran so trot his big ass out on special teams: ) While I would love to see him rot on the bench for the rest of his career. After dealing with this jackass for the past few years I'd much rather let karma do her job. Fondlesworth's roster spot should go to a player that WANTS to play whatever position they are asked to and do it to the best of his abilities.

I'm NOT trying to defend Haynesworth, but the reason he didn't like Blache's 4-3 was because Blache didn't allow his d-line to attack much. The DL in his defense was gap control, and I think Albert just wants to freelance. It's kinda like another LaVar situation.

And if he does that, then the media (and us on ES) are all over the Shanahans for "rolling over" and letting that fat piece of turd get exactly what he wanted. Wouldn't have been any different than if Zorn were still here.

He already screwed us by getting his bonus money. At this point it's about doing what's best for the team. Keeping him on the roster will just create problems. Let him go already and let him be someone else's headache. I'm all for rolling over, because by us paying the bonus in full, we already did. Let him go.

He already screwed us by getting his bonus money. At this point it's about doing what's best for the team. Keeping him on the roster will just create problems. Let him go already and let him be someone else's headache. I'm all for rolling over, because by us paying the bonus in full, we already did. Let him go.

i'm fine with deactivating him every game. Snyder should get all "Laverneus Coles" on him...Send him a TV, let his fat @$$ watch the game from home.

I do not agree with just letting him go, but I also understand why you wouldn't want to waste a roster spot on him just to let him rot. He's a cancer, a horrible human being, and not good for our culture change and roster overhaul.

You also don't want to just cut him so he can sign with the Eagles on the cheap. Best case scenario is to take ANYTHING from an AFC team. Trading him for a 7th round pick outside the conference might be the best we can do.

It really sucks he pulled a heist on us, but that is Vinny's legacy and a sunk cost. Let's just be glad Bruce did an overall excellent job in utilizing the uncapped year and saving us from the horrendous cap position Vinny left us in.

i'm fine with deactivating him every game. Snyder should get all "Laverneus Coles" on him...Send him a TV, let his fat @$$ watch the game from home.

Problem with this is that the roster spot that piece of crap takes up could go to another more deserving player. If we could deactivate him and he not count against the 53 man limit I would agree with you but this team needs motivated players who are team players and needs to continue purging the over priced, selfish premadonnas like this. If he takes a roster spot from a rookie that shows flashes of getting the NFL game then to me that is a tragedy

Archived