Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Jim Haslett describes Albert Haynesworth in a nutshell: “He doesn’t want to do anything

authentic

No point throwing good money after bad. He seems to be due another $5m this year.

I think he'd take that & be quite happy sat on the bench.

The way I see it, we've basically got our DC to tell the world what Al's all about, just incase they weren't sure already.

May as well drag his reputation through the mud a bit more before we cut his ass.

Those of you that want to keep Al and deactivate him or bench him every game realize that Shanny would just be fanning the flames of another media circus that will last all year long AGAIN dont you?. Either play him or cut him. Shanny botched this one and he just needs to admit it and move on. Those of you who say that Shanny realizes his mistake with McNabb and is smart to want to move on now should be saying the same thing about the Haynesworth situation. If your not than your just contradicting yourself and bending over backwords to just agree with anything Shanny is doing.

Shanny knew he would have problems with him when he switched the defense to a 3-4, because AH made it known when he was a free agent that he didnt want to play in a 3-4, and he could of ended the circus at the begining of training camp by just letting him practice and who knows how things would of turned out. But instead he chose to have a pissing match with him publicly and look where that got us.

AH deserves his share of the blame for sure but to act like Shanny is perfect and doesnt deserve any blame in this situation is laughable to me. Its ok to admit the bad moves Shanny has made already...it doesnt make you less of a fan.

Who are we making a point to by keeping him? Other free agents who might think they can cash out here? Make a point to those players by not signing them anymore. If we claim we are going to be bringing in team oriented players from this point on, we don't need to make any point. We can just move on with those team oriented players. It's time we let him go.

Remember Shannahan was happy to trade Al before he took the $21 million. He took $21 million, promised to play a role asked then acted like a douche.

If we don't get we want for any trade I can see a scenario where we keep him, give him fitness tests he can't pass and suspend and fine him for the same reasons as last season. I would support the club if they did that.

We want a change of culture at the club and how does giving Al his guaranteed money and let him flip the bird to the coaches and get to walk away help change the culture of free agents at this club?

No, I am fine with Shannahan treating him the way he did Darryl Gardener. I think overall it sends the right message about who is in charge and will hopefully change the culture of free agents who want to come here for a pay day but not to work.

AH deserves his share of the blame for sure but to act like Shanny is perfect and doesnt deserve any blame in this situation is laughable to me. Its ok to admit the bad moves Shanny has made already...it doesnt make you less of a fan.

How about all of his fault. He has a $100 million contract. He should play what he is told and do it to the best of his ability. No more excuses for this guy. I applaud Shanny for hold Fat Al accountable. That is what this franchise has been missing since Gibbs II. No way the Skins should have cut him last year and let him go win with another team on the Skins dime. Shanny did not sign Fat Al. They were going to pay him guaranteed money anyway because of Vinny. I do agree now that his contract has fell off a cliff as far as annual salary he should be cut.

I have a question - assuming there is football this year ... If the Shanahans cannot trade him even for a ham sandwich I was wondering if you could come up with a conditioning test which Big Al will not be able to do could they put him on the PUP list - tell him to stay away from the park then release him as close to game one as possible .

While I suspect some will decry Haslett for bad mouthing a player the team wants to trade, I doubt there is any way the whole NFL knows what they would be getting for that tub of goo.

I have to applaude Haslett for actually venting his frustrations with FA.

And to think there were people on this board who spent all season arguing that not getting rid of Haynesworth was a good idea cuz Shanny had to make a point. As if Shanny changing the culture was worth all this nonsense that's never ending. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

And to think there were people on this board who spent all season arguing that not getting rid of Haynesworth was a good idea cuz Shanny had to make a point. As if Shanny changing the culture was worth all this nonsense that's never ending. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

There still are, because it still was. The point was, you can't come here and dictate your terms after you sign the contract. If you want to try that, you'll get exposed as a piece of crap, and will lower your value.

I have a question - assuming there is football this year ... If the Shanahans cannot trade him even for a ham sandwich I was wondering if you could come up with a conditioning test which Big Al will not be able to do could they put him on the PUP list - tell him to stay away from the park then release him as close to game one as possible .

I believe that the conditioning test has to be the same test that is administered to all the players on the team.

At least thats what they were saying last year when he failed the test, that all the other players that missed ota's had to take the same test and all the others passed.

I am just hoping he is gone. If we get something for him then its a bonus.

But I do have a question in regards to if we release him.

He becomes a free agent, correct ??

So depending on how he does with a new team.

would that entitle us to a comp pick next year ??

He should be named the team mascot, Chief Runs With Dollars. Really fits the DC area. Fans should be encouraged to throw trinkets at him during commercial brakes.

Or, if that's not PC enough for you, how about manual groundskeeper. The man can flatten some grass, it's a skill.

Awesome idea. Screw him as much as possible... not that he would practice with any other team anyway.

-fm

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

Awesome idea. Screw him as much as possible... not that he would practice with any other team anyway.

-fm

Better yet.... hire a private investigator to follow him around. It probably wouldn't take a week before Big Al would do something worthy of ejection from the league, or better, prison.

-fm

I wonder what Vince Lombardi would have done if this lazy ass kept reading the paper or playing with his phone after he told him not to.

Actually I don't need to wonder what he would have done, I already know..................he would have kicked his ass all over the field is what he would have done.

But I do have a question in regards to if we release him.

He becomes a free agent, correct ??

So depending on how he does with a new team.

would that entitle us to a comp pick next year ??

I think comp picks are only given for players who leave via free agency, but I'm not sure.

Meanwhile the rest of the NFL is laughing at us for signing AH. I think Shanny has used AH as an example to make sure they understand that he is in charge. But right now neither side is winning the battle. Now AH is really a sad excuse for a human being and with our luck he will grow up and another team will benefit from his change of outlook.

Frankly, I'd like to see him relegated to the practice squad...forever.

Make him attend every meeting, do the physical test routinely and basically make an example of him.

BTW, wasn't it Vinny who put this pathetic contract together?

I think comp picks are only given for players who leave via free agency, but I'm not sure.

No comp pick because we would have to cut him or to traded for a later RD consideration to get him off thr rosterl. Players need to leave thru FA and sign with another. Possibly Rocky Mac, Golston, etc.

Just curious:

What do you think we would get for him? A conditional 5th or 6th round pick? Or an expired egg salad sammich?

A late RD conditional 5th/6th (the 4th from Tenn was never verified). So do you accept one of those deals and get pennies on the dollar fo AH or do you try to salavge the situation and hopefully in return you get a semi elite player if he managed to pull his head from his backside. We'll we know how it played out but at the end the marginal compensation for his services is..well still marginal.

I though it was worth holding on to him last YR. Now I'd trade him for a 6'er of natty boh.

Archived