Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 2012 Thread

Devastate

Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?

• Yes
    • No

Didn't see an official one.. there are two regarding specific things but wanted to create one just for news.. and stuff.

Looks like the Franchise mode is getting some love and it's about damn time as well.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65002/madden-nfl-12/articles/74520/madden-nfl-12-franchise-mode-preview/

Really like the sound of the new scouting and free agency systems and the player labels.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

"I was the sole designer on Franchise mode for Xbox and PS2 in Madden NFL 04, 05, 06 and 07. A lot of the features we added back then are some of my all-time favorites. I left Madden to be the lead designer on NFL Head Coach 09 and with my team, we created the most in-depth career mode game ever (as far as I’m concerned). I came back to Madden with the goal to provide the fans with an experience similar to Head Coach 09…tons of features and depth within the Franchise and Superstar modes."

This alone would bring me back to madden....IF its franchise mode is improving the way they're describing it.

I'm still holding out to see how the new tackle system works thats supposed to take momentum into account. Last year they said they took momentum into account yet my FBs would get stuffed at the line and tackled backwards pretty much every time.

madden 11 was so dissapointing that for the first time i doubt ill buy this game. unless its like 10'

Wait, is the general consensus that '11 was WORSE than '10? I'm surprised by that, I liked '11 much more, although both '10 and '11 had terrible franchise modes.

Wait, is the general consensus that '11 was WORSE than '10? I'm surprised by that, I liked '11 much more, although both '10 and '11 had terrible franchise modes.

yeah, I thought 11 was a little better. not too much, though. the added animations, especially receiver animations along the sidelines, and the addition of fade routes. other than that, though, not too different... except for that failure of a pro-tak system.

Link is blocked for me, but how are they going to make a franchise mode with realistic free agency/salary cap/etc. when the rules are going to change with a new CBA before football starts again?

I assume we're just gonna go with the old CBA. I mean, they can always change the way they deal with that stuff in Madden '13

They have to fix the glitches on the mini-game mode. Since it is a lot of us, we like to play the mini-games.

Three things that they have to fix:

- A glitch on the Quarterback Challenge happens when there is a borderline TD in the back of the end zone. The put the ball on the one yard line and when you score a TD, you don't get the points and you are still on the one.

- On the running back challenge, sometimes the QB doesn't hand off to the running back and then they start to run with the ball. The QB usually gets hit, unless it is Vick, who usually scores on the glitch.

- The one on one receiver drill should have one side of the field to work with. When you use the whole field it is easy for the WR to just out run the Corner. If they do want to use the entire field, it should be a safety up top.

Love Franchise Mode but am hoping Superstar gets a little attention.. There is so much depth potential for that mode for as useless as it has become

There's a few articles up on IGN now and one addresses Superstar mode. You'll earn Skill points for games and for practices now that you can assign to whatever you want to build your Superstar the way you want to, which I think will be a huge improvement by itself.

There's a few articles up on IGN now and one addresses Superstar mode. You'll earn Skill points for games and for practices now that you can assign to whatever you want to build your Superstar the way you want to, which I think will be a huge improvement by itself.

Plus, they have player tendencies. I'll try to find the screenshot...

Edit: Here it is

ss1.jpg

I LOVE the fact that they made it where you can trade future years draft picks. That's awesome. PLUS you can edit the players ratings, so I can finally get GOOD draft classes without having to upload them 24343 times to get good classes. Those two things alone make me want to buy it lol

I LOVE the fact that they made it where you can trade future years draft picks. That's awesome. PLUS you can edit the players ratings, so I can finally get GOOD draft classes without having to upload them 24343 times to get good classes. Those two things alone make me want to buy it lol

Exactly. And you can fix some of the whacky ratings stuff that come with the game. Way too many 90+ players. And with editing, and editing draft classes, you can permanently keep that down if you desire to.

This is something we could do in the past I never understood why it was taken out

It's a tiny thing, but I wish they would bring back how to structure a player's salary (front-loaded, back-loaded, pyramid, even, etc)

this. I hate that signing bonus = back-loaded. why can't I just pay the **** now while I have cap space instead of a ballooning salary that gets quickly out of control?

Archived