Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 2012 Thread

Devastate

Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?

• Yes
    • No

I think I just lost the most ridiculous game ever.

4-0.

Yep, two safetys.

I didn't get Madden last year and I've barely played it, except at a friends house. We've been playing together for years, the games usually come down to the wire. So anyway, I decided to get it this year....I just brought it home, popped it in and decided to get online to get a roster update and play a game.

It matched me up with someone playing as the Dolphins on All-Pro. Had no problems with running with Hightower early on, but Beck was horrible. Not even close to any of the receivers, I couldn't do **** on offense.

Anyway, at one point late in the first half, he punted and had me backed up inside the ten. I sent Moss deep and Armstrong on a slant, hoping to draw the safety to one of them and get one on one coverage to pick up a big gain. Dropped Grossman back, had a good look on Moss deep and...I didn't realize how long it took for Grossman to wind up and throw it. I took a sack right in the end zone.

Early in the 2nd half, he punted, Banks wanted to take it from the 10 yard line...I pulled him away to let it roll in the endzone...it took a funny bounce, rolled kinda slow to the endzone and before I knew it one of the other Skins (can't remember) downed it at the 1 right before one of the Dolphins got to it. From the looks of it, I don't think the defender would have been able to have gotten to it in time. WTF.

I line up on the 1, he sends the house, safety #2.

I held him to 24 total yards. I sacked him 4 times. I just couldn't do ****. I can't remember ever being shut out like that...or giving up two safeties in a game. I'm kind of embarrassed to tell this, but losing by a score that should belong in a baseball game is pretty ridiculous.

The only thing that made Madden 10 fun was the ES Online Franchise that lasted 5-6 weeks or so before everyone stopped playing. I was pissed because I was in first place with the Colts at the time.

Wish there was a way to do that and make sure everyone still participated as the season went along.

That league was great. I was ripping it with the Saints. Then it all fell apart.

Of course, id do it again if there was one this year.......

In my profile, I take clock acceleration off. However in my franchise, it accelerates it anyway and I don't have the option of turning it off. At the end of the game, I have about 50 yards rushing and 100 yards and my players aren't gonna improve any. How do I take the clock acceleration off in Franchise mode?

Was playing a friend. He was Cleveland, I was the Redskins, obviously.

Game starts, and I get a FG first drive, 3-0. Next possession, off the stretch run, Hightower 69 yards to the house, 10-0. I then get a pick 6 with Atogwe, 17-0.

Halftime comes, and I have a comfortable lead. Well, he scores on two long passes on blown coverages, 17-14. I then return the kickoff with Banks for a TD right up the middle, 24-14. 4th rolls around, and he scores two more times, the second time off of great field position after a turnover. So, with just over a minute left...I have the ball, and this happens.

:ols: I couldn't complete anything the entire game it seemed. I won, 31-28.

RD and Slacky, I know you guys were in the NCAA dynasty that has pretty much stalled, but if you want in a very active 30 team (if you guys join) Madden lg then let me know. We have been running this thing with most of the same people since Madden '10, so it goes pretty smoothly. Hopefully we fill it up. If you guys played, it would up the percentage of Skins fans to about 20% and give us majority.

Is this for 360 or ps?

Presentation and Franchise Rain issues aside, I think this is the best Madden since the previous generation of Maddens from a gameplay standpoint. The Presentation in Madden has sucked forever, imo, so it's no surprise that it sucks yet again. Granted the omission of names and completely botching a number of players names is ridiculous (hopefully this is something that they can fix with a patch). I'm about 5/6 games into my franchise and I've had maybe 3 games that have been in the rain, it was a little annoying but it's also nice to not play every game in perfect weather either, it could definitely use some tweaking though.

I am still waiting for the day that EA just copies the 2k5's presentation system, which was one of the best in any sports game I've ever played. The halftime and post game this year is atrocious, it just seems like they don't know what they want to do with it. I don't know why it's so hard for them to figure it out, they seem to do a solid job with their other sports titles.

Having said all of that, the gameplay is great. It would seem that the development team spent all of their time fixing the gameplay and AI as opposed to working on the glitz and glam of presentation ... and I'll take that tradeoff every time if that's what it comes down to. As someone who skipped Madden 11, I feel like Madden 12 is worth the money.

The Scouting Menu is really weird, like I cannot add more player or remove players from it.

