Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 2012 Thread

Devastate

Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?

• Yes
    • No

Drafted Andrew Luck in year 3 of my franchise (played some games in the first two, but my intent was to play the third season from the start)...

4th preseason game.

Out for season.

Son of a *****.

At least I got Ryan Tannehil, who's a 78 in year 2 (vs. Luck as an 88 as a rookie) at QB.

Ah, I see. I honestly don't know too many people who do that. Typically All Madden is where you see the flaws and limitations of the game most glaringly expressed.

This is true. All Madden is garbage. It makes you resort to way too many money plays to win. Can I still outsmart the CPU on All-Madden? Of course. Is it fun? Absolutely not.

When you call a running play and the entire D-line pancakes YOUR O-line by the time you handoff, something is wrong with the game. Welcome to All-Madden.

For the life of me I can't figure out the deal with the R3 button on defense on PS3? Everything is happening so fast that I can't figure out how to shift my d-line or my corners. How do I change what a defensive player is going to do. Like rush the Qb or play zone or whatever. Any help will be great. I feel like a total noob!!! Hahaha!!! Help!!!

For the life of me I can't figure out the deal with the R3 button on defense on PS3? Everything is happening so fast that I can't figure out how to shift my d-line or my corners. How do I change what a defensive player is going to do. Like rush the Qb or play zone or whatever. Any help will be great. I feel like a total noob!!! Hahaha!!! Help!!!

This takes practice b/c EA changes it every year it seems. I'll do my best to help...

1. Switch to desired defensive player to hot route

2. Hit DOWN on the D-Pad to bring up the individual hot route menus

3. If you want to hot route him into Pass Coverage, use the D-Pad:

- UP - Drop into deep zone

- Left - Cover the flat to one side of the field

- Right - "Curl to flat" zone. (Drop back diagonally basically)

- Down - Straight blitz

4. If you want to hot route him into QB contain/spy flick the Right Stick:

- Right - QB Contain

- Left - QB spy

- Up - I cant remember

- Down- I can't remember

I may have a couple of them switched and there is a couple i don't remember off the top of my head, but that is the gist. I suggest using practice mode.

Also, if you want to shift entire units, there is the DB's (Up on the D-pad), LB's (Right on the D-Pad), D-line (Left on the D-pad), and individual (Down on the D-pad as i described above)

EDIT: now that i think about it, I'm pretty sure I messed up which direction does what, but like I said the basic procedure is still there. The in-game menu will tell you correctly anyways.

This is true. All Madden is garbage. It makes you resort to way too many money plays to win. Can I still outsmart the CPU on All-Madden? Of course. Is it fun? Absolutely not.

When you call a running play and the entire D-line pancakes YOUR O-line by the time you handoff, something is wrong with the game. Welcome to All-Madden.

I only get mad when a linebacker, who's running the WRONG WAY, manages to either change direction or stick his hand up to deflect a pass. And it happens every ****ING time. Always irritating. I can actually handle all of the other bull****, but a back to the play linebacker cannot knock a pass down thats intended for a receiver 15 yards down the field.....

Not doing so well (maybe do to the fact I've played COD for so long?) But at the same-time it may bee the 3-4 D at least with the skins I'm just custom to play a 4-3. Even last year I made a custom 4-3 defense.

Ohhhh!!

Why mess with kicking meter? I have not made a PAT since I've got the game :ols:

I finally picked up the game today. First off, the Redskins SUCK, and I mean suck BAD. I couldn't complete a 5 step drop against the Giants without taking a sack. Secondly, unless I'm missing something, EA thinks that Banks got cut. I can't find him anywhere on the updated roster.

Other than that, I like the gameplay. The rain sucks though, I hope that gets fixed at some point.

I finally picked up the game today. First off, the Redskins SUCK, and I mean suck BAD. I couldn't complete a 5 step drop against the Giants without taking a sack. Secondly, unless I'm missing something, EA thinks that Banks got cut. I can't find him anywhere on the updated roster.

Other than that, I like the gameplay. The rain sucks though, I hope that gets fixed at some point.

If you don't see Banks, you don't have the updated roster. The Redskins aren't bad, either. Our QBs are bad but we have a ton of team speed and a pretty damn good defense.

If you don't see Banks, you don't have the updated roster. The Redskins aren't bad, either. Our QBs are bad but we have a ton of team speed and a pretty damn good defense.

You must be smoking.

The QB's aren't even the worst part - the OL barely let's Grossman or Beck get 3 steps before they get sacked. (Assuming your opponent is smart enough to send any type of blitz)

You must be smoking.

The QB's aren't even the worst part - the OL barely let's Grossman or Beck get 3 steps before they get sacked. (Assuming your opponent is smart enough to send any type of blitz)

The OL does do some pretty boneheaded things every now and then but it's not that big of a deal. Good playcalling and quick reads go a long way towards mitigating that kind of problem.

Archived