• Under 40 - Sofia Vergera
    • Under 40 - Jeisa Chiminazzo
    • Over 40 - Catherine Zeta-Jones
    • Over 40 - Naomi Watts
    • Olympic - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic - Alona Bondarenko
    • Reality Star - Katherine McPhee
    • Reality Star - Mallory Snyder

You gotta nip this in this in the bud and get rid of Scott Brooks. Rick Adleman (sp) is available.

---------- Post added May-25th-2011 at 11:01 PM ----------

Westbrook has a temper but I like it. It complements Durant because he's a soft spoken dude.

But they're like 22....this broke their hearts but they will be great if they stay together and improve their game.

Westbrook's not a loser.

What a dick move by Jason Terry.

Totally disagree. I thought Terry dunking was funny. As did he as you saw him and Marion laughing. Great way to end.

And Westbrook is absolutely a loser. You stick around and shake hands.

The Thunder will forever live or die by him. Again, I'm convinced you can't win with a score-first PG. Westbrook had a great game tonight but let's not forget the other four games.

Also, I think Mark Cuban is pretty douchey, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend so I'm rooting for him too. He's a thumb in the eye of Josef Stern so I hope Dallas makes him have to present the trophy to Cuban. I'll love every minute of it.

If games were 44 minutes instead of 48, OKC would be heading home with a 3-2 series lead. Shows the difference between a team full of veterans and a team with college senior age kids. The Thunder will be damn good, but they can't close games at all. The Mavs can and that was the biggest difference in this series.

Another difference? This guy.

wpid-dallas-mavericks-forward-dirk-nowitzki-41-celebrates-hitting-a-three-point-shot-in-the-second-half-against-the-los-angeles-lakers-during-game-3-of-the-nba-western-conference-semi-fina.jpeg

That's comical.

I don't see why the Lakers have to "collapse." They have big contracts' date=' but they have big contracts on players people want. If they dangled anybody out of the Odom/Gasol/Bynum group, they would get a ton of great offers (though I don't see them letting go of Gasol).

If they clear space and get Howard in a year...good gravy. Howard/Gasol/Old Kobe would be a pretty formidable team.

And watch. There will be some kind of Allen Houston provision in the next CBA and they will be able to just take Artest off the books.

I hate the Lakers.[/quote']

I don't think the Lakers will keep Gasol. Deserved or not, this playoff performance really screwed him. There's something very wrong going on behind the scenes with him. I think it's only a matter of time before he demands to get out of there.

I think Odom's value also took a hit with this postseason. He's getting old and his stupid reality show is a detriment to him and any team he plays for.

There's some divergence on just how long Kobe has left too. Bill Simmons talked to Phil Jackson a year ago and Jackson himself hinted that he thought Kobe only had one elite year left... we'll see how good he is next season. Kobe is in his early 30's but he's got far more mileage on his body than most. Simmons speculated that Jackson wanted to get out before the wheels came off for Kobe, Jackson's retirement doesn't bode well for what he thinks Kobe has left.

The Lakers looked pretty bad in the post season, but the real signs of their demise were clear at the end of the regular season. Plain and simple they looked old and slow. Much more so than the Celtics and the Spurs. They basically have no quality young developmental talent either where the Celts and Spurs do. They're going to have to drastically revamp their roster to remain a contender IMO.

I don't think the Allen Houston rule comes into effect in the new CBA because there isn't the same level of demand for it now that there was 5-7 years ago. There aren't as many awful contracts out there as there was at that time because teams wised up and became more fiscally responsible.

Basically the only teams that really benefit in the short term from the Allen Houston rule are the Lakers (Artest), the Magic (Arenas), the Wizards (Rashard), and maybe the Nets (Travis Outlaw). All of the fiscally responsible franchises, which are most teams nowadays, are not going to cede such a competitive advantage to the Magic and the Lakers. Rashard's contract doesn't mean crap to the Wizards since we're rebuilding anyway and he'll be off the books long before we can realistically contend for free agents. Honestly, it makes more sense for us to pay his deal for 2011-2012 so that we can use his massive expiring contract as a nice trade chip in 2012-2013 when we're a bit closer to contention.

Bottom line, more owners will oppose the rule than support it since it doesn't help them and only helps a few of their rivals, Boston's ownership isn't going to do Otis Smith any favors. They'll say **** him, he made his bed and he should lie in it, and they'll be right to do it.

Besides, the Allen Houston rule doesn't help the Lakers get Dwight even if it gets implemented. It drastically helps the Magic extend him by taking Arenas off the books and instantly having room to sign a whole other damned max deal. They can give him a better extension than LA can offer, and can bring in another max player like Chris Paul/Deron Williams (who'd certainly leave New Jersey to go play with him). Dwight would certainly rather stay in Orlando, in the East, playing with Chris Paul then go and join a rapidly decaying Lakers core for less money.

There is no quick fix on the horizon for the Lakers. Howard is a pipe dream. Paul probably is too. If I'm them I have no illusions about the fact that my window with Kobe Bryant/Gasol is now over. I try and move Bryant and Gasol to build assets and I start to rebuild around Bynum and hope I get lucky in the 2012 class. I trade for Ricky Rubio for 30 cents on the dollar and I try and get the top 2012 pick so I can draft Anthony Davis. Maybe see what I can get Kevin Love for? Time to go young.

One further note, whomever gets the first or second overall pick in the 2013 class is going to be pretty damn lucky. Andre Drummond and Isaiah Austin are freaks. They're the type of prospects who can turn around a franchise.

So much fail, so little time.

Best point guard in the world, huh?

Again, puff puff pass. :ols:

You are going to be eating those words in about a year maybe two.

John Wall's rookie season was historically good. Watching the Thunder and the Bulls this playoffs was delightful. I've been watching John Wall all season.

I got to see how much better than them Wall is going to be. They're still making mistakes and facing obstacles he's leaping over as a rookie.

The only PG in the league in Wall's way is Chris Paul.

---------- Post added May-26th-2011 at 02:00 AM ----------

Gasol ain't going anywhere.

It will be Bynum that's gone.

Doubt it. Gasol needs a change of scenery badly and Bynum is younger anyway. Makes more sense to build around him than Gasol.

Again, I hope the MD legislators grant an exemption for this series. A lot of people hate Dallas in this region. That can't be disputed. Dallas is public enemy #1. We go so far in our Dallas hate as to hate teams not named the Cowboys, that's how intense the rivalry is between the Redskins and the Cowboys.

Given current events, I have no choice but to take the side of the hated city of Dallas. Because another public enemy exists in DC who is just as bad as Dallas, maybe even worse. The crab dribbler.

One can only hope the Mavs don't have to play against the Heat and the refs

dTKxxsDuDas

Here's to a different outcome and referees that don't make up calls. Look at that video, Wade isn't even touched!

Archived