Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Jim Haslett describes Albert Haynesworth in a nutshell: “He doesn’t want to do anything

authentic

Torain and Helu are locks while Williams came on as a 3rd down back and in pass pro last yr. It depends on if we keep 3 or 4 RBs because we'll probably also keep Sellers and Young at FB. I see those 5 making the 53 while Royster goes to the PS and Davis is cut. As far as Robinson, he had 180+ catches, 3300+ yds, and 30 TDs. I think he'll be the 5th WR while Paul will be the guy instead of Banks at KR/PR. Chris Peterson (Boise's coach) is an excellent coach and I see Thompson beating out Westbrook as our 4th/5th CB.
Fair enough. My thought process is Shanny said Helu reminded him of Portis, and Royster, Terrell Davis. If Helu is half as good as Portis in pass pro, I think Williams is out of here, and Royster takes his spot.

As for Robinson, I didn't know those stats, they look promising, and I tend to agree with you regarding Thompson as a replacement for Westbrook.

This seems to be getting a little off-topic for this thread.

I really hope we pull an Al Davis and just have him sit on his ass until his contract expires. No contact with the team, just keep out of football completely. Nobody is going to offer anything beyond a 6th round pick and we'd have to pay him anyway.

It's not just the scheme because he didn't like playing in Blache's 4-3 either. He's a colossal POS. Signing him despite all the red flags is Vinny’s and Snyder’s legacy.

Yep; Blache couldn't get him to buy into anything either. Please let us get a 4th rounder for his fat ass!

the most surprising thing i took from that article was that fat albert actually reads the newspaper. that seems like a lot of effort on his part. doesn't he realize he can just watch the news on tv?

thats actually a very good point. who knew he liked to read the newspaper? very old school.

then again, it was probably just a way to not pay attention at the meetings, cuz that requires a longer attention span.

the most surprising thing i took from that article was that fat albert actually reads the newspaper. that seems like a lot of effort on his part. doesn't he realize he can just watch the news on tv?

I think Haslett was just being nice, he didn't say the full quote, which was, "Don't pretend to read the newspaper in meetings, we all know you're illiterate!", to which Albert replied, "I'm not illiterate, my mama and daddy were married when I was born."

I agree that it's GERMANE to your conversation, just not the thread. :-)

Funny...That's what I get for multitasking and being an idiot.Must have had JERMAINE Lewis, Jermaine O'neal, Jermaine Dupri, or Jermaine Jackson on my mind. Now that is defintiely not germane to the conv.

I really hope we pull an Al Davis and just have him sit on his ass until his contract expires. No contact with the team, just keep out of football completely. Nobody is going to offer anything beyond a 6th round pick and we'd have to pay him anyway.

I completely agree. I hope we have him 'on the roster' but not a member of the team. I'd love to ruin his career.

Does anyone remember big Als comments when he was initially signed , how he wanted to be all about being the best he could be, the next Reggie White, people would only talk about him not because of the 100 million but his play on the field - Pah pathetic . He did this to himself and should never ever be able to get back on the field .

One thing that amuses me is in the PFT article someone was saying the eagles would take him for free and turn him into a pro bowler - makes sense as the eagles becomes the home for despicable humans but I would rather he rot his career away in suspensions - (behavior detrimental to the team, sexual assult allegations, road rage etc don't paint the NFL in a good light Roger G) = stupid ass

The most frustrating thing is that he could be one of the best 4-3 DTs to ever play the game.

With the commitment, maturity and all the things that guys like Reggie White/Warren Sapp/Joe Green whoever had, Fat Al would be a complete monster. We've seen it, he has the ability. Its too bad he's more concerned with getting drunk in Reston Town Center, feeling up waitresses and showing up fat and out of shape.

It pisses me off. What a ****ing prick.

Just curious:

What do you think we would get for him? A conditional 5th or 6th round pick? Or an expired egg salad sammich?

It was suggested a 4th round pick was on the table. If that's the case, Mike should have pulled the trigger and it was a dumb move.

Archived