Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 Network (PSN) Down

PSUHeckler

Is the ****ing network up yet? I want to play Madden online or Deamon Souls

this is the latest from sony two days ago.

As you may know, we’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.

As you’ve heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won’t restore the services until we can test the system’s strength in these respects.

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/06/service-restoration-update/

:rolleyes:

the whole "end of may" thing is when sony plans of having the network "100% fully functional" again. Online gameplay is their first priority, and they still plan on having that up sometime this week (we've heard that before, i know...)

That article is misleading. Every internet forum i'm a member of has that article posted about end of may, and everybody is freaking out like "OMG, i can't play Black Ops 'til the end of May?!" No. Much sooner than the end of may.

Online/multiplayer is Sony's #1 priority, and they plan on having that up as soon as possible. Other features like the Playstation Store, Qroticy music streaming, PS Home, etc will be up by the end of May. But the basic feature of being able to play games online will be back before anything else on the network...

Now is when I wish I didn't sell my Xbox last summer

Yeah dude, sorry about that. I still have my Xbox, thank god. I was really into BFBC and was getting good at it when PSN went down. Unfortunately I do not have Battlefield for Xbox. If things keep going this way I just may have to go buy it.

---------- Post added May-9th-2011 at 11:59 AM ----------

the whole "end of may" thing is when sony plans of having the network "100% fully functional" again. Online gameplay is their first priority, and they still plan on having that up sometime this week (we've heard that before, i know...)

That article is misleading. Every internet forum i'm a member of has had that posted, and everybody is freaking out like "OMG, i can't play Black Ops 'til the end of May?!" No. Much sooner than the end of may.

Online/multiplayer is Sony's #1 priority, and they plan on having that up as soon as possible. Other features like the Playstation Store, Qroticy music streaming, PS Home, etc will be up by the end of May. But the basic feature of being able to play games online will be back before anything else on the network...

Disagree with this man. Their number one priority is not online gameplay as this is not their money maker. Other services like the Playstation Store and Qriocity are what bring them money.

People are freaking because Sony has been less than honest about this entire debacle. When it first went down it was supposed to be just a couple days, then it moved to May 7th and now they are saying the end of May. Honesty goes a long way and I hope Sony learned something from this.

Disagree with this man. Their number one priority is not online gameplay as this is not their money maker. Other services like the Playstation Store and Qriocity are what bring them money.

this article was written today, May 9th. Let's hope there's some truth to it.

"Updated: Whilst May 31 is the date that Sony aims to return full functionality to the PSN service, including the PSN Store, according to the PlayStation Blog the company aims to restore online gameplay before that date."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166810p1.html

this article was written today, May 9th. Let's hope there's some truth to it.

"Updated: Whilst May 31 is the date that Sony aims to return full functionality to the PSN service, including the PSN Store, according to the PlayStation Blog the company aims to restore online gameplay before that date."

Man I sure hope that article is correct. With everything we have read so far it's hard to believe any of it though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166810p1.html

dude, tell me about it. They have given us several bogus dates that have come and passed. No PSN. The first two weeks I was okay. Spent more time with the wife (LOL), been watching a lot of basketball and just doing random things around the house. But I'm really starting to get the itch to shoot some people in the face lately.

I hope this doesn't hurt the PS3 community too badly. I know a lot of folks have the patience to wait it out, but I've read a ton of posts on various PS3 forums where people said they've already sold their PS3s and picked 360s...

dude, tell me about it. They have given us several bogus dates that have come and passed. No PSN. The first two weeks I was okay. Spent more time with the wife (LOL), been watching a lot of basketball and just doing random things around the house. But I'm really starting to get the itch to shoot some people in the face lately.

I hope this doesn't hurt the PS3 community too badly. I know a lot of folks have the patience to wait it out, but I've read a ton of posts on various PS3 forums where people said they've already sold their PS3s and picked 360s...

Same goes for me man. I was okay for the first couple weeks but I'm missing my BFBC2. Like I said earlier I have a 360 but do not have that game for it. I've been passing time with Black Ops and Homefront.

I read somewhere that gamestop is giving a $200 trade for the old PS3 towards the purchase of a newer unit. I'm sure the community will survive this because they are so many hardcore Playstation fans out there. I just want them to hurry up and fix the damn thing and stop stringing us along with these bogus dates.

