Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 Network (PSN) Down

PSUHeckler

Netflix does indeed work. Start the app, it'll prompt you to sign in, try to sign in, it will fail, if it prompts you again, try again, and when you get the error message, hit circle (cancel). All the titles should be showing up by then and you can watch whatever you want.

This does not work. You can sign in to Netflix, view the titles but you can't actually watch them. When the movie starts to load, there will be an error stating that you must be signed in to PSN in order to watch movies.

This does not work. You can sign in to Netflix, view the titles but you can't actually watch them. When the movie starts to load, there will be an error stating that you must be signed in to PSN in order to watch movies.

Netflix works for me as stated by SN: asking. Has since this happened until 3 am this morning. If it's not working, that's brand new.

People have their personal info and cc info stolen because a network breach is not a joke by any means. If 360 had the same thing I happen I wouldn't be over saying, "HAHA paying to get hacked"

That's cause it's Microsoft, and it would never happen.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/28/3585779/sony-says-stolen-playstation-credit.html

Sony says stolen PlayStation credit data encrypted

By BARBARA ORTUTAY

AP Technology Writer

Published: Thursday, Apr. 28, 2011 - 6:14 am

Last Modified: Thursday, Apr. 28, 2011 - 12:17 pm

NEW YORK -- Sony is telling PlayStation users that it had encrypted the credit card data that hackers may have stolen, reducing but not eliminating the chances that thieves could have used the information.

Sony Corp. said in a blog post Wednesday that while it had no direct evidence the data were even taken, it cannot rule out the possibility. It did not say how strong the encryption was, and it is possible for hackers to decipher files that are weakly encrypted - it's just more difficult.

"All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken," the company wrote in its blog post.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/28/3585779/sony-says-stolen-playstation-credit.html#ixzz1KqsS9qvm

Sony is responsible for over 77 million user accounts meaning they would have to have Level 1 PCI Compliance. The encryption they are required to use is going to be tough as hell to crack.

Netflix works for me as stated by SN: asking. Has since this happened until 3 am this morning. If it's not working, that's brand new.

I tried yesterday night. I was able to sign in. When I went to watch a movie, the movie started to load and then a PSOS message popped up that said I had to be signed into PSN in order to watch instantly. I was able to sign into my netflix account and view titles (including the ones on my instant queue) but I couldn't watch any movies.

Anyone heard any new news? This is getting even more dangerous for Sony. I've almost stopped missing it!

None that I have heard or seen. I agree that Sony is treading dangerous waters here with the amount of time they've been down and seemingly will be down. As much as I hate the franchise (I'll admit it's insanely popular), imagine if a new COD title had dropped during this down time? Or even another popular online franchise? The amount of vitriol spewed against Sony would have been ridiculous.

Wow. It's still down. I didn't even know for awhile since I've been mostly playing Diablo II. Tried signing in to Netflix and it says PSN is down. Feel bad for those that use PSN as the only way to play online. I bet we get a free game out of this at least.

If I hadn't been so busy with papers lately i would be so pissed as hell. I'm still mad that my card info could be stolen. I mean really Sony?! They better damn well do something to make up for this crap. 77 million users. You realize how people are wondering what is going on with their account right now?

I've never trusted putting Credit Card Information on a console(don't know why). Big reason why I just buy Wii Points, PSN Cards, and MS Points for my buying needs. Besides it saves you many in the long run when you get them on sale. Before PS3 had PSN cards I had to use a gift card or money loader card so the worse thing that can happen to me is some schmuck getting what little I put on the darn thing every month. I'm mostly mad I can't Netflix(though some of you seem to get it to work) and not getting my online PSN gaming fix.

Whoever hacked them is pretty good since it's taking them this long to fix it. I really wonder if it was the Anonymous Group doing all this.

I've never trusted putting Credit Card Information on a console(don't know why). Big reason why I just buy Wii Points, PSN Cards, and MS Points for my buying needs. Besides it saves you many in the long run when you get them on sale. Before PS3 had PSN cards I had to use a gift card or money loader card so the worse thing that can happen to me is some schmuck getting what little I put on the darn thing every month. I'm mostly mad I can't Netflix(though some of you seem to get it to work) and not getting my online PSN gaming fix.

Whoever hacked them is pretty good since it's taking them this long to fix it. I really wonder if it was the Anonymous Group doing all this.

Irony is I use to just buy the PSN cards. I put my card on for like a week and then boom the network gets hacked. of course.......

Assuming they were indeed hacked, the hacking itself couldn't have taken them down for too long. Sony's redoing their whole PSN. If they wanted to, they could snap their fingers and have the old system up and running again, but either its insecure and susceptible to hacking, or there are some features they wish to add to give them more control over your console.

Anyways, that's not Anonymous' M.O. They take credit for their work so they can get their message out. Like the last time they hacked Sony not all that long ago they left a message taking credit for it and explaining why they did it. Or all their attacks on Scientology. Or like their raids on Habbo (Pool's Closed)

During a press conference tonight in Tokyo, Sony detailed what it will reward PlayStation Network users when the service is turned back on next week after being shut down due to an illegal intrusion.

The company announced its "Welcome Back" program worldwide, giving all existing PlayStation Network users 30 days of PlayStation Plus for free. Current PlayStation Plus members will receive 30 days of additional service at no cost. Sony will also provide "selected PlayStation entertainment content" for free to download. Details for each region will be announced at a later date. Additionally, Music Unlimited subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1165399p1.html

I had stayed away from my PS3 for about a solid month and a half, and just turned it on last week to play Mortal Kombat and realized that I couldn't sign in. I guess If I was an avid online player then I would be pretty pissed, but seeing as how all of the single player games are fine, and the fact that I have an X Box, I'm not too worried about it.

While they're busy trying to make everyone happy, now would be a good time for them to fix the ****ed up Netflix menu screen ( if they haven't already) that they decided wasn't their problem. That alone caused me to scrap it all together.

Archived