Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 Network (PSN) Down

PSUHeckler

Mind you, all of their SOE games are down as well.

Sony is up a creek right now. EQ, EQ2 and all of their other not as popular games are shut down because of this. Those people are going to want discounts... They need to get their services up.

I don't think anything is hard as Shao Kahn on MKll. That was back when games forced you to play at a competitive level. That and the fact that Kintaro always cheated with the teleport stomp thing. BTW, is he in the game? I know Goro is

All the artrells are in the game. I find Kintaro quite easy to beat in this version. Did anyone else finish the challenge tower? I had the hardest time with the 3 Goro's.

Apparently sony is completely done working it, and small select groups in japan, europe and north america are online and testing everything from non-dev ps3s.

Im on my phone and don't know how to link, but check out the forums on playstation universe under network. :-)

Apparently sony is completely done working it, and small select groups in japan, europe and north america are online and testing everything from non-dev ps3s.

Im on my phone and don't know how to link, but check out the forums on playstation universe under network. :-)

Just yesterday I read that they've been testing Socom internally on the PSN, so reading this today gives me hope.

Mind you, all of their SOE games are down as well.

Sony is up a creek right now. EQ, EQ2 and all of their other not as popular games are shut down because of this. Those people are going to want discounts... They need to get their services up.

Maaaan... forgot about that.

How much is this costing Sony in total games sales I wonder as well? 3-4 weeks straight of people buying less games, buying less accessories etc. I guess some people went out and got single player games.

My new roommate has a PS and I haven't been able to try it yet. I just want to login to the PSN and check it out... The blueray is awesome though on my TV. If he didn't have my Xbox to play, he would've definitely bought an XBox by now.

If you've played fighting games for awhile, the controls aren't that difficult to understand. They all pretty much follow the same concept, as far as button commands/placement, etc are concerned. My handle is hotsaus26

I don't really play fighting games button smashing gets on my nerves.

Amazon Server Said to Be Used in Sony Attack

By Pavel Alpeyev, Joseph Galante and Mariko Yasu - May 13, 2011 6:35 PM ET

inShare

24More Print Email

Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN)’s Web Services cloud- computing unit was used by hackers in last month’s attack against Sony Corp. (6758)’s online entertainment systems, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

Hackers using an alias signed up to rent a server through Amazon’s EC2 service and launched the attack from there, said the person, who requested anonymity because the information is confidential. The account has been shut down, the person said.

The development sheds light on how hackers used the so- called cloud to carry out the second-biggest online theft of personal information to date. The incursion, which compromised the personal accounts of more than 100 million Sony customers, was “a very carefully planned, very professional, highly sophisticated criminal cyber attack,” Sony has said.

Source; Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-13/sony-network-said-to-have-been-invaded-by-hackers-using-amazon-com-server.html

Has anyone else developed anger management issues over the last 3 weeks?

No!!! Why do people keep ****ing asking me that!? Son of a *****! No I don't have any ****ing anger management issues! I just wish people would leave me the hell alone! Ugh!

As you can see, no.

:silly:

It didn't take me as long to beat him as some others. I saw a few that said it them 4 hours to beat him, it took me maybe 30-45 minutes. Once you develope a strategy of constantly teleporting so you can get behind him and throw some uppercuts and combos, he's really not that tough.

Well that and if you get him charge happy, you can back jump and punch in the air while he's charging you and follow up with an upper cut or combo.. What some people seem to have a problem with is thinking they can't block against him.. Block + uppercut = win. If you are right next to him crouched he will almost always try to hit you with a low hammer swing, block it, upper cut. Leaving your feet is a bad idea, keep it simple, on the ground, block and counter.

---------- Post added May-14th-2011 at 03:21 PM ----------

I don't think anything is hard as Shao Kahn on MKll. That was back when games forced you to play at a competitive level. That and the fact that Kintaro always cheated with the teleport stomp thing. BTW, is he in the game? I know Goro is

Yep he's in there, he's a little ***** cat too =/ but Goro is beyond easy at any difficulty

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

edit: Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement

Archived