Same goes for me man. I was okay for the first couple weeks but I'm missing my BFBC2. Like I said earlier I have a 360 but do not have that game for it. I've been passing time with Black Ops and Homefront.

I read somewhere that gamestop is giving a $200 trade for the old PS3 towards the purchase of a newer unit. I'm sure the community will survive this because they are so many hardcore Playstation fans out there. I just want them to hurry up and fix the damn thing and stop stringing us along with these bogus dates.

Yeah, if it were not for the Blu-Ray and all the file formats it accepts, I may have dumped it. But this is getting down right ridiculous, I feel like we are being lied to. How do you say it was going to be up in a week and you were in the final stages of testing, to possibly not being full up till the 31st?

Unfortunately, I was one of the idiots who had their credit card info on the site and has to wait till they bring it up to change my password. I think this has long tern consequences for Sony and the gen after the PS3 and XBOX 360. I just hope MSOFT makes a more reliable system, but I doubt it, because that's who they are....Sucks we have to ****TY companies to pick from...

This is exactly how I feel. I bought Tiger Woods '12 the day before the network crashed and that was the first time another game had even been in my PS3 in probably at least a year. I'm far past being tired of it and need some BFBC2 in a ridiculous way, and if I can't set C4 on something soon, I'm going damned batty...

This is such a cluster****, fix it already....

This is exactly how I feel. I bought Tiger Woods '12 the day before the network crashed and that was the first time another game had even been in my PS3 in probably at least a year. I'm far past being tired of it and need some BFBC2 in a ridiculous way, and if I can't set C4 on something soon, I'm going damned batty...

This is such a cluster****, fix it already....

what's your BFBC2 SN?

If you bought an Xbox 360 within, I think, the last year or so, you won't run into the RROD issues. The fixed the problem at the factories. I purchased an arcade system last year for $149 and slapped my HD on it. Still running along with 0 issues.

If you bought an Xbox 360 within, I think, the last year or so, you won't run into the RROD issues. The fixed the problem at the factories. I purchased an arcade system last year for $149 and slapped my HD on it. Still running along with 0 issues.

Truly depends on the stock at the store. You could have still gotten an older model last year - in fact, I know of someone who did at Costco and it's the 4th 360 he has RRODed from Costco.

As bad as the network being down is - I still like my PS3 and will still play the exclusive titles. Nothing will stop that. Same goes for the RROD crap from the 360. I like the exclusives there to much to give up on 1 particular system.

I still can't figure out how some of you found a workaround to getting Netflix to work. I've been trying nearly every evening to get the thing to play anything and it never works. Am I missing some update or what. T~T

LOL at least some of us can tackle our big backlog of PS2, PS3 games we've been building up over the years.

I still can't figure out how some of you found a workaround to getting Netflix to work. I've been trying nearly every evening to get the thing to play anything and it never works. Am I missing some update or what. T~T

LOL at least some of us can tackle our big backlog of PS2, PS3 games we've been building up over the years.

just in case you haven't been told this...here is exactly what you do...

-start netflix app

-When it asks for you to sign in to PSN, HIT "X". That is the most important part. If you hit "0" to back out, it won't work.

- Do this twice.

- After the second time of hitting "X" at the prompt, it will let you through.

Can't emphasize enough that if you hit circle, it won't work.

just in case you haven't been told this...here is exactly what you do...

-start netflix app

-When it asks for you to sign in to PSN, HIT "X". That is the most important part. If you hit "0" to back out, it won't work.

- Do this twice.

- After the second time of hitting "X" at the prompt, it will let you through.

Can't emphasize enough that if you hit circle, it won't work.

I don't have to do it twice, when it propts me to sign in I hit X and when the error pops up I hit O am bam Netflix is live and running.

If none of this works you can always try up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start

Okay, this whole PSN being down thing sucks but at least I have had a job to occupy my time. But now Monday is my last day and I planned on spending some quality time sitting at home getting drunk all day and playing video games. If it isn't fixed by Tuesday, I don't know what I'll do with my newly discovered free time.

I planned on spending some quality time sitting at home getting drunk all day and playing video games. .

Drunk gaming all day is the best! I talk so much trash when I'm wasted :ols::)

I hope it comes up soon, because I've done almost everything there is to do in Fallout: New Vegas.

Archived