Gameplay is MUCH smoother. Collision system is well done. I like the game overall, but those glitches need to be fixed.

Also, is anyone else irked by their pronunciation of Gano?

It looks like with the new scouting you have to check back in after a couple of weeks and you'll be able to add new guys to your scouting list. That's what happened for me anyway. I actually like the new scouting though. It makes it more of a crapshoot (which is how it should be). And yes, GAN-no is definitely irksome.

How do you upload highlights?

after a game, go to "game recap" then "highlights". i think this is the order of the menu. then just navigate to a specific play in a quarter and you can view it from different angles and upload it to the EA server from there. you have to sign in to the EA sports website to see them.

...or you can do it the old fashion way with smartphone camera and youtube.

Heads up about scouting, you can scout 15 players during certain points of the season. I can't remember them all off the top of my head but it's week 1,5,9,13, and 17 I believe. You can't scout a previous player. It's a bit glitchy though seeing how you scout a QB and it shows their kicking ratings (lol) but after the season you get to have pro days and individual workouts at the combine. If you scout a player enough you can get his full rating. I exported my NCAA roster so I was able to nab Andrew Luck, 85 overall as a rookie. Landry Jones was an 84.

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 02:47 AM ----------

I'm on my 2nd season now, the Free Agent bidding system is definitely hectic, and teams AI for evaluating player personnel is much better. The FA market had some names in it, but all were 30+ years of age. Love the scouting though, you can get a much better idea of a players actual potential and rating, instead of just taking a shot in the dark at someone with a 1st round projection.

What gives you that impression? Seems that most of us have said the presentation is pretty terrible, but the gameplay is leaps and bounds better than any of the previous "next gen" Madden games.

That's what I think too. Awful presentation, very good game play. I'm hoping some of the presentation issues get fixed in the next title update.

People complain about Madden every year because "it's supposedly the cool thing to do". I cannot imagine how you can nit pick this game. It's the first Madden where realism is at the all time high. No more BS screen passes across the complete other side of the field while running a bootleg, no more garbage coverage from safeties where they play 10 yards off the LOS in man and run full bore at the WR on the snap and get burned by 9 deep balls BS, running is finally possible on All-Madden. For all the haters of Madden, take it off Rookie or Pro skill and set it to All-Madden already. I would be shocked if anyone is able to legit complete a season more than 10 wins. Thank god for Hightower.

People complain about Madden every year because "it's supposedly the cool thing to do".

Some of us started before it was cool.

I cannot imagine how you can nit pick this game. It's the first Madden where realism is at the all time high. No more BS screen passes across the complete other side of the field while running a bootleg, no more garbage coverage from safeties where they play 10 yards off the LOS in man and run full bore at the WR on the snap and get burned by 9 deep balls BS, running is finally possible on All-Madden.

Madden had more of an arcade-y feel for much of its history, one that peaked right before the current generation of systems came out. Now that EA has re-geared and tried harder to be realistic they have entered an uncanny valley of sorts, where the game's flaws are greatly magnified because they can't compare to reality. That wouldn't be a huge problem if EA wasn't also so horrendously slow to make progress on fixes both large and small. The fact that EA's approximation of reality when it comes to line play and defensive playcalling is particularly poor doesn't help, either.

For all the haters of Madden, take it off Rookie or Pro skill and set it to All-Madden already. I would be shocked if anyone is able to legit complete a season more than 10 wins. Thank god for Hightower.

Really? You're going that route? :ols:

I don't really have much to say here other than that the Madden players fastest to put down others while promoting themselves stereotypically possess an underwhelming level of skill.

Some of us started before it was cool.

Madden had more of an arcade-y feel for much of its history, one that peaked right before the current generation of systems came out. Now that EA has re-geared and tried harder to be realistic they have entered an uncanny valley of sorts, where the game's flaws are greatly magnified because they can't compare to reality. That wouldn't be a huge problem if EA wasn't also so horrendously slow to make progress on fixes both large and small. The fact that EA's approximation of reality when it comes to line play and defensive playcalling is particularly poor doesn't help, either.

Really? You're going that route? :ols:

I don't really have much to say here other than that the Madden players fastest to put down others while promoting themselves stereotypically possess an underwhelming level of skill.

Not tooting my own horn at all. I'm talking about people going 15-1 and saying how stupid madden is. I'm 4-6 right now in my 2nd season. First one was All-Pro.

Archived