Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 2012 Thread

Devastate

Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Because of the lockout, Should any coach lose their job next offseason?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry for the dumb question but I haven't played since '08 and just picked up 12 recently...Do I need an xbox live gold subscription to get my rosters updated? I still have pre-lockout rosters (the default I guess) but it seems like I need the gold subscription. I hardly play online so I usually don't have a gold sub. activated.

edit: I tried to redeem my code that I received with the game for the online pass and it keeps failing...not sure if that's related to the gold sub. or not.

I just downloaded a new roster update. Is this new or did I get one that I already had? If It's new we didn't move up much. Oh well, maybe next time after we beat the cowboys!!!

HTTR!!!

It's new. Rex gained a point, Fred gained a point, Cooley lost a point, KLich gained a few points, Chester and Brown each lost a point (why?), Helu gained a few, Young gained a few, etc. We won't see a big bump unless (until?) we're 4-0 at the bye, I think.

It's new. Rex gained a point, Fred gained a point, Cooley lost a point, KLich gained a few points, Chester and Brown each lost a point (why?), Helu gained a few, Young gained a few, etc. We won't see a big bump unless (until?) we're 4-0 at the bye, I think.

You know we'll beat Dallas and they will still go up 3 to 5 points overall in the game and we will stay the same overall or go up 1 point.

I just got back into playing online, haven't really played online since Madden '09 (maybe even before that).

Still getting my feet under me in online play. But if anyone is on 360 and wants to play (I'm a big fan of Skins vs. Skins also) you can find me @ crazyjoe mac.

Either way I had a pretty fun game against a guy where Helu went nuts for me. 16 carries for 151 yards and 2 TDs. The person I played was extremely susceptible to falling for misdirection in the run game.

Here are some highlights:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/94842938

Early in the game he ran a reverse, and with the Raiders fast WRs he had a pretty good gain off of it. So I ran a play that has Santana coming around on a fake end around, and he completely bit on it, leaving a huge hole for Helu.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/94842765

This one was late in the game, I needed to pull away because he was down by less than two scores. Again, more misdirection, this time with Young on the left side, he played crashing the outside, I cut back through the middle and am gone for a TD, pretty much sealing the victory.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/94843015

This was early in the 3rd QTR, he was trying to get within 3 points and I ran a CB blitz from one side and got pressure from Bowen and Orakpo up the middle, he tried to roll away and throw the screen pass to McFadden and Barnes was there for the pick 6.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 06:17 PM ----------

Has anyone had trouble playing on XBOX LIve the past day or two? Everything on my account works, except for EA games. It says I can't connect to EA servers.

I got that a few times like 3 days ago, but haven't had any issues since Saturday or Sunday..

I have the same problem every year. I can't find a offense playbook that I like. The Redskins playbook is ok but I'm looking for something better. What playbook do you all use? I'm looking for a playbook that has a shotgun 5 wide formation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Philly's playbook is pretty good, but most people seem to be running with Texans and ATL, I currently use the ATL playbook. Alot of peeps are using Carolina too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived